question

ARTPOP App

venuspop

Featured Posts

Anderson123
3 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Rip Chromatica TV

3 minutes ago, venuspop said:

for real, it was such an interesting idea and really wish it had gone the way it was supposed to, especially the unreleased tracks :neyde:

RIP both projects. Both albums had so much potential but seems like Gaga can't catch a break and do an album rollout the way she intended. Joanne was so lucky, wish Chromatica got that momentum instead.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

There was a lot planned for the app that never happened. It was initially released unfinished which was a bad start, and it had a countdown timer for the next sections of the app to be unlocked when they were completed, but when the ARTPOP era didn't go as planned they pulled funding from the app. 

Basically when you opened the app Petga (the virtual host of the app, who we think was reimagined as Enigma at the Vegas residency) would guide you through setup and create an 'aura' which was supposed to be a personalised kind of... representation of you, and was supposed to help connect you with people with similar auras.

It had a GIF making section when it first released, but it was pretty basic and very odd... so it kind of became a joke in some circles (but it was kinda fun tbh). And there was a section where you could play the album on a virtual record player.

The sections that were never finished were Trakstar and GagaTV...

Trackstar was supposed to be a music making app like Garage Band, and was going to give us every stem from every song on ARTPOP, so we could use them to create original music inspired by ARTPOP. Which tbh is an amazing idea.

GagaTV was supposed to be a place for Gaga to hold regular livestreams and chat with us and give us life updates (this was before livestreaming was common on apps like Instagram so it was really ahead of it's time). She really wanted to connect with us back in this time and I remember her saying she even wanted to go on there daily :smh:

Basically the timers counted down to 0 and nothing happened, fans were extremely disappointed. Then they soon started up again... a few  months later after much anticipation, they timed out to 0 again and nothing happened and it was clear the ideas were abandoned... :selena:  she got a lot of backlash for that back in the day

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

js4754394o9823
3 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

RIP both projects. Both albums had so much potential but seems like Gaga can't catch a break and do an album rollout the way she intended. Joanne was so lucky, wish Chromatica got that momentum instead.

Joanne wasn't THAT lucky tho

She couldn't finish the tour and if I remember correctly she cancelled Dive Bar 2.0 with new music

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

venuspop
3 minutes ago, Helxig said:

There was a lot planned for the app that never happened. It was initially released unfinished which was a bad start, and it had a countdown timer for the next sections of the app to be unlocked when they were completed, but when the ARTPOP era didn't go as planned they pulled funding from the app. 

Basically when you opened the app Petga (the virtual host of the app, who we think was reimagined as Enigma at the Vegas residency) would guide you through setup and create and 'aura' which was supposed to be a personalised kind of... representation of you, and was supposed to help connect you with people with similar auras.

It had a GIF making section when it first released, but it was pretty basic and very odd... so it kind of became a joke. And there was a section where you could play the album on a virtual record player.

Trackstar was supposed to be a music making app like Garage Band, and was going to give us every stem from every song on ARTPOP, so we could use them to create original music inspired by ARTPOP. Which tbh is an amazing idea,

GagaTV was supposed to be a place for Gaga to hold regular livestreams and chat with us and give us life updates (this was before livestreaming was common on apps like Instagram so it was really ahead of it's time). She really wanted to connect with us back in this time and I remember her saying she even wanted to go on there daily :smh:

Basically the timers counted down to 0 and nothing happened, fans were extremely disappointed. Then they soon started up again... a few  months later after much anticipation, they timed out to 0 again and nothing happened and it was clear the ideas were abandoned... :selena:  she got a lot of backlash for that back in the day

omg.. the wasted potential especially with Trakstar, gaga invented live streaming I could not believe it :saladga:

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

Anderson123
3 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Basically when you opened the app Petga (the virtual host of the app, who we think was reimagined as Enigma at the Vegas residency) would guide you through setup and create an 'aura' which was supposed to be a personalised kind of... representation of you, and was supposed to help connect you with people with similar auras.

It had a GIF making section when it first released, but it was pretty basic and very odd... so it kind of became a joke. And there was a section where you could play the album on a virtual record player.

Trackstar was supposed to be a music making app like Garage Band, and was going to give us every stem from every song on ARTPOP, so we could use them to create original music inspired by ARTPOP. Which tbh is an amazing idea,

I feel bad for her because I know she worked really hard on it and she wanted to do all of these things for us but the mess with her management and all of that just completely ruined everything, she had to abandon pretty much the whole project even when they gave her a bigger budget than Born This Way so it was a huge loss as well. Just glad to see things have gotten better and she's in a much better place mentally and physically speaking.

Helxig
6 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Chromatica really is ARTPOP's sister album. Remember how ARTPOP was explained as "my pain exploding in electronic music"? 

President Biden
18 minutes ago, snksq said:

It also had a chat feature :heart:

DOZHP13W4AAiUKg.jpg

“I’m blinde” is the prelude to “She’s meditating guys. She’s died.”

I got drunk

venuspop
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

Chromatica really is ARTPOP's sister album. Remember how ARTPOP was explained as "my pain exploding in electronic music"? 

didn't DJWS say in a tweet something along the lines of "ARTPOP I introduce you to your young sister" :trollga:

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

Helxig

2 minutes ago, venuspop said:

omg.. the wasted potential especially with Trakstar, gaga invented live streaming I could not believe it :saladga:

Pretty much. She was so ahead of her time and it just didn't work out.

1 minute ago, Anderson123 said:

I feel bad for her because I know she worked really hard on it and she wanted to do all of these things for us but the mess with her management and all of that just completely ruined everything, she had to abandon pretty much the whole project even when they gave her a bigger budget than Born This Way so it was a huge loss as well. Just glad to see things have gotten better and she's in a much better place mentally and physically speaking.

It was a really sad time to be a fan tbh. If everyone is upset about Chromatica not reaching it's full potential, you should've tried living through the ARTPOP rollout days   veteran stans know the pain

Just now, venuspop said:

didn't DJWS say in a tweet something along the lines of "ARTPOP I introduce you to your young sister" :trollga:

Idk but it makes sense if he did!

Anderson123
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

I explained this in another thread about which albums were our favorites and I mentioned that listening to Chromatica made me appreciate ARTPOP because of the lyrics, the colors, the sound. One is modern and futuristic, the other is 90's but in the end they feel like a yin and yang and they're about Gaga's pain and healing.

2 minutes ago, venuspop said:

That was way before she started working with the producers that made the final cut. I think she called it that because it was DJWS as the executive producer but she just changed her mind. I don't think the Chromatica we have today is anything like the LG6 she started with him.

Alannah

And we thought the introduction to the ARTPOP era felt like forever. I remember seeing the announcement for Applause and the album drop while I was in Disney World and trying not to scream my best friend and her family awake. :laughga: Those were the days. 

That app was cute. I remember seeing the countdown hit zero while I was in my sophomore apartment and trying not to scream everyone in Chicago awake from rage. :fthis:

JustTea
21 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Trackstar was supposed to be a music making app like Garage Band, and was going to give us every stem from every song on ARTPOP, so we could use them to create original music inspired by ARTPOP. Which tbh is an amazing idea.

:nooo: So we never got DWUW stems... :deadbanana:

Sad Am Fine GIF by MOODMAN

Tinnitus15
1 hour ago, snksq said:

It also had a chat feature :heart:

DOZHP13W4AAiUKg.jpg

Queen of chatting...Still can’t get over it :air:

Ouranos
2 hours ago, Hew said:

I lowkey still have the app on my Ipad Mini. Can never hard reset the tablet because I don't want to loose it lol

Same but my iPad broke 😔

TimisaMonster

It was also supposed to allow fans to create mini sculptures and somehow were able to order them and have them shipped to you :koons:

We were supposed to get stems to all the songs and make our own versions...plus unreleased tracks 

there was gonna be an ARTPOP magazine to showcase fashion, interviews, fan stories, etc

Ugh...it was gonna be a better littlemonsters.com but Troy business got messy behind the scenes so yeah...

Then ChromaticaTV happened and the same thing...we can never win 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived