💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Jared Leto confirms: there will be italian accent

RBNLM

Featured Posts

RBNLM

During an interview with ET, Jared Leto confirmed that they will use an Italian accent on the house of gucci. I think this  will be extremly cringe.

E0F88DBD-62F4-482F-AAA8-01D648B82F86.jpe

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joshie S

I don't see it as cringe. It will be a true performance and depiction of history. It would be more 'cringe' for them to not have the same accent as the people they are playing..:ohwell:

Plus Gaga has always had an Italian flare on her accent in a lot of interviews/live shows, she IS Italian after all:huntyga:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

hankhatesyouall

Yes, it will be cringe. It's extremely difficult to do a foreign accent. Even highly experienced actors like Daniel Craig can fail. His broad Southern accent in "Knives Out" is terrible. 

Dr Fudge

I mean it’s only cringe if it’s a bad accent. Not really fair to say it’s going to be bad without even hearing it yet. How about we wait to make that call and just support Gaga, k?

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

FFXIV WhiteMage

I mean they are not just your ordinary actors. They are considered creme of the crop in their field. I’m pretty much sure they did their homework.

second thing is it doesn’t have to be perfect. I can’t even name people I know that can distinguish a true Italian accent from a fake one. And I’m pretty much sure that 90+% of the viewers won’t as well. 

Brainiac

I don't understand why people thought it would be any different? It would be weird to play real people with an accent that they don't actually have...

alsemanche

It's gonna be hard not to laugh throughout the whole thing then :bear:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Skabi

what is it with fans bashing gaga's projects and making assumptions before they even see the light of day... i mean firstly gaga herself IS italian and the cast includes renowed actors who i think will bring their A game. could it be cringe? if done badly yes, but we haven't even seen a snippet of the trailer so we cant judge.

personally im excited, i believe it will give the movie more character

Lumiere

I'm getting more and more anxious about this film :ohno: I know Gaga will do her best as usual but what if it gets poor critical reception somehow :ohno:

BornSimon

Sounds like a stupid idea but we will see. These people spoke italian to each other in real life, not in english with an italian accent. Just speak english and that's it.

Moonlight on Water

Here for it! Can't wait for this awesome movie!

she/her

Biagio2103

If you watched The Assassination of Gianni Versace, you should know that it's not cringe at all if it's well done, it actually makes the acting better. And we're talking about an amazing cast with most members having italian roots.

I'm only good at being bad

Archived