Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Jared Leto confirms: there will be italian accent

RBNLM

Featured Posts

DanielM

I mean, Meryl Streep made a career out of impersonating accents. Her performance in Sophie's Choice is remember as one of the best in the history of cinema. Sure, nobody here is Meryl but I'm not worried. I trust Ridley. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
2 minutes ago, Lanaxster said:

Use African actors then, why not use italian actors? Or just use your natural accent

They could've done that, sure. I'm not necessarily saying that they shouldn't have. 

Perhaps that speaks to the bigger issue in Hollywood of not having as many foreign actors representing other parts of the world as they should. However, this also isn't the first instance of actors using fake accents. There are many instances of actors using fake accents, both from American to foreign and foreign to American. This is no different.

🃏🖤👹

Lanaxster
Just now, Reality said:

They could've done that, sure. I'm not necessarily saying that they shouldn't have. 

Perhaps that speaks to the bigger issue in Hollywood of not having as many foreign actors representing other parts of the world as they should. However, this also isn't the first instance of actors using fake accents. There are many instances of actors using fake accents, both from American to foreign and foreign to American. This is no different.

I agree with you, in fact I think the problem is hollywood

Linus Gaga

I don't speak Italian and English is not my 1st language 

so i guess it will be cool to hear they sounds different than just a american accent :vegas:

Hit me a message and say hi !

Chromatography

wtf? y’all expected no accents? it’s filmed in italy about italian people. 

Madam Margolyes
11 minutes ago, Linus Gaga said:

I don't speak Italian and English is not my 1st language 

so i guess it will be cool to hear they sounds different than just a american accent :vegas:

This is also me lol :vegas:

AndrewGr

The fact that some of you expected Gaga not to have an accent in this, even though she literally changes her accent in every album era for no reason, is so laughable :ladyhaha:

Mother of Puppies

hmmm not sure what to think of it... I personally wish there was no accent... but I guess we should all just wait and then see if we like it or not... hard to say anything beforehand... so I'm very excited to see it

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

GucciGa
39 minutes ago, Lanaxster said:

I want also to add the fact that italians have been mocked for their accents for centuries and suddenly it's cool lol

Its not about being cool. My god. 

😇

gypsy101
2 hours ago, hankhatesyouall said:

Yes, it will be cringe. It's extremely difficult to do a foreign accent. Even highly experienced actors like Daniel Craig can fail. His broad Southern accent in "Knives Out" is terrible. 

pretty sure that southern accent was hilarious and reminded me of Foghorn Leghorn

Economy
2 hours ago, Joshie S said:

I don't see it as cringe. It will be a true performance and depiction of history. It would be more 'cringe' for them to not have the same accent as the people they are playing..:ohwell:

Plus Gaga has always had an Italian flare on her accent in a lot of interviews/live shows, she IS Italian after all:huntyga:

This. Depends how well she nails it

Mother of Puppies

This might also explain why she hasn't done much lately.... I bet she trained nonstop with a coach to get it right... because we know her... everything she does, she gives 200%

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

NFRatwell
33 minutes ago, Reality said:

How dare American cinema not have enough non American actors :bear: next thing you know we’ll be complaining about Bollywood films being “too Indian”

Steccazero

I don't understand how people think this is a good idea lol. It's a movie about italian people, why would they speak in english with an italian accent?? Either make them act in italian (impossible) or leave the accent out and just let them talk in english. Italian accent just sounds feels like you are just mocking someone, and it makes 0 sense in the fictional universe.

pls get into this ***uettery

Archived