💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Should Gaga start using her real name for acting?

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

Smithy
10 hours ago, Aglaya said:

I still remember all the rumours that she was going to be called Stefani when ASIB came out :sweat: I don’t know why she would do that, I mean, she gained so much respect as an artist in the last few years, so I don’t get why would she start avoiding being called Lady Gaga. Everyone knows her as Gaga. Calling herself Stefani at this point of her career would be really confusing imo.

I think it was originally the plan to use Stefani, during table reads her name card said stefani and not LG

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bolkins

Part of me feels that if she was to try and market herself as anything other than Lady Gaga it would be damaging. Like to decide that she must use her ‘real name’ to be taken seriously is like admitting you shouldn’t take Lady Gaga seriously. There is a degree of integrity that could be lost and I think she is alllllllll about integrity. If the project she’s working on aren’t super hyped to have Gaga on board they should probably look else where. 

evgenigerm2
11 hours ago, Aglaya said:

I still remember all the rumours that she was going to be called Stefani when ASIB came out :sweat: I don’t know why she would do that, I mean, she gained so much respect as an artist in the last few years, so I don’t get why would she start avoiding being called Lady Gaga. Everyone knows her as Gaga. Calling herself Stefani at this point of her career would be really confusing imo.

she was labeled "Stefani Germanotta" during table readings tho

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

HEARTSTOP
44 minutes ago, evgenigerm2 said:

she was labeled "Stefani Germanotta" during table readings tho

But table readings aren't public events, I believe she uses her real name with people she feels comfortable with, or that she wants to make comfortable around her, like her friends, family, and work colleagues.

IDGAF

Franch Toast
2 hours ago, Bolkins said:

Part of me feels that if she was to try and market herself as anything other than Lady Gaga it would be damaging. Like to decide that she must use her ‘real name’ to be taken seriously is like admitting you shouldn’t take Lady Gaga seriously. There is a degree of integrity that could be lost and I think she is alllllllll about integrity. If the project she’s working on aren’t super hyped to have Gaga on board they should probably look else where. 

I mean, she could be like Donald Glover & Childish Gambino and use one name for acting, and another for singing, but now that she was billed as Lady Gaga in AHS and ASIB, I think it's kind of too late for that divide. "Stefani Germanotta" is unknown to the general public. 

She/Her/Hers

SpadesToStart

I don’t think there’s a point. Gaga has been around long enough and has reached a point of cultural penetration that the GP doesn’t have the same reaction to the name “Lady Gaga” that they once did. It’s inherently a somewhat silly name, but for most people it’s now synonymous with artistry and talent.

danbekim

no one would know who she is if the poster said "Stefani Germanotta" instead of "Lady Gaga"

If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!

Anderson123
9 minutes ago, SpadesToStart said:

I don’t think there’s a point. Gaga has been around long enough and has reached a point of cultural penetration that the GP doesn’t have the same reaction to the name “Lady Gaga” that they once did. It’s inherently a somewhat silly name, but for most people it’s now synonymous with artistry and talent.

Cultural penetration.

1502_pepelaugh.gif

monketsharona

Hell no. She made Lady Gaga a big name in TV and movies thanks to AHS and ASIB. 

Awakened M
15 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

Well there's an Oscar with the name "Lady Gaga" on it so it's a pretty serious name now. 

henry cavill GIF

I need that man.:heat:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

AshIey

I would think movie studios would prefer she use Lady Gaga because it brings more attention to the film?

Lady Gaga is her stage name, so no, she has no reason to go by her real name.

Its not uncommon for actors or celebrities to have stage names: Marilyn Monroe, John Legend, Whoopi Goldberg, Madonna, Rihanna...

Archived