Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Jared Leto confirms: there will be italian accent

RBNLM

Featured Posts

JazzGa
2 hours ago, hankhatesyouall said:

Yes, it will be cringe. It's extremely difficult to do a foreign accent. Even highly experienced actors like Daniel Craig can fail. His broad Southern accent in "Knives Out" is terrible. 

Omg, yes, as someone from the South every single line of his dialogue sounded like a parody of a gay Louisiana plantation man mixed with a old timey Texas Wild West prospector, it was so bad lol. Natives can hear different regional dialects in accents that foreigners aren't aware of. 

But I think of how much I liked the accented dialogue in American Crime Story: Versace, so there's a perfect example right there of Americans acting in an Italian crime story to model Gucci off of. 

I'd guess that Italians will think it sounds bad but the rest of the world will probably just say "ooh purr sexy" lol

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdino
54 minutes ago, Lanaxster said:

I'm italian and I don't like this choice. If they wanted to make a movie that it's close to the real fact they should have hired italian actors, but since we are not a minority we don't have a voice in this. Imagine actors imitating african or asian accents. Unimaginable.

1. Gaga is italian

2. This is a Hollywood movie

Regina George

Doesn’t make ANY sense to use Italian accent. Those people were Italians and they spoke in Italian to each other. If they wanted 100% accurate depiction then why not hire Italian actors who can actually speak Italian? It’s not like they talked to each other in English (with Italian accent) in real life. 

androiduser

the real people from the story did not speak English with an Italian accent, they spoke Italian with their regional accent (and all the little nuances that each person has in their speech)

2 hours ago, Lumiere said:

I'm getting more and more anxious about this film :ohno: I know Gaga will do her best as usual but what if it gets poor critical reception somehow :ohno:

If it does, it does.  Thats part of being a professional in show biz.  

Reality
14 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

How dare American cinema not have enough non American actors :bear: next thing you know we’ll be complaining about Bollywood films being “too Indian”

Hollywood is American, yes, but it's also an undeniable problem that Hollywood has a problem with representation. Obviously you're not going to have more than half of the people working in Hollywood be foreign actors, but it's always great to see when foreign actors to break out in Hollywood.

🃏🖤👹

Reality

We need to bookmark this thread and @ all the people who thought that the accents would be horrible if they turn out to be really good (and vice versa, if the accents turn out to be utter sh*t and @ all the people who thought it'd be a good idea) :bradley: 

🃏🖤👹

Chromatography
17 minutes ago, Steccazero said:

I don't understand how people think this is a good idea lol. It's a movie about italian people, why would they speak in english with an italian accent?? Either make them act in italian (impossible) or leave the accent out and just let them talk in english. Italian accent just sounds feels like you are just mocking someone, and it makes 0 sense in the fictional universe.

i don’t know what this take is but it’s not it

Jose P

Why are people shocked, this is pretty common for American movies portraying foreign characters. It all depends on how well it’s done.

NFRatwell
16 minutes ago, Reality said:

Hollywood is American, yes, but it's also an undeniable problem that Hollywood has a problem with representation. Obviously you're not going to have more than half of the people working in Hollywood be foreign actors, but it's always great to see when foreign actors to break out in Hollywood.

Racial representation yes. But there are plenty of American POC they can choose from. I don’t get why Hollywood should be forced to outsource for actors. Of corse I’m not against actual Italians playing these roles but you shouldn’t be upset that American cinema hired Americans, especially when they are ethnically Italian.

If you want something more authentic then get Italian cinema to make a movie about it and support non Hollywood films. 

GucciGa
23 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Doesn’t make ANY sense to use Italian accent. Those people were Italians and they spoke in Italian to each other. If they wanted 100% accurate depiction then why not hire Italian actors who can actually speak Italian? It’s not like they talked to each other in English (with Italian accent) in real life. 

Ah yes, have them strolling around chatting in a new york accent. Makes loads more sense. 

😇

CannaeDrive

Well, that's what actors do, imitating foreign accents, taking risks and all that stuff :shrug: Besides, plenty of actors have done this in so many films, it must be working somehow.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Archived