Featured Posts

M i K E Y

It must’ve been so exciting back then ugh I wish I was a stan back then 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venuspop
14 hours ago, dopega said:

I'd like to add that the app was also supposed to feature ”Gaga inspired games”.

No idea what they would have been like but the only thing I can think of is a flappy bird copy with :derpga: slapped on it

omg this app was literally going to be everything and it didn't come to fruition :messga:

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

• 4 weeks later...
esthtiques

Hi! Who can share an .ipa file of this app for iOS? I can't find this app anywhere :(

Maybe someone has a jailbroken device with this app :)

CheapGin

If my memory serves me correctly, sometime in 2012 Gaga announced that the app would include a music video for every song. She described the app as a “jewel box” for the album, which is an old way to describe a CD case. It seemed the app was planned to make the album a complete digital and visual package that included experimental elements for fans to participate! The gif making section was strange and I never quite figured it out, but it was just a cool 3D interface that was kind of fun to play around in tbh!! I still think the app is downloaded on the iPad mini I had in high school because I refused to delete it even though it eventually just crashed upon opening :rip:

All of what you see in this thread is part of the reason why this album had a “flop” reputation—there were big public plans that never panned out. John Mayer publicly praised her for shelving Act II when the album didn’t pan out as planned...that’s not completely relevant but this app had a lot of potential! Very innovative in theory, and Gaga seemed to have the visual album idea before BeyoncĂ© made it her staple. No one can ever  claim again that this was ARTflop or had no impact, no matter what ultimately panned out with this ambitious app!!!

venuspop

not my thread on the ARTPOP app having it's own ARTPOP revival moment :enigma:

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

sillynate

I hold the few memories with the app so so dear to my heart :bradley: 

here’s to ChromaticaTV :vegas: maybe they can launch that and release what they can (because of covid) for Chromatica on there and then the ARTPOP revival can also thrive there because of the parallels between ARTPOP and Chromatica :hug:

Tinnitus15
5 minutes ago, sillynate said:

I hold the few memories with the app so so dear to my heart :bradley: 

here’s to ChromaticaTV :vegas: maybe they can launch that and release what they can (because of covid) for Chromatica on there and then the ARTPOP revival can also thrive there because of the parallels between ARTPOP and Chromatica :hug:

You know Chromatica tv is the new ARTPOP app 

sillynate
2 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

You know Chromatica tv is the new ARTPOP app 

Pre covid CTV was gonna be what ARTPOP app wasn’t. Now they’re the same :bradley: memories of what could’ve been :bradley:

littlepotter
On 3/20/2021 at 5:55 AM, Helxig said:

There was a lot planned for the app that never happened. It was initially released unfinished which was a bad start, and it had a countdown timer for the next sections of the app to be unlocked when they were completed, but when the ARTPOP era didn't go as planned they pulled funding from the app. 

Basically when you opened the app Petga (the virtual host of the app, who we think was reimagined as Enigma at the Vegas residency) would guide you through setup and create an 'aura' which was supposed to be a personalised kind of... representation of you, and was supposed to help connect you with people with similar auras.

It had a GIF making section when it first released, but it was pretty basic and very odd... so it kind of became a joke in some circles (but it was kinda fun tbh). And there was a section where you could play the album on a virtual record player.

The sections that were never finished were Trakstar and GagaTV...

Trackstar was supposed to be a music making app like Garage Band, and was going to give us every stem from every song on ARTPOP, so we could use them to create original music inspired by ARTPOP. Which tbh is an amazing idea.

GagaTV was supposed to be a place for Gaga to hold regular livestreams and chat with us and give us life updates (this was before livestreaming was common on apps like Instagram so it was really ahead of it's time). She really wanted to connect with us back in this time and I remember her saying she even wanted to go on there daily :smh:

Basically the timers counted down to 0 and nothing happened, fans were extremely disappointed. Then they soon started up again... a few  months later after much anticipation, they timed out to 0 again and nothing happened and it was clear the ideas were abandoned... :selena:  she got a lot of backlash for that back in the day

And she had the nerve to post this

:smh: 

chaeri pls

Tinnitus15
On 3/20/2021 at 6:03 AM, venuspop said:

didn't DJWS say in a tweet something along the lines of "ARTPOP I introduce you to your young sister" :trollga:

Yeah and he answered some fans comments  that he worked with her for LG6 and Chromatica was supposed to be ARTPOP’s little sister,but she changed direction 

Tinnitus15

At least back in the days the die-hard stans( I wish I was there too) knew what ARTPOP app was gonna be...Meanwhile Chromatica tv was just a short end in her Chromatica’s promo videos and we only know “STAY TUNED”

Daenerys

Also the way your profile (or aura) was created was so iconic. It had SOOOO much potential to be a great app for fans. I remember watching the countdown on it religiously even when the count restarted. 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

sillynate
43 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Also the way your profile (or aura) was created was so iconic. It had SOOOO much potential to be a great app for fans. I remember watching the countdown on it religiously even when the count restarted. 

For me (and I assume for all users) right after Petga asked “I need to access your location. Is that okay?” that “allow app to access your location” notification came up :bradley: so innovative so unique so creative

Helxig
2 hours ago, littlepotter said:

And she had the nerve to post this

:smh: 

Oof I  forgot about this, but in hindsight I see it coming from a place of pain from her. More of like a "we couldn't get it together in time, I'm sorry, please don't get your hopes up, I still love you" 

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

littlepotter
2 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Oof I  forgot about this, but in hindsight I see it coming from a place of pain from her. More of like a "we couldn't get it together in time, I'm sorry, please don't get your hopes up, I still love you" 

Still kind of... unusually careless of her to mention this only 4 hours before the countdown ends. They had months to cancel it. I was so disappointed that day :noparty:

chaeri pls

Archived