Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Variety: 10 Best Performances From Female Musicians Turned Actors

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

YourEvilTwin

3. Lady Gaga in 'A Star is Born' (2018)

The scene that proves it: “I’ll Never Love Again”

The widespread acclaim of Bradley Cooper’s directorial debut was palpable when it premiered at the Venice and Toronto International Film Festivals. Nabbing eight Oscar nominations, two of which were for the goddess herself — for original song for “Shallow” (shared with Mark Ronson, Anthony Rossomando and Andrew Wyatt) and actress in a leading role. Taking on the fourth inception of a film done to death in cinema, Gaga made Ally lovable, relatable and tenderly accessible for the audience. She finds everything about Ally that works and pushes it to the forefront of her performance, even if it makes her painstakingly vulnerable. That’s proven by none other than the closing number “I’ll Never Love Again,” a shattering moment for the viewer, closing the film on an ultimate high. And who can forget the other underrated “Always Remember Us This Way” as another example of authenticity and soulful deliveries?

Let’s bring on the “House of Gucci.”

https://variety.com/lists/performances-female-musicians-turned-actors-ranked/

littlepotter

Bjork being #1 with just one movie :giveup: that performance was truly the best I've ever seen

chaeri pls

Akiki

Dancer in the Dark is amazing. A bit overly dramatic but Bjork really sold me into her story

alsemanche

Björk exhibiting queen behavior once again we love to see it! 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived