đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Industry plants?

bionic

Is being an industry plant a bad thing?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is being an industry plant a bad thing?

• Yes, its disingenuous
    • No, who cares

Featured Posts

CommonWhiteGirl

Doesn't really matter if they make quality content and don't fabricate their past. However, there are industry plant artists out there who are incredibly talented but they act like they worked for everything and that they came from nothing when that isn't the case at all. There's nothing that irritates me more than privileged people trying to seem like they know what struggling is. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chesescake
23 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Rosalia and Tori Kelly were planted, but never grew.

Just let you know, she's not industry plant. :triggered:

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, Frybean said:

Just let you know, she's not industry plant. :triggered:

That huge industry push she received in The US with 0 chart entries speaks otherwise

Xtina-Voice-Chair-Flip-Liberation-Tour-D

bionic
18 minutes ago, CommonWhiteGirl said:

Doesn't really matter if they make quality content and don't fabricate their past. However, there are industry plant artists out there who are incredibly talented but they act like they worked for everything and that they came from nothing when that isn't the case at all. There's nothing that irritates me more than privileged people trying to seem like they know what struggling is. 

How many times have we heard to “moved to New York/LA with just $50 and the clothes on my back” story from celebrities who have very wealthy families supporting them/wealthy families to fall back on

buy bionic

MsSilvas
15 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

That huge industry push she received in The US with 0 chart entries speaks otherwise

Xtina-Voice-Chair-Flip-Liberation-Tour-D

Rosalía was already huge in Spain before trying luck in the US

ThisGuyTony

I also see an industry plant as someone who is being pushed down people’s throats but when the promo and label push stops, they flop because they failed to build a fanbase.

Here’s some I see as industry plants:

Khalid: he had some big collabs and at one point huge Spotify playlisting. However his fan base is nonexistent and his recent singles have not done well.

Alessia Cara: remember how she would get huge radio updates but her songs were flopping on every other metric :oprah:

Tones and I: Dance Yucky was everywhere yet her social media presence is non-existent and her follow up songs are forgotten.

bionic
6 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I also see an industry plant as someone who is being pushed down people’s throats but when the promo and label push stops, they flop because they failed to build a fanbase.

Here’s some I see as industry plants:

Khalid: he had some big collabs and at one point huge Spotify playlisting. However his fan base is nonexistent and his recent singles have not done well.

Alessia Cara: remember how she would get huge radio updates but her songs were flopping on every other metric :oprah:

Tones and I: Dance Yucky was everywhere yet her social media presence is non-existent and her follow up songs are forgotten.

I mean wouldn’t Tones & I be more of a one hit wonder?

buy bionic

CommonWhiteGirl
5 hours ago, bionic said:

How many times have we heard to “moved to New York/LA with just $50 and the clothes on my back” story from celebrities who have very wealthy families supporting them/wealthy families to fall back on

Exactly, like I get that they might have been technically financially independent and they did make it on their own and I respect that, but there's a huge difference between someone who choses to be financially independent from their wealthy parents/guardians and those who are financially independent because of uncontrollable life circumstances. It's much easier to risk it all if you have your parent's money to fall back on if things don't work out. 

Archived