💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kate Winslet says she knows "at least four actors in the closet"

Bambino

Featured Posts

LilyLark
27 minutes ago, duskball said:

Bradley for sure. I have friends who have worked around him. And i just don’t see the reason for them to lie. 

I always thought he might be bi, simply because he has several famous exes who seem kind of annoyed/not on good terms with him...and if it was a straight up bearding arrangement I doubt there would be more than one ex with hard feelings. Also, Lainey from Lainey Gossip (I know, I know) has heavily implied for years that he is bisexual along with Leo DiCaprio).

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
androiduser
1 minute ago, RichAssPiss said:

I didn't misunderstand. You said no one thinks or suspects anyone is gay if they are not conventionally handsome. And this is not true.

I was referring to assumptions that are basically wishful thinking, based on the actor's attractiveness.

androiduser
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

and if it was a straight up bearding arrangement I doubt there would be more than one ex with hard feelings.

why would beards have hard feelings if it was an arrangement? they did their part and that's that.

gypsy101
1 hour ago, IllusionLover said:

He's not an actor. Unless his role as Camila Cabello's boyfriend for the señorita PR stunt counts :billie:

they’re still “together” 2 years later though so... idk 

LilyLark
8 minutes ago, androiduser said:

you misunderstood me... I was saying how gay men always insist that good looking men are closeted and have "inside info"...

I do sort of believe the Jake G rumors aren't true and basically arose because of Brokeback Mountain and because he's an objectively attractive man. He's dated so many famous women, and it's hard to believe they would all agree to be beards....I don't think Tom Cruise is gay, either.

RichAssPiss
2 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I was referring to assumptions that are basically wishful thinking, based on the actor's attractiveness.

There is no difference. Yes, lots of actors have been speculated to be queer over the years. Some eventually came out. Some were blackmailed out. Just because someone is attractive that doesn't mean they are not queer, or that people are only wishing them to be. Tab Hunter, Sal Mineo, Anthony Perkins, Rock Hudson, Marlon Brando. They all dealt with the closet in their time and they are all very handsome. What's the point you are trying to make? That sometimes people speculate and are wrong? Sure. But also, a lot of actors are queer and closeted. Time has made this easier to know about past generations. I assume in generations future we will know more about the landscape of the closet now too. And some speculations will have been wrong and some right. 

RichAssPiss
3 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I do sort of believe the Jake G rumors aren't true and basically arose because of Brokeback Mountain and because he's an objectively attractive man. He's dated so many famous women, and it's hard to believe they would all agree to be beards....I don't think Tom Cruise is gay, either.

Dating a woman is not a "beard" if you're bisexual.

LilyLark
1 minute ago, androiduser said:

why would beards have hard feelings if it was an arrangement? they did their part and that's that.

It could be a messy situation if money was involved or the arrangement didn't pan out the way it was supposed to pan out....but I doubt there would be multiple messy situations with ex beards, especially if they are famous, because at the end of the day it's basically just a transaction./agreement.

gypsy101
6 minutes ago, androiduser said:

honestly though most actors are conventionally attractive lmao. it’s like a thing in Hollywood.

4 that stick out to me are John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Hugh Jackman and James Corden and none of that is wishful thinking

LilyLark
1 minute ago, RichAssPiss said:

Dating a woman is not a "beard" if you're bisexual.

Yeah, I meant the rumors about Jake G being gay are probably unlikely because I doubt that many famous women would agree or want to be beards (it's usually less famous women)....it's possible he's bisexual. But the most prominent rumors about him have always been that he's gay, so that was what I was addressing.

Rahrahbitchson

alyssa milano popcorn GIF

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

elijahfan
1 hour ago, Cookie Woman said:

Those are completely different points of interest. If Chris Evans or a POC or someone coming up came out of the closet tomorrow, they'd never get cast in a big leading roll again because society doesn't hold queer men in the same esteem as straight men.

Once again, society doesn't give roles to actors. If Hollywood had the balls to support its (numerous) queer members, society would follow suit. But of course, nobody wanting to make a lot of $ is willing to take any sort of risk.

LilyLark
Just now, elijahfan said:

Once again, society doesn't give roles to actors. If Hollywood had the balls to support its (numerous) queer members, society would follow suit.

Unfortunately, Hollywood is afraid of temporarily losing money before they can shift society's perceptions and the fact that the movies might be censored in China.

elijahfan
6 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Unfortunately, Hollywood is afraid of temporarily losing money before they can shift society's perceptions and the fact that the movies might be censored in China.

Of course, it's a vicious circle. Hollywood would rather make $ than have morals. Unfortunately, morals are what are going to change the world in the long term, but who cares about the long term when you can be rich now.

Archived