life

“G.U.Y. — An ARTPOP Film” turns 7

The Z

Featured Posts

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WORLDofGAGA

Can’t believe it’s been 7 years! I actually create a 3D art piece inspired by the opening scene, inspired by the wings the bomb crater and the message of the song. My favourite scenes are the white room with the flowers and the last dancing scene, so good! :firega:

@W0RLDofGAGA

Clayton
3 hours ago, pussycat said:

I felt like no one cared at the time except us and that made me sad tbh

I remember feeling the same way and thinking, "this is her best music video ever, how does nobody seem to appreciate it?... little did we know that not even a year later they'd be fawning over her Sound of Music performance. :heart:

Bolkins

Can’t believe it’s been 7 years and still the mystery remains, why did Carlton get a cameo and not Brandi? 

TheFame Monster
4 hours ago, Clayton said:

SEVEN years :messga: I remember it as if it were yesterday. 

The Dateline premiere:cryga:

I had never been so hyped for a music video in my life

Agunimon

This music video could have been so good -- the beginning with her as a fallen angel and the executives and money cuts so deep and resonates so well, but it's the inclusion of all of the bravo celebrities that really doesn't sit with me and takes me out of it. The end is great too.

HausOfAntonio

I’ve said this once and I’ll say it to my grave - this video is the pinnacle of human creative achievement. The best piece of visual media ever made. Unparalleled to this day and forevermore. 

HausOfAntonio
1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

This music video could have been so good -- the beginning with her as a fallen angel and the executives and money cuts so deep and resonates so well, but it's the inclusion of all of the bravo celebrities that really doesn't sit with me and takes me out of it. The end is great too.

Thats whats excellent about it though. It doesn’t try to hide behind a facade of high brow art because it knows thats a fallacy in itself. It embraces the hypercommercial nature of pop and elevates it to a place where it becomes self reflexively critical. The pinnacle of ARTPOP. There is no art if there is no pop, because the categories we associate with art automatically renegade pop to a low brow status. And pop music will NEVER BE low brow :firega:

Greg August

one of her best!

i was in shock the first time i watched the video! it was an awesome representation of her life at the time... the industry men fighting for money and leaving her on the ground... how she rised as the phoenix and slayed as always! it made me feel so proud of her!

seven year later i'm still in love with it! it doesn't matter anymore if charts ignored this masterpiece, this is what art sounds and looks like :legend:

Battle 4 Ur Life

I had a semi stroke when the bridge dropped. video took my breath away.

Zach Campbell reacting to this video is literally the same as mine.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

The Child
7 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Well, it's only a matter of taste, but I would say that Born This Way is louder than ARTPOP

Born This Way is loud in a good way.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived