đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Should Gaga start using her real name for acting?

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

YourEvilTwin

Although Gaga has certainly made a name for herself as an actress, "Lady Gaga" is just such a limiting name for a serious actress.

Imagine if she ever stars in a film like Nomadland. Imagine the trailer being played in an arthouse theatre before some Palme d'Or winner, when the name "Lady Gaga" suddenly pops up inbetween all the rawness and grittiness. The audience would probably laugh their asses off.

That is, if anyone is even willing to take chance on "Lady Gaga" for a film like that.

It's a fine name for glossy studio films like ASIB and Gucci, but I imagine Gaga would want to stretch herself beyond that at some point. She's never been one to stick to what simply works after all.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

Well there's an Oscar with the name "Lady Gaga" on it so it's a pretty serious name now. 

henry cavill GIF

gagaisitalian

If it's so limiting then why has she already landed two prestigious dramatic roles?

Regina George

Same thread every single movie role she got :huntyga: I don’t see a point in that. She is Lady Gaga, “rebranding” would do nothing and it is really unnecessary. Also I am pretty sure people take her and her stage name aka Lady Gaga pretty seriously!

funkyhaus

Going by Stefani would be like when Marina dropped “And The Diamonds”.

Lady Gaga is iconic :vegas:

NFRatwell

So she can be seen as a serious singer with the name Lady Gaga but not a serious actress? 

Aglaya

I still remember all the rumours that she was going to be called Stefani when ASIB came out :sweat: I don’t know why she would do that, I mean, she gained so much respect as an artist in the last few years, so I don’t get why would she start avoiding being called Lady Gaga. Everyone knows her as Gaga. Calling herself Stefani at this point of her career would be really confusing imo.

could mean anything

thierryrreiht

A movie, like an album, is an artistic project for her. Lady Gaga is her artist name.

She's keeping "Stefani" for her private live, family, friends, and official documents.

Runway

That’s not a good enough reason to change her name.

fun fact: a movie audience laughed at Cher when her name appeared on the credits of her movie Silkwood. She won the Oscar for Best Actress 3 years later in 1988

AJRocketMan

Yeah. Ludacris and The Rock use their real names for acting roles, why not Gaga? Lady Gaga makes me think of music, using it for acting is silly. Also, I don’t see acting to be as serious of an art form as music is, unless it’s voice acting.

Bonkers

I feel like Lady Gaga has become a regular name.  For the minority who still think of her as that crazy pop girl, it's still fun to see the "THAT'S Lady Gaga?!? :cryga:" reactions.  

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Mother of Puppies

I have thought about this and I then went like: No, it's not necessary unless she wants to...

Lady Gaga - that name is epic and I think nobody has a cooler and better "artist name" than her! It's pure genius and everyone could remember it in an instant!

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

PunkTheFunk

I don't think it matters. Gaga has been around for more than a decade so she is a household name at this point.

What about the comedian Awkafina (real name Norma Lum)? She recently won critical acclaim for an acting role and no one made a fuss.

Archived