💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

DJWS Posts About ARTPOP

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

MessyTop
2 minutes ago, Jed said:

Your incessant need to read it in the worst possible way shows how you dont see gaga and her collaborators as people but as machines to make you happy. Hes talking about how incredibly hard and traumatic the experience was. Being overworked, backstabbed, and dealing with personal demons. Gaga was dealing with body pain, professional betrayal and addiction issues. We dont know what demons djws faced. 

you should be ashamed of yourself for being so callous about someones emotional trauma. Being so immediately dismissive of it is the antithesis of what being a gaga fan is supposed to be about. Shame on you. 

What about the R Kelly victims? I have empathy for them. Shame on me? Really? Respect other people opinions. I didn’t say anything wrong 

also I’m not talking about Gaga. I was talking about him. Don’t acuse me of something I didn’t even type. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FFXIV WhiteMage
2 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

Good is called opinions. We all have different ones. 

Doesn't excuse you for being  sh*tty on someone who shared his traumatic experience. He obviously encountered more than "music" making during that time. 

PlastiscGuy
5 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

For crying out loud they where doing music not being mother Teresa!  Dramatic much?

Gaga herself has said it many times, music can be therapeutic. Many musicians use their music to heal, to overcome their traumas, and it can be very exhausting. To face your own demons and put your story out for the public can be hard.

So yeah, I don't think he's being dramatic. That was his experience. It's okay if you haven't gone through something similar, but trying to be emphatic won't hurt... 

PG.

holy scheisse

Omg team up with gags again and drop arpops revenge b*tch. Make a healing album together and replace the negative connotation with act 2 king!!

Lady Rah Rah

So Interscope are the ones who pulled the plug on it. It makes perfect sense now, I bet there were numerous unpleasant phone calls and meetings which made both Gaga and DJWS incredibly burnt out and depressed about their art. Clearly Interscope felt Act 2 was too experimental and not mainstream to release...at the end of the day they just want sales...so now it makes perfect sense. 

It's hard to imagine a world where the artist doesn't have the final say on what they want out there...but here we are. This makes me happy and hopeful they will let her release this just as a little side thing...surely that isnt a lot to ask. But if its too upsetting for Gaga then I totally understand. 

ARTPOP, you’ll always have my heart.

MessyTop
2 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

Gaga herself has said it many times, music can be therapeutic. Many musicians use their music to heal, to overcome their traumas, and it can be very exhausting. To face your own demons and put your story out for the public can be hard.

So yeah, I don't think he's being dramatic. That was his experience. It's okay if you haven't gone through something similar, but trying to be emphatic won't hurt... 

Thank you fro your answer. I get it.it’s just  hard to process when he was trying to push R Kelly in the album. He’s involvement in bringing R Kelly to ARTPOP has always been a problem for me 

LastNight

The ARTPOP era is endlessly fascinating to me, I eat up everything to do with it. Honestly... a follow up EP on the 10th anniversary would collapse the Internet.

I’ve seen a couple of people on here say recently that it was the album that nearly destroyed her career so why go back there, but the vast majority of the criticism and reaction to the record was far more to do with the specific media/GP attitude towards her coming off of BTW, how overexposed she was at that time and the insanity of the stan wars on social media.

She was trashed because it was trendy to trash her, but the music was great and I’ve seen SO many people admit now that they actually like/d the album. A revisit to that era would be eaten up by the internet, it’s the perfect mix of nostalgia/cult favourite/controversy/iconic pop culture moment/irony/hate-to-love-it. It would probably only work as a surprise EP rather than a full album roll-out, but it would be absolutely amazing.

EDIT: sounds like it was a very stressful time though, so I can completely understand not wanting to revisit it. Gaga is very sensitive and spiritual about her work, I can understand her wanting to leave it in the past. 

ARTPOPe

Aww

Perhaps they could go the Taylor route and re-record ARTPOP, but in the way she wanted it to be.

ARTPOP (Gaga's Version) :diane:

Stream The Love Invention

Notthebling

ARTPOP broke both him and Gaga and that makes me incredibly sad

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

ZiggyZiggs
10 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

For crying out loud they where doing music not being mother Teresa!  Dramatic much?

I dont think you understand this is not just about making music, he’s a producer it’s his job to do it. You’ve never heard of people having traumatic experiences while WORKING?? So many people have killed themselves cuz of the things  they had to go through trying to deliver a project or an assignment at work. It’s incredibly hard and taxing stuff. This just proves that you don’t see them as actual people with feelings like all of us but as machines who are supposed to do this and that it’s easy. This is high pressure stuff. Long nights no sleep, a lot of no’s, a lot of re-do’s, that **** can affect your mental health. I mean hell Gaga has talked about how bad her mental health has been cuz of all this???

Next time try to actually think deep before you type out words.

Fresco

What is he talking about with the freefalling and someone stealing his wallet out his dead body and then  it happens again? What is this an analogy for? Is he just talking about songs that were studio worked and then rejected for the album or something else?

Just curious, not worth ruining career to spill.

PlastiscGuy
3 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

Thank you fro your answer. I get it.it’s just  hard to process when he was trying to push R Kelly in the album. He’s involvement in bringing R Kelly to ARTPOP has always been a problem for me 

I get that, and I agree. It's something I'll never understand. While nothing will excuse what they did, we can only hope they learned from their mistake :green:

PG.

ModernEcstasy

I am literally tearing up after reading this. 

it’s so strange that Gaga and the people around her were affected so negatively by this era, yet it made me so happy. 
ARTPOP will always hold a special place in my heart. it was also the first and sadly last era that I got to see Gaga live. (due to cancellations on every booking I’ve had since then)

I genuinely hope that Gaga can one day enjoy ARTPOP as much as we do :heart::heart::heart:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived