Kate Winslet says she knows "at least four actors in the closet"

Bambino

Featured Posts

Ziggy
1 hour ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Hugh jackman 

Bradley cooper 

Zac Efron

Tbh I’ve heard stuff about at least one of them from someone who hobknobs in these Hollywood circles. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Levine

So I guess I'm the only one hating these kind of quotes. You can say the hollywodian system is a mess without saying "I know people" because now everybody is naming names and it's not a good thing.

RichAssPiss

I remember around the time of Brokeback Mountain, there were very firm rumors that a story was coming where Jake would come out as bisexual. Not just swirling rumors, but the early rumblings from within the industry that something tangible was coming. The way people in an industry sometimes know about casting / deals before the formal announcement. And then all of a sudden the story was allegedly squashed. His relationship with Austin Nichols was pretty public. He seemed personally open to being publicly out as bisexual. I assume his management got cold feet, or got word he was in danger of losing work. At the time he wanted to do big blockbusters. I think he did Prince or Persia soon after.  

hieronymus
18 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Society isn't the ones giving actors jobs - once people in power start portraying queer people as normal people, society will follow.

Those are completely different points of interest. If Chris Evans or a POC or someone coming up came out of the closet tomorrow, they'd never get cast in a big leading roll again because society doesn't hold queer men in the same esteem as straight men.

Not only that but Jake Gyllenhaal's career hasn't been the same since Brokeback Mountain. He was getting blockbuster starring roles but since he's done indie films or supporting work and only recently got a huge role in Spiderman.

LittleMonster20

It’s a common phenomenon that a lot of famous men are. Not only actors but also other male celebrities.

I think Jeffree Star made a video about it once in which he explained a lot of well known men hook up with gay guys behind closed doors.

Kadikaado

Hugh jackman 

Bradley cooper 

Zac Efron

James Franco...

Isn't Zac Efron publicly bi?

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

LittleMonster20
3 minutes ago, Kadikaado said:

James Franco...

I remember Zac Efron saying he’d totally be open to doing a love scene with a guy, so he might be?

BUtterfield 8
2 minutes ago, Kadikaado said:

James Franco...

All I remember is he dated Michele Rodriguez and she’s bi so ppl assumed zac was bi

androiduser
7 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

I remember around the time of Brokeback Mountain, there were very firm rumors that a story was coming where Jake would come out as bisexual. Not just swirling rumors, but the early rumblings from within the industry that something tangible was coming. The way people in an industry sometimes know about casting / deals before the formal announcement. And then all of a sudden the story was allegedly squashed. His relationship with Austin Nichols was pretty public. He seemed personally open to being publicly out as bisexual. I assume his management got cold feet, or got word he was in danger of losing work. At the time he wanted to do big blockbusters. I think he did Prince or Persia soon after.  

or... he isn't gay at all and all this was wishful thinking because he is an attractive guy. Funny how there are never these rumors and speculations about unattractive celebs.

hieronymus
1 minute ago, androiduser said:

or... he isn't gay at all and all this was wishful thinking because he is an attractive guy. Funny how there are never these rumors and speculations about unattractive celebs.

Name an objectively unattractive celeb that people talk about.

duskball

Hugh jackman 

Bradley cooper 

Zac Efron

Bradley for sure. I have friends who have worked around him. And i just don’t see the reason for them to lie. 

RichAssPiss
16 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Laird Cregar and Victor Buono were both unconventional looking men whose careers were affected by their sexuality. They were the subject of tabloid rumors and career limitations place upon them. Buono was arrested multiple times because being gay was still illegal then. It's not just conventionally handsome men who are affected by homophobia in Hollywood. 

androiduser
30 minutes ago, Cookie Woman said:

Name an objectively unattractive celeb that people talk about.

my point exactly

androiduser
16 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

Laird Cregar and Victor Buono were both unconventional looking men whose careers were affected by their sexuality. They were the subject of tabloid rumors and career limitations place upon them. Buono was arrested multiple times because being gay was still illegal then. It's not just conventionally handsome men who are affected by homophobia in Hollywood. 

you misunderstood me... I was saying how gay men always insist that good looking men are closeted and have "inside info"...

RichAssPiss
2 minutes ago, androiduser said:

you misunderstood me... I was saying how gay men always insist that good looking men are closeted and have "inside info"...

I didn't misunderstand. You said no one thinks or suspects anyone is gay if they are not conventionally handsome. And this is not true.

Archived