💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Asking the audio producers

Notthebling

Featured Posts

Notthebling

To everyone making music and remixes here, I’m really curious to know how became able to do so.

Do you have a musical background, do you make music for a living, studied music?

What software do you use?

I’m really passionate about music and I wish I was as talented as some of you are from what I can hear you’re making.

Any tips you’d have.

Thanks so much

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

Bonkers

YouTube will answer your questions in as much detail as you can handle. 

If you're an Apple boy, get Logic

If you're interested in making beats, use FL Studio

Ableton Live is the other one that a lot of people are using, but I find it requires a bit more technical commitment.

They're called DAWs and in the end, they all work basically the same way and use the same or similar plugins for things like EQ, Compression, Reverb, Delay, etc.

For equipment, all you need is a good computer, a midi controller, a source for VST (virtual instruments) like Native Instruments or Arturia.  If you're going to do vocal recording, don't mess around with a USB microphone - you'll want what's called an audio interface & an XLR microphone.  The Focusrite bundle (interface, mic & studio headphones) is a great buy and there are lots of YouTube videos explaining what it is.

:vegas:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Mother of Puppies

I have bought myself an AKAI midi keyboard/controller (first I wanted an ABLETON) but for a start I went with the cheaper option... I really like it, but I must admit that it looks easier than it is... you have to really get into it to be able to make some tracks...

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

TimisaMonster

I was never classically trained or have knowledge of music theory, but I do make music as an independent artist with the name Sapphire Phoenix. It's my goal to make it my main source of income. 

I use a DAW called Soundtrap made by Spotify which is not the best honestly and lacks a lot of features and effects to make more complex music. It's designed to be really user friendly and for beginners but for me I've already outgrown it and want to move on lol

I'd say start by learning basic music production like mixing, eq, compression, mastering, etc which can be watched for free on YouTube or by a mentor you admire who has a course or class they offer

Invest in basic studio equipment to start like condenser microphone, pop filter, stand, speakers, audio interface, etc

Depending on how professional you are trying to be, research about social media marketing, advertising campaigns, streaming platforms, etc

I wish the best for you. You can check out my IG page for reference instagram.com/officialsapphirephoenix/

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

SOLRWAVE

Hey!

I started taking piano lessons when I was 7/8 but that didn't last long. Music runs in my family, so despite not having lessons anymore, I still had the musical tendencies. It wasn't until I was 16 when my father got me a synthesizer which I then took upon myself to learn music production, starting with basically no knowledge at all. I use Logic Pro X, it's an amazing software if you have an Apple computer! 

Honestly, just watch tutorials on YouTube - start by learning piano notes, then scales/keys (music theory). Then, all you need is the software. You can start by using pre-made loops, whether it be music loops / instrument loops or drum loops. For those, Apple has their own loops library but I'd also recommend checking out Splice.com rather than using Logic's loops to get better quality.

All you need is 1 idea to get a whole production forming! And, no idea is ever bad - always hold onto them. A melody, a chord progression that you don't think is good, hold onto it, sit on it, think about it, and when the time is right you will figure it out. ;)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know! I've released a handful of Gaga remixes you can check out on my YouTube channel :)

Decodekid

Having some music knowledge like playing an instrument or knowing some music theory will definitely help you produce, but it's not necessary. I use Logic Pro X which is very friendly and easy to use. Learning how to produce takes time, but it's always fun :ally:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Archived