💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga: Perhaps NO collabs on ARTPOP, album is more personal

Americano

Featured Posts

imasugarush

Good Collaborations do not prohibit an artist from being taken seriously. The fact that so many people here seem to think collabs are a sign of weakness is kind of twisted in my opinion.

To clarify, I do not consider collaborations a sign of weakness. Sorry if you misunderstood.

I agree^, and at the same time I feel there is a huge difference between the outcome of a collaboration and a feature [feature being what I was discussing in my original post, as I would argue on her albums so far she has only had features]. In mainstream dance music it can obv be hard to be taken as a serious artist in general rather than just a pop star... Also, by 'taken seriously', I am not talking about being taken seriously for making good music, but about being respected as someone who makes art. Intentional or not hype can override or sometimes appear very gimicky and filler-y, and seeing as the mainstream world is very fickle and face-value sometimes it can unfortunately take going solo to be taken seriously for their work alone and respected as an artist on their album.

I am simply discussing how I view the reasons of Gaga's choice. I am certainly not opposed to feats/collabs/whatever and Gaga doing whatever the **** she wants. As 4twistedshadows just said ^ it's also just alot about not sharing the spotlight so to speak.. her album being considered hers as a whole.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GlitterMonsterbtw

I'm VERY excited to hear that it's more personal than she thought it would be.

mte. personal album >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i would MUCH rather it be a more personal album than have any collabs.

Well I hope the album is going to be amazing! I'm sure it will, even without collaborations (though I was hoping for the Azealia collab to appear on ARTPOP).

Dangerous Man

well... she can do collabs during remixes like what katy and rihanna did .. :troll:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Archived