💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Best LGBTQIA movie?

Aphasic

Featured Posts

spector
16 minutes ago, Deme said:

If you could only watch one for the rest of your life which one of those 2 would it be? 

beautiful thing :nooo:

stella + elliot = stelliot

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CautiousLurker

Eating_Out_2_Sloppy_Second_DVD.jpg

The only correct answer :firega:

It also has the most iconic line ever written :vegas:

3f7a01b0a70bc10f52bcabff8d31e364.png

32 minutes ago, Deme said:

Check out 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiJi0T421m7cS7jh4ICh9

OMG! That movie was so good! đŸ˜­đŸ˜­â€ïž I’ll watch it again. 

HausofGabo

I don't know if THE best, but I loved this one from my country.

Una_mujer_fant_stica-194223963-mmed.jpg

imnotyourbabe10

Anything by John Waters is essential queer, camp cinema, imho.

Otherwise, I've really enjoyed: Angels in America; Beginners; The Birdcage; Boys Don't Cry; Brokeback Mountain; Call Me By Your Name; Cruising (hella campy lol); Hedwig and the Angry Inch; Longtime Companion; Pride; Rocky Horror; A Single Man; To Wong Foo; Weekend.

My Beautiful Laundrette (gif below) and A Single Man stand out perhaps most for me.

xGG-rGJiSeJhu1p1KOkfZ594fUspZo_yZ_nkZYAf

Next on my list to watch is "Stranger By the Lake"

Have never been able to find an LGBTQ+ film that captures my personal experience in the community -- but those above really are well-done films, imho. The book version of Call Me By Your Name moved me the most

Shout out to Nightmare on Elm Street 2.  Very queer undertones for a horror film!

JusKeepBreathin

I loved Maurice. It's a beautiful movie. 

"Burnt Money" is great it's a gay Bonnie and Clyde based on a true story set in the 60's.

Also Pedro Almadovar's "Bad Education" is excellent.

There is also "Come Undone" which I love. 

And "Latter Days" is excellent 

"A Soldier's Girl" is so heart breaking. 

And of course the classic "Trick"

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Regina George

Every LGBTQ movie I watched had sad ending BUT this one is a whole different story. It is so cute and it has happy ending.

My favorite for sure:

MV5BMTQ5NjYxODk2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTgy

androiduser
1 hour ago, Deme said:

I recently watched the movie Maurice with Hugh Grant and oh Lord! It's a beautiful beautiful movie. It's a time period movie that I highly recommend for those who are fans of LGBTQIA theme movies.

Definitely one of the most beautiful love stories in general.... it was based on the novel Maurice by E. M. Forster (written in 1971 but published after the author's death). It was directed/produced by Merchant & Ivory (real life partners) who made some of the most famous period dramas. James Ivory later won the Oscar for writing the screenplay for Call Me By Your Name.

js4754394o9823

ive only seen two types of gay movies
cringey or depressive

and i dont really like any of the two

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Magic Mike

milk-poster021.jpg?w=58451HbF7FU 0L._AC_SX385_.jpg

vnNuRapflJUAOEyvORQLzIwAm-ZeQaJszp_Lvr6Z ee0e21722c3a8e6053f675d32d4de2df.jpg

A1hutzniB0L._SL1500_.jpgfilmon4211.jpg?1548344605

6d259f7cf298ad2873fe6d7e426cf021d7d050f90b4952f2a4ecfbe7ff2ee2c5._RI_V_TTW_.jpgMV5BMzU5MTk4MjQ2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDU0MzEwMw@@._V1_.jpg

fox-and-his-friends-vintage-movie-poster-original-german-a1-23x33.jpg?v=1577740042e2450ba0e6ac609bcd70521d328481ad.jpg

I'm also leaving you with one of the greatest of all time, a silent trangressive short movie... by master queer writer/poet Jean Genet! 

Genet or Fassbinder were one of a kind. They understood their queerness as a political way of going beyond the law, the tradition, the bourgeoisie... Not like the politically correct kind of films that constantly put LGBT people as victims. Films like Call me by your name (no chemistry at all between those straight morons) or Gods own country, make me want to vomit :)

Archived