💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

SAG Awards 2021 Winners List

RAMROD

Featured Posts

jensentyy
43 minutes ago, sickandtired said:

Mulligan just keeps losing. She was supposedly the frontrunner at Globes, "because they loved her movie", she lost. She was considered as the frontrunner for BAFTA since she's won there before and this was her first shot at an Oscar since 2009, she was not even nominated. She was predicted for SAG, she lost.

Day's globe win is not to be underestimated, it's history! It gave her the visibility she lacked and after that, everybody watched her eat that thing up! Plus she's playing an icon (see Renée and Rami Malek!)

For Frances and Kirby, I'm gonna wait for BAFTA and see what they do but I could frankly see it go to one of those british actresses. After they all the backlash they got these past few years, they legit pushed Carey out to make room for more overlooked poc actresses, they'll probably go with one as the winner too. Besides, Frances is winning "Best Picture", so will they give her two oscars, in a single night? 3 years after her second win? idk... btw she's my fave in the line up!

I truly believe it's between Day and Viola, right now! Both are not only very strong in the race but they got the narrative too!       

Which is really quite a shame. I admit I’ve not watched Promising Young Woman but from what I’ve heard she was brilliant in it! I love LOVE Viola but Ma Rainey’s is one of her weakest in her repertoire (still great though! Just not deserving of a win). 

I do not think Frances is deserving of a win as well. Was she brilliant? Yes. But look how much longer it took Meryl, a much more versatile actress, for example to get a third Oscar. While Frances is phenomenal, she is just too one dimensional (in my opinion) to win a third (in my opinion). 

Vanessa Kirby. What a raw and brilliant performance. I’m rooting for her but I think her performance lacks “veteran experience”(?). Which probably helped actually but throughout the entire film I keep thinking how a seasoned actor could bring more to the table. 

Maybe you’re right in that Andra do stand a chance. Not that into the best actress race this year, don’t know why. 

Rooting for Minari all the way! 

nodandsmile
26 minutes ago, jensentyy said:

While Frances is phenomenal, she is just too one dimensional (in my opinion) to win a third (in my opinion). 

The way I actually agree. I love her in everything, she's a legend but to justify multiple wins, you gotta be undeniable quite a few times (I absolutely despise her first win!)... and it's true that she plays the "heartbroken, yet tough on the surface and takes sh*t from nobody" woman a bit too often 🥴.... and same could be said about Jessica Lange!

It's actually a pretty strong group of nominees tbh and Carey was actually great and would be a deserving winner, she's simply not as strong as people thought she'd be (many thought she'd sweep!) but we clearly have a real race and I can't complain... if Kirby or Frances wins BAFTA, I'll have absolutely no clue what to make of this race tbh 😅

and Minari all the way, so happy for Youn Yuh-Jung!

Archived