Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Industry plants?

bionic

Is being an industry plant a bad thing?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is being an industry plant a bad thing?

• Yes, its disingenuous
    • No, who cares

Featured Posts

Defmix100
1 hour ago, kukuryku666 said:

Most artists who are called "industry plants" had some material before becoming big

Different style, different name, then a complete change, big producers, big label and all of that

that can apply to a lot of people though like you just described Gaga

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic
Just now, Defmix100 said:

if the shoe fits :shrug: doesn't mean its a bad thing

buy bionic

js4754394o9823
37 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

I mean, i am not calling anyone that
but artists are labeled as industry plants mostly because of those things

gaga tho...
her story is completely diffrent
labels thought she was too theatrical too even work with her
she didn't change that, but made it her own thing
instead of chasing trends, she created them
was involved in everything she released, wrote songs, made videos, she even paid for her own shows
she's not a plant by any means

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Defmix100
2 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

I mean, i am not calling anyone that
but artists are labeled as industry plants mostly because of those things

gaga tho...
her story is complete diffrent
labels thought she was too theatrical too even work with her
she didn't change that, but made it her own thing
instead of chasing trends, she created them
was involved in everything she released, wrote songs, made videos, she even paid for her own shows
she's not a plant by any means

that's what I mean I think those things apply to the majority of artists regardless of if they were a plant or genuine

I guess in my mind I always thought of an industry plant the same as an industry puppet. Someone with lacklustre talent and no say in their lyrics/music or external things like product endorsements

js4754394o9823
Just now, Defmix100 said:

that's what I mean I think those things apply to the majority of artists regardless of if they were a plant or genuine

I guess in my mind I always thought of an industry plant the same as an industry puppet. Someone with lacklustre talent and no say in their lyrics/music or external things like product endorsements

it's probably my bad wording and this makes no sense anymore, but yes
they are industry puppets

there is an artist doing their own thing
label comes, changes them to something more trendy, big producers and writers make songs that are pushed in radio
and boom, a new popstar is born

that's why gaga is not a plant, she changed a bit, but by herself and to something more risky, not trendy

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

HIM820

At the end of the day, I could care less if they were planted. I think eventually it all evens out and if they are a genuine artist that deserves some recognition it will be proved in their later albums. In the end, I really have no clue how many years or attempts it took for an artist to be widely known enough for me to buy/download their music. Even if their parents are rich/connected, there has to be some form of talent for us to be talking about them. 

I also think it’s changed overtime with this topic. Before the Internet we didn’t have access to info on artists like we do now and I think it was easier for labels to pick someone and record a song to see if it stuck or mimicked someone else’s success and style. In this century I think that it is a bit harder to do, which I why I think one hit wonders aren’t really a thing anymore. 

Putang Ina Mo

For some reason, when I hear "industry plant", I always think of Jennifer Lopez. Maybe Rihanna???? But really, JLo.

my username says it all 🇵🇭

MonsterofFame

My problem with industry plants is that these artists are literally chosen to have success rather than genuinely earning it, and usually for bad reasons like beauty. Opportunities for artists who have genuine talent in music are passed while labels focus on these plants.

Also, industry plants were literally killing the music industry in the 00's. Before social media, mainstream music had become so boring, predictable, and inauthentic. Social media allowed most of today's stars to build a brand and fanbase without the approval of a major label, and it saved the industry.

HotLikeMexico
13 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

Poppy is the opposite of industry plant

Her first label didn't like her videos so she left them

Second label didn't promote her stuff at all, so she left them

And after 3 projects she finally found a good one that is doing something

It’s cause she has a video called industry plant. 

enissa11

For me it's an espectrum, like everything in this life hahaha, and i don't like industry plants because i don't like to be cheated whether or not the art is good. to me the perfect examples of industry plants i've seen are Jenifer Lopez (she built her career off the talent of black women) and most recently Billie Eilish (she was already signed before putting ocean eyes out, that soundcloud thing was bullshit)

Mad Architect of Light

enissa11
6 hours ago, HotLikeMexico said:

It’s cause she has a video called industry plant. 

hahaha and because her youtube channel was all about parodying the industry plants in a performative way

Mad Architect of Light

FentyGa
19 hours ago, Tangina said:

For some reason, when I hear "industry plant", I always think of Jennifer Lopez. Maybe Rihanna???? But really, JLo.

jlo is definitely one. she didnt sing, write, or do much, she just let her label do the creating for her

rihanna at least has a creative vision and creative control over her projects. the progression from dancehall into pop, then the good girl gone bad image change, rated r cementing that, loud showing her softer side and making her a certified hitmaker, talk that talk & unapologetic showing off her voice, etc. it’s all her vision

NYC Monster

Lorde was/is an industry plant and idk how many people know that. I remember back in 2013 when Royals came out everyone just was like "Whoa who is this and where did she come from" but she had actually been in the making for years. She was discovered in like, 2009 I believe? She would sing in school talent shows with her "band" and one day, some big shot in the music business saw her perform and decided she was the next big thing. From there on she was given vocal and songwriting lessons very young, worked with well known industry people and was being geared up for her big debut. 

I disagree about Lana being one.  Yeah her father was rich but she definitely hustled on her own to make it and performed in the same exact bars/clubs that Gaga did, sometimes even on the same nights, too. Lana was set to debut a lot sooner than she ended up, I think around 2007/2008 right after she finished College but it ended up falling through. Then of course, we all know that she digitally released AKA in early 2010 but the label couldn't fund it and it got pulled. Sometimes I wonder how successful Lana's career would be now if she had actually debuted when she was supposed to. How would 2007/2008 mainstream media react to her sound? Idk.

Definitely think Olivia Rodrigo and Madison Beer are plants.

Damon

if the content's good then why bother? idk people overthink these stuff, it's not big deal imo

... and now i just sit in silence.

Archived