Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Jared Leto confirms: there will be italian accent

RBNLM

Featured Posts

alsemanche
14 minutes ago, Queen Neyde said:

what is it with fans bashing gaga's projects and making assumptions before they even see the light of day... i mean firstly gaga herself IS italian and the cast includes renowed actors who i think will bring their A game. could it be cringe? if done badly yes, but we haven't even seen a snippet of the trailer so we cant judge.

personally im excited, i believe it will give the movie more character

We're allowed to have opinions :huntyga:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G U C C I

Them not having an accent seems far more cringe than them using one. In fact I would hope that not only they have incredible Italian accents but also speak some Italian in the film with each other. This is an A list cast with an A list director so the stakes are already high. Imagine if they didn't bother to portray them as accurately as possible how the critical reception would be? This is one more factor that if done well will push her towards her second nomination for best actress. 

littlepotter
26 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

I don't see it as cringe. It will be a true performance and depiction of history. It would be more 'cringe' for them to not have the same accent as the people they are playing..:ohwell:

Plus Gaga has always had an Italian flare on her accent in a lot of interviews/live shows, she IS Italian after all:huntyga:

True depiction of history? Huh? Do you think they spoke English with an Italian accent? :air:

chaeri pls

HosedDownGypsy

I will always support Gaga and I thope she knows what she is doing but the reality is that a fake accent is the fastest method to get your movie or performance panned. Many famous and expirienced actors fail and faking an accent has rarely been praised in an performance. 

I trust in Gaga but I also understand the people who are concerend because there it is reasonable to be concerned

RAIN ON ME

OMonster
1 minute ago, G U C C I said:

Them not having an accent seems far more cringe than them using one. In fact I would hope that not only they have incredible Italian accents but also speak some Italian in the film with each other. This is an A list cast with an A list director so the stakes are already high. Imagine if they didn't bother to portray them as accurately as possible how the critical reception would be? This is one more factor that if done well will push her towards her second nomination for best actress. 

I think this is 100% the correct take.

The film would've been dragged by critics if it didn't at least attempt to be half-authentic. 

I think you're right, too, in that if Gaga delivers a really believable accent, it'll make her performance more impressive to the Academy. 

subtext / fantasy

DoremonLove
3 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

We're allowed to have opinions :huntyga:

Opinions on what? Have u already watched the movies or any scene of them with the accent? How can u form an opinion on something u havent even seen.:ohwell:

How can anoyone not love gaga

I think it's going to be made with an accent that they think is Italian 🤦🏻‍♂️  with the various language stereotypes that are attached 

Same DNA but Born This Way

NFRatwell

I mean if she can perfectly match Julie Andrews’ singing technique which includes her accent I think she can do this.

HosedDownGypsy
Just now, DoremonLove said:

Opinions on what? Have u already watched the movies or any scene of them with the accent? How can u form an opinion on something u havent even seen.:ohwell:

He is allowed to form an oppinion on how this might turn out based on the many times when faking an accent has led to a panned performance. But we should stay positive and hope for the best.

RAIN ON ME

alsemanche
4 minutes ago, DoremonLove said:

The same way others are forming a positive opinion on it :ohwell:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

I trust the director, he wouldn't go with an italian accent if he wasn't sure that it wouldn't be a cringefest. Besides in Assassination of Versace, they did an italian accent and it wasn't laughable nor cringe. I can picture it like this

BlueRose

how do you even though that this would be realistic? Do americans believe that foreigners speak english with an accent when they are in their home country? :teehee:

If you don't want to hire Italians or you dont  want the actors to learn the script in Italian then at least go the next more realistic approach which is to have them speaking in their native tongue.

Tinnitus15

Well I think gaga’s gonna slay the accent there was a video of fans screaming:Gaga we love you and she was saying vi am I ragazzi,then the one person who said he’s happy her dogs are back and Gaga answering:Grazie Mille...She’s clearly into Italian role 

2 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

I trust the director, he wouldn't go with an italian accent if he wasn't sure that it wouldn't be a cringefest. Besides in Assassination of Versace, they did an italian accent and it wasn't laughable nor cringe. I can picture it like this

This is more a spanish acccent

Same DNA but Born This Way

S0436

We will see but my first reaction was the look on the guy on the right of the image in the op.

Archived