💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga make a GP-bait album?

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

I don't mind when her work turns out to be very GP-friendly.

But I wouldn't want her to deliberately compromise on her art or self-censor in order to try to GP-bait more.

I'd like to know that she's sticking to her guns on whatever she feels is her most authentic self in any given era. Whether that product turns out to be highly accessible or highly inaccessible or anywhere in between is fine!

⚡🐲

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FameHookah
13 minutes ago, SKANK said:

You mean the album with the Max Martin produced lead single, Ariana Grande feature, and short streamable length songs, wasn’t GP bait?

Gaga hasn’t done anything to unsettle the GP since ARTPOP’s perceived failure. 

Cheek To Cheek, a collection of Starbucks standards with Tony, was used to prove she was a vocalist. With Joanne she focused on a genre which is universally respected to solidify herself as a serious musician. With A Star Is Born, and the era of beautiful but safe red carpet moments, she proved to the GP she is a legitimate actress.

She’s branching out and exploring the extents of her talents, but all in a way the is very GP friendly. 

Hopefully she starts rocking the boat again soon. 

ARTPOP traumatized her, i dont think she will.

I wish she had released haus labs back in 2009/11 all she does nowadays is very safe, and i get why but i miss when she shook the masses.

WTF is MDNA

Sneaky Oliver

I think Chromatica is the perfect mix between GP-friendly and Stans-friendly. She should keep this vibe for the next ones! 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Cookie Tookie

The Cure says hi, and I’d like to forget about her thank you

Dayman

What did you all think Cheek 2 Cheek, Joanne and A Star is Born were? Not saying anything about the quality of the music obviously. But it doesn’t get more GP bait than those genre and style choices...

Yxilon

She could drop an Adele-like soul-pop album full of epic power ballads, that would get both immense commercial success and critical acclaim. Just think about ARUTW's success despite not even being a single. 

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

IllusionLover
54 minutes ago, Reality said:

Chromatica was 100% that album, let's be real.

I absolutely love it, but it was certainly more GP-friendly than I think a lot of us thought it would be. 

No, ASIB was the GP friendly album, Chromatica is the "I'm gonna give the gays everything they want" album. (Well she didn't gave us everything but gave us something)

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Reality
2 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

No, ASIB was the GP friendly album, Chromatica is the "I'm gonna give the gays everything they want" album. (Well she didn't gave us everything but gave us something)

ASIB was also more GP-friendly, but in a different direction than Chromatica. They can both be GP-friendly, just in different ways. 

🃏🖤👹

NFRatwell

I’ll never understand why people love to push the narrative that Gaga is an experimental artist. Almost all of her solo albums are palatable for the GP, with the exception of BTW. Even ARTPOP was a rather tame album at the time, she worked with one of the most popular producers (and made some familiar EDM like GUY and Donatella), collaborated with successful artists, and the album could have had solid single choices if she actually cared to get a few #1s (DWUW if promoted, Gypsy, Applause was a top 5 hit, Sexxx Dreams). 

IllusionLover
13 minutes ago, Reality said:

ASIB was also more GP-friendly, but in a different direction than Chromatica. They can both be GP-friendly, just in different ways. 

Exactly, ASIB was soccer mom cooking breakfast in the kitchen-type of friendly and Chromatica was gays dancing in their neon lighted apartment party-type of friendly :vegas:

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

r4therupbeat
1 hour ago, S0436 said:

I thought she did that with Chromatica? All the songs are accessible for radio, short enough to cater for Spotify ADHD...It was hardly as raw and risky as Joanne!

Chromatica is gay. that's not what a gp friendly album is sis

She's done lots of GP-friendly stuff, with Joanne being the standout example imo. C2C is obviously GPF, but it isn't her music, and ASIB is GPF, but it was written for a project which was not specifically hers. Joanne was the occasion where she deliberately went MOR on an album of her own music. Chromatica is also GPF in the sense that nobody is going to hear it and go 'there's that crazy Gaga again', and it also has those marketable collabs, but I don't see a dance album as an all-out GP grab.

Anyway, she's kind of GP-friendly nearly by default now. She's a 35-y-o Oscar-nominated actress with dozens of music awards, a zillion records sold and she sang the national anthem at the inauguration a couple of months ago. Plus, have her original fans not joined the ranks of the GP by now ?

LeJudas
2 hours ago, TheOriginalOne said:

So an album full of trap songs and sea shanties

3019345-C-87-F1-493-F-B57-D-80-E32-BC502

A Sea Shantie??? 

Are those the loud high pitch sounds everyone has now? 

Archived