💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga make a GP-bait album?

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

selenalavigne
2 hours ago, Reality said:

Chromatica was 100% that album, let's be real.

I absolutely love it, but it was certainly more GP-friendly than I think a lot of us thought it would be. 

but Chromatica wasn't that good. GP wants, Bad Romance, Born This Way, Poker Face etc.

she needs to do WEIRD, EDGY, POP MUSIC again. she hasn't done that in so long and I never understand why people think Chromatica was GP friendly even if Gaga thought it would be. It is BLANDER than her older music but that doesn't mean it will be more SUCCESSFUL. Quite the opposite.

that being said, RAIN ON ME IS A BOPPPP, FREE WOMAN IS A BOPPPP. YAAASSS WE STAN.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
voltron92
2 hours ago, S0436 said:

I thought she did that with Chromatica? All the songs are accessible for radio, short enough to cater for Spotify ADHD...It was hardly as raw and risky as Joanne!

I think it's also her first album with no curse words in the lyrics. 

Some of the productions on chromatics sound like GP/radio bait circa 2014. And ASIB is kind of GP bait. She does need GP support but should not be making formulaic stuff. She should work with new producers to give a fresh and innovative sound with full song structure.

thedirtymonster

Honestly, I love a basic pop album. I use the term "basic" loosely, because as we know, Pop Music will NEVER be low brow. There is a way to do pop, be cutting edge, and still be amazing. When I hear some of the "Ally" songs from ASIB, I think that a whole album of this, with a touch of her personal style and Gaga edge, could absolutely slay.

LilyLark
4 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I mean, as much as I love this record, let's not act like Chromatica was super experimental and boundary-pushing, it was pretty accessible and did spawn a #1 single. Our girl wanted a smash record and she got it.

True, but by today's US pop/electropop standards it was still a bit experimental compared to the rest of the pop landscape.

The Child

Wasn’t this enough?

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child
1 hour ago, selenalavigne said:

but Chromatica wasn't that good. GP wants, Bad Romance, Born This Way, Poker Face etc.

she needs to do WEIRD, EDGY, POP MUSIC again. she hasn't done that in so long and I never understand why people think Chromatica was GP friendly even if Gaga thought it would be. It is BLANDER than her older music but that doesn't mean it will be more SUCCESSFUL. Quite the opposite.

that being said, RAIN ON ME IS A BOPPPP, FREE WOMAN IS A BOPPPP. YAAASSS WE STAN.

Some songs on Chromatica could have been done by any pop girl. That’s what I miss about Gaga. No one could have done poker face or bad romance or Alejandro. Any other pop girl could have done rain on me.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

RAMROD

Isn't COMATICA that abum?? The sounds direction, the collabs are strong indicator.

But even if it is not, and if she make an actual GP vait album, GP won't care or know it even exist when there is no promo for it. Like, GP don't really care that you do humanity stuffs over promoting your album, they over that news in a day or two already. It's just another day for them.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

GagaUnderYou

I don't even think this woman is interested in making music anymore. 

Chromatica seemed forced and that GP album. She was incredibly sad making it from her description. Seemed like it was just a job to get done on her list. I think ARTPOP was the last time we really saw her in her element.

Agunimon

Maybe I don’t understand what it means to be GP friendly because to me the only album in her discography that is not GP friendly is Born This Way. 

chromatic puzea
4 hours ago, PEZ said:

I don't mind when her work turns out to be very GP-friendly.

But I wouldn't want her to deliberately compromise on her art or self-censor in order to try to GP-bait more.

I'd like to know that she's sticking to her guns on whatever she feels is her most authentic self in any given era. Whether that product turns out to be highly accessible or highly inaccessible or anywhere in between is fine!

this like i don't care if the album is gp friendly

if it's good, i'll stream, if it's not, i'll still stream but i won't enjoy it

music not the bling

do u like the jojo siwa song

Serial Chiller

Chromatica was commercially minded let's not kid ourselves here. Wasn't a coincidence when Blackpink and Ariana, two of the biggest GenZ idols, are on there. 

Also the bunch of endorsement deals ala OREOs :billie:

She just gave up because of the pandemic and the messy state of the world lol. 

Oriane

Come on, ASIB was that album, everyone I knew who didn't like her started listening to these songs. It's partly because listening to the music reminded them of the movie, but they made the music very accessible on purpose.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

TMM90
4 hours ago, LilyLark said:

True, but by today's US pop/electropop standards it was still a bit experimental compared to the rest of the pop landscape.

US=not the world

Genuine Guy 09
14 hours ago, Peter Parker said:

Do you think Gaga should make an album that caters to the general public the most? With Born This Way it was for the fans, and Chromatica was for the fans too. I think if she were to make an album like 21 or 25 it would be one of her most successful.

All she would have to do is release a non dance pop project. Chromatica sound is really not on trend with GP. I think she'll surprise us next project... She's never really had a critical acclaimed era in the sense of scoring over 80 on Metacritic and earning a GF Grammy. I feel its probably on the cards. 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Archived