💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

How did you discover the pop girls? (any of them)

LateToCult

Featured Posts

Greg August

• Gaga: i was watching some random videos on youtube and one of them had the demo version of "Bad Romance" playing in the background but didn't know more about the song... one year later i saw Gaga on a magazine and that's where my monster journey began

• Katy: same as Gaga, first i heard "Hot N' Cold" as a background music in a video on youtube but didn't know who sang it... one year later on the same magazine i discovered Katy's world

• Lana: i saw the "Born To Die" album cover everywhere and i was like "who's that girl?"... one day i decided to finally listen to "Born To Die" (song) and my ears went to heaven and met angels.

• Beyoncé: since she released "Crazy In Love" my cousin was a super fan of her

• Britney: it's Britney b*tch

• Madonna: well... she's a pop icon, i knew her name but the first time she captured my attention was on a TV show where there was a List of the 10 Best Pop Divas Ever

• Cher: Cher

• Ari: on Victorious, when she sang "Give It Up" i knew she had a huge future in music. I was so happy when i heard "The Way" on the radio

• Dua: listened to "Be The One" but at first it was just okay... then one day i was listening to my pop playlist on shuffle and "Be The One" played, that time was different, i fell in love with her voice and i was like "who that?? when did i put that song on this playlist" and there she was... Dua Lipa

• Taylor: when she started the "Red" era, i loved her music and aesthetic!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga: I was (for once :bear:) invited to a birthday party when I was 9 or 10, and Just Dance was the it song of the moment that everyone danced to. From there, I got into music in general with the Paparazzi and Bad Romance video always playing in the background. I became the person who always compiled CDs to play during art day in elementary school. I became friends with a girl who had just moved from Colombia who was a big pop music fan, we'd watch TMF (our MTV at the time) after schooltime. The Telephone video was the discussion of the day that Monday after release. My family travelled through the US summer 2010, and we played TF+TFM all the time in our long Jeep rides. Our hairdresser's told us that Lady Gaga was giving a concert in Rotterdam, so my mom and me decided to go. I was still just a casual fan at this point, who only had Youtube as a source of music. Fast forward half a year and my brother(gay)+father give me the Born This Way CD for my 12th birthday (he knew :bear:). I joined littlemonsters.com, from there I made a twitter stan account and gagadaily account in 2012, and the rest is history.

All other artists I discovered through just generally following pop music, youtube recommendations and such. The only notable exception is Justin Bieber. I was invited to come play outside with people from my neighbourhood, and they started singing a popular Dutch Baby parody. I didn't know who Justin Bieber was at the time, but they told me (and ofc taught me right away that you're supposed to hate him). 

Nathaniel Arven

I was an absolute hysterical fan of the Spice Girls when I was a baby, and i low key knew about Britney Spears because i happened to get the Stronger single... But then I forgot about pop music, until two friends of mine introduced me to that girl signing Poker Face and Just Dance. I didn't quite got it until someone showed be Paparazzi.

Then I was trapped into pop. I found the whole Madonna discography in a computer, and put it into my i-pod video (360, the best thing Apple ever did)... So Madonna came after and because of Gaga for me (though I already loved some of her songs without knowing it was her)... And then it was the end. A mess of a rock dudee turned into pop, rap and r'n'b fever.... 

Also Lana : I was at my friend's house casually watching music on TV. All was so boring and up beat, I might have been the Pitbull times, (french Music channels are very mainstream here), and then, the music gets soft, angelic and there is this girl singing Video Games... I got so obsessed with Blue Jeans then, and Off to the Races ended the game. StanHot forever

Mother of Puppies

Gagz: My sister told me that there is a new cool song (Just Dance) so I listened to it (think we illegally downloaded it) and I loved it right away... I first thought it was a song by some DJ with some unknown girl that just sang the lyrics (like David Guetta did that a few times in the beginning - he was always the main artist and just had some unknown people sing)

And when her 2nd single came out I finally watched both music videos and saw that she herself is the "main artist" and I thought that was so freaking cool! I obviously bought "The Fame" and I listened to it soooooo much and of course everything she released from that moment on! (I wasn't like the biggest fan of her as a public figure but I of course watched some interviews and "followed" her career, but I wasn't a real little monster yet)

I became a real lil monster last year after I watched her documentary and every interview on Youtube that I could find and I can't believe that I didn't do that before.... this only happened because she released Stupid Love & Chromatica album that I LOVE so much... this album gives me life! So better late than never right?

And with Katy it went like this: My sis (again) said there is a cool new song with girls kissing xD ( I kissed a girl) and I really liked the song... but I wasn't a real fan yet... then "Hot n' Cold" came out and I watched the music video the first time on MTV and I was starstruck... because I realized that she is not a typical one hit wonder and she looked so cool in the video... especially that scene where she wore those yellow pants and the Adidas jacket... and 'Hot n' Cold' was my favorite Katy song ever! I then looked up everything I could find about her, joined the forum, dyed my hair black, watched every interview and Youtube video and was also inspired by her early "pin up/Lolita fashion style" :ally: :ladyhaha:

Lana: I remember everyone loved "Video Games" and I didn't quite understand the hype...yet.... but then when "Summertime Sadness" came out I bought the album and LOVED it... my fav song is actually "Blue Jeans" and from then on I listened to everything she released.... my fav album is "Ultraviolence" ---- It always reminds me of summer and I love listening to it when I'm in Spain...

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Archived