💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Jared Leto confirms: there will be italian accent

RBNLM

Featured Posts

16 hours ago, Toph said:

We're concerned...about Lady Gaga...not doing an authentic italian accent.... Am I missing something here?

someone even complains about gaga being in film and all of this on ggd :bear:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Esteban
22 hours ago, BlueRose said:

how do you even though that this would be realistic? Do americans believe that foreigners speak english with an accent when they are in their home country? :teehee:

If you don't want to hire Italians or you dont  want the actors to learn the script in Italian then at least go the next more realistic approach which is to have them speaking in their native tongue.

Exactly what I'm thinking ! 

Skabi
22 hours ago, alsemanche said:

We're allowed to have opinions :huntyga:

how can you have an opinion about something you haven't seen? :huntyga:

BlueRose
9 hours ago, Suuus said:

Part of the cast is italian including gaga

By "If you don't want to hire Italians" I meant Italians who speak their language since the topic of discussion  is the language in a movie.

Sister

I think people are bored and are thinking too far into this, let them make movie magic and let's wait and see what they conjure up. I feel this movie is going to be fantastic and a perfect fit for Gaga, honestly. I am not concerned at all.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Juniper
13 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

But she didn’t struggle with the accent, she had that meltdown because they didn’t warn her that she would have to have an accent before so she could be prepared and she must have learned it very quickly because it’s amazing in the final product!

I didn’t mean she struggled with the accent. Just that she struggled in general because she didn’t know what they wanted from her. It’s just one of those things I found endearing. She wants so much because she’s passionate. Of course there’s gonna be issues on set with what the director wants. 

Juniper
14 hours ago, Alannah said:

I thought that she was having conflicting notes from the directing team; I remember that clip of her in the Netflix doc that she was frustrated because of being pulled in multiple directions. 

I didn’t mean that. I meant she struggled because she didn’t know what they wanted from her. And I’m saying this can happen on any occasion during any movie. 

Alannah
3 hours ago, Juniper said:

I didn’t mean that. I meant she struggled because she didn’t know what they wanted from her. And I’m saying this can happen on any occasion during any movie. 

I got'cha, thanks for clarifying! That's a totally valid concern. She's gotten so much more experience under her belt since then, I think we're going to be in for a treat. 

Alannah
11 hours ago, Jose P said:

I thought she was lesbian

This just made me hunt down Vine compilations, ty. :vegas:

8 hours ago, LilyLark said:

It's silly, but I "think" the point may be that Gaga grew up/associated/knew Italian people (not just Italian Americans). H*ll, aren't one side of her grandparents Italian born? Al Pacino's parents are from Italy, too. In that sense, it may be easier for them to do the accents (especially as they'll have dialect coaches) since they are accustomed to certain sounds, etc.

For example, I speak conversational Spanish fairly well (I can't write for sh*t, tho, in Spanish) but my accent is near perfect....people are surprised I'm not completely fluent because my accent is dead on. The reason my accent is so good is because of my mother.....I learned to "mimic" her fairly well..and because I grew up around Spanish speaking people. If I had just learned Spanish the regular way, I'm not sure my accent would be so good. One of my friends growing up had an Irish father, and can mimic an Irish accent fairly well...

These are all very good and very fair points! Thanks, you helped me understand a different angle people might be coming from. :runhug: (To be honest, I was stuck thinking about it in one way, because of something strange/embarrassing my own family does. They think since they watched The Godfather 500 times that they know EVERYthing about "the old country" despite never having left our state :air: They have lived in rural nowhere for several generations and they don't meet or hear Italian-speakers like Pacino and Gaga very likely could have growing up in NYC. So I was thinking too much about my own family and wasn't realizing the full breadth of possible experiences growing up in a more multicultural place than the absolute sticks that I am from, lol.)

⚡đŸČ

Archived