Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

The Falcon And The Winter Soldier (Every Friday, Out Now!)

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Lumiere

I'm rewatching the trailers and omg I'm so excited for the shield-throwing scene of Sam and Bucky. I think it's gonna happen next episode.

and wow we only have 2 episodes left :noparty:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weed

Is the show very masc 4 masc? I literally haven’t watched a show with no female lead except drag race maybe ever :air: otherwise I’ll watch it, my dad got Disney+ lol 

Lumiere
On 4/10/2021 at 2:01 AM, weed said:

Is the show very masc 4 masc? I literally haven’t watched a show with no female lead except drag race maybe ever :air: otherwise I’ll watch it, my dad got Disney+ lol 

What do you mean? :laughga: If you mean action, guns, explosions then yes it is. No magic like in WandaVision.

RAMROD

The best episode so far hands down :applause:

Love the broship scenes :applause:

Love the fight and everything else in between :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Reality

This episode reminded me so much of the first one. It was light on action, but I loved the more intimate character scenes. Definitely one of the best episodes so far!

🃏🖤👹

RAMROD

Also the cameo this episode is a nice surprise :flower:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LG2008

I'm really enjoying this series!!! :firega: And I loved that cameo... I hope we can see her in Black Widow, too :flutter:

Perezchristian
31 minutes ago, LG2008 said:

I'm really enjoying this series!!! :firega: And I loved that cameo... I hope we can see her in Black Widow, too :flutter:

I think she was supposed to appear first in black widow 

Lumiere

I wasn't as excited for this as I was for WandaVision but TFATWS did NOT disappoint. I love the action scenes, cinematography, and the socio-political commentary.

Reality

While I love the series as a whole, to be honest, the finale was lackluster. I feel like it had the same problem's WandaVision's finale had, but amplified even more.

*** Spoilers for the finale/season upcoming by the way ***

Sharon's reveal as the Power Broker:

Spoiler

I actually don't dislike this decision as much as some other people do. I know a ton of people hate the characterization of Sharon in this series, but I don't mind it. I think it makes sense. She's been on the run for like 7-8 years (ever since Civil War), so her changing so drastically isn't a mind-boggling thing to accept. 

So while the characterization isn't the problem, for me, I think it's the lack of understanding her motivations which is what's problematic. So okay, she's the Power Broker, fine, but give me more than just a couple of throwaway lines in the finale. A flashback would've been great to see.

There are some people saying that she could be a skrull, and to me, I just think that's a bit of a stretch. Let's not get Mephisto-ed again. IMO, I think people are just coming up with that theory because they don't like Sharon Carter's transition.

Karli & the Flagsmashers:

Spoiler

I'm probably in the minority that actually likes the Flagsmashers. I think they're interesting because they had good motivations, but terrible actions. It makes you kind of understand them, but also condemn them for their actions. That said, I was not a fan of them this episode, particularly Karli.

The biggest offense with her character, IMO, is the way they handled her death and the way that Sam reacted. I hated it. Like, one second she's literally beating up Sam and saying, "FIGHT ME! FIGHT BACK!", but then the next second she's saying "I'm sorry"?? That's a weird way for her to go out. Also, I'm not a fan of the reverence and the almost "holiness" they put on her with Sam carrying her body. Like, I get that Sam wanted to fix her and help her, but..she was also a terrorist and she was literally about to kill dozens of people. It's like the show wanted you to feel bad, but I didn't feel bad at all.

John Walker's "redemption":

Spoiler

Like with the Flagsmashers, I liked Walker in this series because he was an interesting character, but I looooathe what they did with him in this episode. Again, I'm probably in the minority, but I haaaate that they gave him a redemption arc/moment. It makes no sense.

The last time we saw John with Sam and Bucky he was literally about to kill them and they broke his f*cking arm to get the shield back. Now he's back and all of a sudden he and Bucky are having quips back and forth? It makes no sense. They built his character up to be less and less redeemable as the show went on, but it's like they threw out all that character development in the last episode. 

Also, okay, fine, if you want to give him a redemption arc, do it. But at least go through with it. I hate the decision to try and redeem him, but at least if you're going to do that, stick with it and roll with it. 20 minutes later into the episode, he's with Val and now he's joining her to be a part of her evil organization! It's like he learned absolutely nothing. In episode 5, he gave that amazing, powerful speech to that senator about how "You built me," "You created me," "You contributed to me becoming a weapon," "I was only following your rules and mandates that were handed to me by the government," etc. That was amazing stuff, and then he turns around, has this "hero moment," but then goes back to the thing he hated! Now he's just a pawn for Val instead of becoming a pawn for the US government, and he's willingly accepting that role.

Sam's journey:

Spoiler

If this finale had to do one thing right, it was getting Sam's journey right, and I think they nailed that. His arc of having the confidence to become Captain America was easily one of the best things about this show. He earned the title and he did the work, which was amazing to see. I love his interactions with Isaiah Bradley too. Speaking of, I really do think all the moments with Isaiah were the best parts of the show. The amazing social and political commentary there was great to see. And look, Marvel didn't hold back. They spoke a lot of pretty definitive things, and I'm glad they did. These are the kinds of conversations that should be reflected in a show about a Black man taking up the mantle of "Captain America," especially in these times.

I also liked his monologue near the end. I did think some parts of it didn't make sense (i.e., "don't call Karli a terrorist"...even though she is and it's not like her actions can't go unpunished or without consequences), but overall, I loved his messaging. The whole series was leading up to that kind of a moment, and for the most part, I thought it worked very effectively.

Bucky's journey:

Spoiler

I liked Bucky's journey and struggle throughout the series; however, in the finale, I felt like it was underserviced. The whole Nakajima scene should've been longer. They did such a great job setting that up in the first episode, but then it wasn't paid off well in the finale. That said, I think Bucky went through a really incredible journey, not only amending for his wrongs, but also coming to accept Sam as the new Captain America. 

Like Vision in WandaVision, this wasn't really his show, and I'm fine with that. I feel like his character was good, and at the end of the day, this series made me care for these two title characters more than any movie has.

Compared to WandaVision:

Spoiler

I'm really only doing this because I love WandaVision so much and I think it's interesting to compare both series. 

They're both insanely different, but I love that. I love that one series is this weird, psychological, sitcom-y type of show about grief, trauma, witchcraft, etc. while this other show is this more grounded, spy/action-oriented, political type of show with topics of racism, social justice, etc. They're both unique in their own ways and I think that is the strengths of both shows.

Overall, I would say that I still enjoyed WandaVision more, but that's mainly because WandaVision was more of my style with more characters that I like; however, FATWS was amazing too. The highlight of FATWS was definitely the political and social commentary, and going into this series, that's what I was the most excited about.

The finale, in both shows, I felt like dipped off, but I still enjoyed them both. I did like WandaVision's a bit better, but both surprisingly had a lot of similar faults.  

🃏🖤👹

River
2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Sharon's reveal as the Power Broker:

Spoiler

it's a skrull :awesome:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Reality
Just now, River said:
  Reveal hidden contents

it's a skrull :awesome:

Spoiler

I mean, it'd make more sense for a lot of people, especially since they have Secret Invasion along the way, but I doubt it :sweat:

They would've at the very least revealed it in the post-credit scene. 

🃏🖤👹

River
10 minutes ago, Reality said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I mean, it'd make more sense for a lot of people, especially since they have Secret Invasion along the way, but I doubt it :sweat:

They would've at the very least revealed it in the post-credit scene. 

Spoiler

why to reveal a "secret" so soon :awesome:

the time between the blip and the time between becoming or remaining the Broker makes no sense to the real Sharon, she can't do this huge operation while being gone for 5 years and  being exist again for like what 2-3 months?
She was blipped and came back, no real or fake criminal organization would just sit and wait for their leader to come back, they just move on.
Also we don't know if she went to the hospital or on, which is a simple but might be important.

Reality
4 minutes ago, River said:
  Hide contents

why to reveal a "secret" so soon :awesome:

the time between the blip and the time between becoming or remaining the Broker makes no sense to the real Sharon, she can't do this huge operation while being gone for 5 years and  being exist again for like what 2-3 months?
She was blipped and came back, no real or fake criminal organization would just sit and wait for their leader to come back, they just move on.
Also we don't know if she went to the hospital or on, which is a simple but might be important.

Spoiler

Maybe?? But everyime someone was impersonating as a Skrull, it was revealed in the end. It happened in FFH and WandaVision, why not here as well? I mean, if they reveal her as a Skrull later on, fine, I won't be too surprised, but it would just seem like something you'd explain in this show. 

Also, are we sured she got snapped? People will say, "Well but her face was shown with the people who vanished in Endgame," but also...Ant-Man's face showed up there too. I think that's just a list of people who they can't find, not necessarily a list of people who've been snapped. Her taking 7-8 years on the run (since was on the run after Civil War) makes sense for this kind of a turnaround. 7-8 years seems like a good amount of time to create this empire of hers and make it seem believable. 

Also, about her not going to hospital, that's cause she's wanted. Why would she go to a hospital where everyone would recognize her? Certainly when they also have records of people.

🃏🖤👹

River
31 minutes ago, Reality said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maybe?? But everyime someone was impersonating as a Skrull, it was revealed in the end. It happened in FFH and WandaVision, why not here as well? I mean, if they reveal her as a Skrull later on, fine, I won't be too surprised, but it would just seem like something you'd explain in this show. 

Also, are we sured she got snapped? People will say, "Well but her face was shown with the people who vanished in Endgame," but also...Ant-Man's face showed up there too. I think that's just a list of people who they can't find, not necessarily a list of people who've been snapped. Her taking 7-8 years on the run (since was on the run after Civil War) makes sense for this kind of a turnaround. 7-8 years seems like a good amount of time to create this empire of hers and make it seem believable. 

Also, about her not going to hospital, that's cause she's wanted. Why would she go to a hospital where everyone would recognize her? Certainly when they also have records of people.

Spoiler

I think this is one of the lackluster point of the final, the mid credit was.. so so and instead of showing more, it showed a bit of a telenovela scene, not only that, she screamed it on the street so everybody could hear lol

But I get your points and they are valid, for me it's 50-50, what you're saying, she's just a bad guy now vs she's a skrull, I'm going to enjoy either plot.

there's another theory that Val + Sharon and others are actually Leviathan.. which can make sense and can be a nice and weird turnaround of events.. Agent Carter in the past fought them and Agent Carter in the present is working for them (unless they cancel Agent Caret tv show from the canon which is unlikely because James D'Arcy was Jarvice in Endgame)

Archived