💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga make a GP-bait album?

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

elijahfan
7 minutes ago, S0436 said:

I thought she did that with Chromatica? All the songs are accessible for radio, short enough to cater for Spotify ADHD...It was hardly as raw and risky as Joanne!

Exactly. Chromatica, as brilliant as it is, was quite literally the opposite of risk-taking. Sometimes it feels like some people on here are treating her like a struggling indie act - she's a popular million-record selling artist, people :triggered:

episode 8 snap out ofit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fresco

Was spiderman GP-bait?

I don't know how different this "GP bait"  would be from other albums.?. Jewels and drugs and Cake like Lady Gaga are her worst songs, imo bottom of the barrel.

I would also like her to stay away from Lil Nas and his satan f@cking image, no matter how much the ggd fanbase may like him.

NFRatwell

Didn’t Gaga say Chromatica was made to be accesible and enjoyable by the GP? her most commercial solo album since TF.  

funkyhaus

Chromatica was her GP-friendly album 

You could argue ASIB was too 

I hope for her next album she releases a truly experimental, diverse album 

SHALLOW

What do you think Chromatica was? :huntyga:

Ariana, Blackpink and Elton are there for a reason

FATCAT
8 minutes ago, Reality said:

Chromatica was 100% that album, let's be real.

I absolutely love it, but it was certainly more GP-friendly than I think a lot of us thought it would be. 

:laughga: In what way? the album is literally named Chromatica. That's not a GP-friendly name. 

Sonically it's a dance album, mixed in with out-of-this-world vocals and backing tracks. Not to mention 911 and Alice having chopped vocals, something you rarely see on the radio. Even ROM, the most successful song from the album, is a far stretch from what today would be labeled "GP-friendly". 

It's not a downright experimental album, but that doesn't mean it's gp bait :fail: 

Purr more, hiss less.

elijahfan
Just now, SHALLOW said:

What do you think Chromatica was? :huntyga:

Ariana, Blackpink and Elton are there for a reason

Nowadays, if you don't have hundred millions of followers on TikTok and 2 viral moments a minute, you're not GP-friendly anymore apparently :yennefer:

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

:laughga: In what way? the album is literally named Chromatica. That's not a GP-friendly name. 

Sonically it's a dance album, mixed in with out-of-this-world vocals and backing tracks. Not to mention 911 and Alice having chopped vocals, something you rarely see on the radio. Even ROM, the most successful song from the album, is a far stretch from what today would be labeled "GP-friendly". 

It's not a downright experimental album, but that doesn't mean it's gp bait :fail: 

Sorry but ROM is literally what the gays wanted. :huntyga:

It couldn't have been more commercial

SHALLOW
14 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Exactly. Chromatica, as brilliant as it is, was quite literally the opposite of risk-taking. Sometimes it feels like some people on here are treating her like a struggling indie act - she's a popular million-record selling artist, people :triggered:

episode 8 snap out ofit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

That's what i've been saying since it came out, but people weren't ready to hear it :huntyga: so i got dragged for months in here

OhHenny2020

Didn’t all the producers say how much the songs changed and how they would do lots of the work and then bring it back to her. In other words, I think it’s likely she could do exactly what op is suggesting. Will she do it? Will she release Haus Labs No Name generic eyeliner to coincide? Time will tell

SKANK

You mean the album with the Max Martin produced lead single, Ariana Grande feature, and short streamable length songs, wasn’t GP bait?

Gaga hasn’t done anything to unsettle the GP since ARTPOP’s perceived failure. 

Cheek To Cheek, a collection of Starbucks standards with Tony, was used to prove she was a vocalist. With Joanne she focused on a genre which is universally respected to solidify herself as a serious musician. With A Star Is Born, and the era of beautiful but safe red carpet moments, she proved to the GP she is a legitimate actress.

She’s branching out and exploring the extents of her talents, but all in a way the is very GP friendly. 

Hopefully she starts rocking the boat again soon. 

LGHunter

Not some of you saying "noo she shouldnt." 

y'all will be the first ones who will scream yasss gaga when she does and gets multiple #1s.

elijahfan
6 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

That's what i've been saying since it came out, but people weren't ready to hear it :huntyga: so i got dragged for months in here

And not that it's a bad thing tbh, but people aren't ready for those conversations in the early days of an album release :toofunny: Seems like some are still not ready now.

Reality
8 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

All the songs on the album are pretty digestible. The only exceptions being maybe 911 and Alice (and maaaybe Babylon). The name of the album means nothing. I mean, "Born This Way" is pretty "GP-friendly" but more than half of that album is not.

I disagree with you on ROM. It's one of the most GP-friendly songs on the album. It's no wonder why people flocked to that song (besides the fact that Ari and Gaga were on the track together). I mean, Fun Tonight, Free Woman, Stupid Love, 1000 Doves, Plastic Doll, SFA, etc. all sound pretty much fit that sound.

But hey, just because something is "GP-friendly" doesn't mean that it's bad. The album is in my top 3 for Gaga. 

đŸ–€đŸ‘č

Archived