maurizio-gucci-assassinat-ridley-scott-l

ohhh can someone photoshop Gaga's and Salma's head on there? :billie:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mother of Puppies
1 hour ago, Aphasic Top said:

For all we know Gaga didn't audition for it and the role was given to her because of her talent, fame, power and connections.

You think Gaga didn't audition for the role of Patrizia? I don't think so... she has once said that she wants to "work" for her roles and audition, even if she's bad" at auditioning, like she always says.

I just can't imagine a producer like Ridley Scott blindly taking her for the lead without having her seen act/audition before... :triggered:

Aphasic

nep·o·tism

noun

The practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

For all we know Gaga didn't audition for it and the role was given to her because of her talent, fame, power and connections.

I agree with what you expressed in your comment.

2 minutes ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

You think Gaga didn't audition for the role of Patrizia? I don't think so... she has once said that she wants to "work" for her roles and audition, even if she's bad" at auditioning, like she always says.

I just can't imagine a producer like Ridley Scott blindly taking her for the lead without having her seen act/audition before... :triggered:

I never said "I think Lady Gaga did not audition for the role". It should be obvious that my comment was to show that nepotism can be easily miscontrued.

Mother of Puppies
Just now, Aphasic Top said:

I never said "I think Lady Gaga did not audition for the role". It should be obvious that my comment was to show that nepotism can be easily miscontrued.

aahhh... sorry, I misunderstood your comment then.  :kara:

Tinnitus15

This movie gonna be iconic...Mass seizures are expected and lots of ghey gasps

LaLa
36 minutes ago, Jill said:

Why are people assuming nepotism? I interpreted the title as her having the role of Gaga's best friend lol

Because Selma's husband is CEO of the corporation the owns Gucci.

But I hardly think nepotism is at play here, that connection is pretty thin and Selma is a great actress anyway.  

Aphasic
1 hour ago, Ivannn said:

It is not nepotism at all. This is a movie about Gucci family, not company. Family name existed before company, her husband is not a Gucci family member nor a owner of it but current owner of a brand. His company has no involvment with this film and I am sure Ridley Scott is not related to miss Hayek.

nep·o·tism

noun

The practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

I agree with what you expressed in your comment.

1 minute ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

aahhh... sorry, I misunderstood your comment then.  :kara:

On the contrary I even stated that I agreed with the person whose comment I replied to. It´s alright. Let´s just be careful to read and get the full context of what members on here write. It´s very easy to misinterpret someone when we don´t pay close attention to what they are trying to say. :kiss:

beaublue
On 3/30/2021 at 2:11 PM, Bio said:

The nepotism tho

Whine about it to Beyoncé’s daughter, I’m sure her Grammy will comfort you

gypsy101
On 3/30/2021 at 3:11 PM, Bio said:

The nepotism tho

what part is nepotism? is she related to the director or casting director or a producer?

3 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

what part is nepotism? is she related to the director or casting director or a producer?

She's married to the owner of the Gucci brand. Imagine the access to the Gucci archive they're gonna have.

gypsy101
2 minutes ago, Bio said:

She's married to the owner of the Gucci brand. Imagine the access to the Gucci archive they're gonna have.

huh is the brand doing work on the film?

fghtrfd
5 hours ago, Bio said:

The head of Gucci already said they could have access. Kering will have little to nothing to do with that decision - Gucci still makes its own decisions.

There might be a little bit of 'her husband owns the company' in her involvement, but she's also an Oscar-nominated actress in her own right so we can't really assume that's all there is to it. 

And there are plenty of actors who don't have to audition for roles, they get approached! AD is probably one of them by now - sure I read he was the only person in the entire Star Wars cast who didn't have to.

Archived