💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P

I was wondering what the consensus on this site was for the seminal 2006 album by the emo legends themselves. I'm 20, so I was only five when MCR was at their peak with the Black Parade, but I found the album when I was 15 and it instantly became one of my favourites of all time. It is, in my opinion, the best album of the 2000's decade by a pretty decent margin, and it is in my top 6 of all time. 

It's beautiful, tragic, gut-wrenching and cathartic all in one go. Gerard's vocals are gorgeous, the guitar on this album is OUT of this world, the lyrics rip you apart and put you back together (and are occasionally kind of funny). It is one of the best rock albums ever, a rock opera for the modern ages. I think the album's influence can be seen across all forms of music from rap to pop (I truly think Gaga was heavily influenced by the album, it's visuals, it's live performances, etc.). 

I think it is a crowning jewel of 21st century art, so I really want to know what you guys think of it.

Here's the seminal song for the album. It's the perfect glimpse into the themes and sound of the album and it's visual is epic.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

spasticdoll

Their best album tbh!! everything about it works so flawlessly. tracklist is paced so well, every song is a banger, AND there’s story being told throughout it. 10/10 

xoxo go piss girl

Doily Skull

Absolutely magical and fantastic piece of art. Not everybody loves it, but I personally think it is a very well-rounded album in terms of concept, story, cohesive sound design, promotion, everything. My Chemical Romance was legendary and truly changed my life growing up and their concept albums always hit hard.

~staying stupid through my holy days~

Archived