šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Jared Leto confirms: there will be italian accent

RBNLM

Featured Posts

blackpink

This will be very risky, Iā€™m sure Gaga knows this. So Iā€™m excited to see if she pulls it off or not. Either way she isnā€™t being safe so we can commend her for thatĀ 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GucciGa
44 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

Them not having an accent seems far more cringe than them using one. In fact I would hope that not only they have incredible Italian accents but also speak some Italian in the film with each other. This is an A list cast with an A list director so the stakes are already high. Imagine if they didn't bother to portray them as accurately as possible how the critical reception would be? This is one more factor that if done well will push her towards her second nomination for best actress.Ā 

Ā 

Imagine if they made an (American) movie about Sophia Loren and the actress spoke in an American accent bc trying her real Italian English accent was deemed "too cringe" šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I'm lolling at how confused people would be. I had everyone coming for me bc I thought that was a foolish idea. I'm glad Ridley and the producers agree with me šŸ˜Š

proud oh yeah GIF by Sky

šŸ˜‡

PunkTheFunk

I trust that the accents won't be cringy or poorly done.Ā I don't think Ridley Scott would allow that sort of thing.

South Blonde
49 minutes ago, Biagio2103 said:

If you watchedĀ The Assassination of Gianni Versace, you should know that it's not cringe at all if it's well done, it actually makes the acting better. And we're talking about an amazing cast with most members having italian roots.

Only Donatella had a proper italian accent (sorta)... cause Penelope is spanish

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

Guest SetMeFree

Black Panther cast did a great job with their African accents. I don't understandĀ all the steam this thread is getting.Ā 

Reality

We have to see it before we can judge. Personally speaking, I would rather them not do an accent just because it can be a little distracting, but we also have to see the finished product before we can judge them. I mean, there are a lot of instances of actors using accents and it doesn't become distracting or laughable.

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

RahrahWitch

Please don't let this go the way of 'Wild Mountain Thyme' those Irish Accents were so bad it hurt.

Lanaxster

I'm italian and I don't like this choice. If they wanted to make a movie that it's close to the real fact they should have hired italian actors, but since we are not a minority we don't have a voice in this. Imagine actors imitating africanĀ or asian accents. Unimaginable.

Reality
14 minutes ago, SetMeFree said:

Black Panther cast did a great job with their African accents. I don't understandĀ all the steam this thread is getting.Ā 

Tom Holland and Benedict Cumberbatch also do great American accents too. I mean, if you had absolutely no idea who they were, you would've thought they were American. Accents aren't a bad thing.Ā BadĀ accents are a bad thing.Ā 

I can't speak for every other actor in the film, but for Gaga specifically, she'll know that she has to do itĀ right.Ā She's very proud of her heritage and she doesn't want to f*ck that up. I have faith that they'll be good.Ā 

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Lanaxster

I want also to add the fact that italians have been mocked for their accents for centuries and suddenly it'sĀ cool lol

Reality
1 minute ago, Lanaxster said:

I'm italian and I don't like this choice. If they wanted to make a movie that it's close to the real fact they should have hired italian actors, but since we are not a minority we don't have a voice in this. Imagine actors imitating africanĀ or asian accents. Unimaginable.

Black Panther??

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Reality
1 minute ago, Lanaxster said:

I find it cringe as well

Well, they were born and raised in an African country. They were obviously going to have African accents. Same thing here.

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Lanaxster
Just now, Reality said:

Well, they were born and raised in an African country. They were obviously going to have African accents. Same thing here.

Use African actors then, why not use italian actors? Or just use your natural accent

Archived