vyniildisk

Will Dua peak again?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Will she?

Featured Posts

ceminay
3 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

keep your wrapped insult to yourself becuzgiphy.gif

I don’t mean to shade, I like Dua and Rihanna. Just being honest, I don’t think their stage presence or raw star power is as good as others. Their whole image and drive are amazing though and I do think Dua will be successful in the long term. She deserves it. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Karen Smith
7 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

omggg @KEVIN STEVE @Karen Smith i can't believe all this time i've been rooting for you twoo 

200w.webp

Omg girl it's only some poll, I like dua so much but at the same time I think fn won't be on the peak. Not anymore. 

So chill, I love you sis but sometimes I think you take things too seriously :wub: we don't have. We have no influence on what will happen.

ARTPOP
9 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

:triggered: Do we?

Defo! ARTPOP was iconic, except for the mismanagement part. 

COME ON GAYS!!

Chic
8 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Girl we're in the streaming era, it's almost impossible to have multiple peaks

Ariana has had multiple peaks to be fair!

anonnona

Future Nostalgia was an AMAZING album, but somehow my love for it diminished after the Moonlight Edition was released? Idk, it felt like "quantity over quality" to me. Hopefully her next album is short and sweet like the original FN

TSUNAMI

It takes hard work and dedication to do it. 

I hope she will develop and progress as Lady Gaga did. 

QueenChromatix

Future Nostalgia deserves to be her first no. 1 US album

QUEEN CHROMATIX 🌈

Sneaky Oliver

Commercially wise, I think so. Her team knows how to make things big and milk the hell out of every project. 

Creatively wise, that’s very subjective. Some people may argue that Gaga has never topped TFM and she did for me and many others.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

youandi

I think creatively yeah, the joy people have with this album will push her to make bigger and better sounding albums I’m sure 

Who knows commercially with the music industry changing all the time 

littlepotter

At this point in her career it's a bit too early to tell. I just hope she gives us more substance with her next album. I couldn't listen to FN past the first few weeks because there was nothing more it could offer me, she has a lot of style, she puts on a pretty show, but there's not much to dig my teeth into beyond that.

chaeri pls

VasilisVas

I think she might end up like Katy Perry. Another successful era or two and when people get tired of her they’ll move on to someone else. 

ELECTROHEART

At this point FN era will last all her career :billie:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

vyniildisk
27 minutes ago, Ikonik said:

At this point FN era will last all her career :billie:

ariana grande and what about it GIF

I think she will, but it all depends what her next era sounds like and when she starts it. To really capitalize off FN, she should start the rollout for DL3 no more than a year-year and a half from now. If the album is quality, regardless of whether she sticks with FN's sound or pushes her boundaries, it will smash, and probably perform better commercially than FN did, just because she's in a far different position now. But this won't last forever – the benefits of the FN era will diminish the farther away we get from it, so she's better off releasing sooner than later, Ariana/Taylor/Bad Bunny-style.

What will really tell whether she'll have genuine longevity, or go the way of one-big-era artists like Nelly Furtado or Fergie or Ciara, is how her fourth album does. DL3 can be subpar and still yield a couple of default hits. Audiences won't turn out for DL4, though, if she boofs it too badly.

Based off her switchup from her debut and FN, though, I think Dua has what it takes to go far. I've always felt she's occupying the MPG-role that Katy used to have – non-offensive dark-haired popstar that has broad appeal across the board because she's not particularly threatening.

Beatsss

Not sure whether she'll out-peak FN.. But I think there's one thing she's proven and that's that she's here to stay...I can't remember anyone after Ari I guess who's had her second album be that much bigger than the first one..

Archived