other

Pitchfork says Gaga should win Best Pop Vocal Album

hankhatesyouall

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilmonster2424

As long as she wins one grammy, Chromatica deserves but ROM really deserves, its the most iconic and memorable song in pop/duo and that's on period :vegas:

Roronoa

Chromatica still sounds fresh and solid after a year. It’s a very good album that will age well. 

jimmytimestep

Also; it needs to be said that category is “pop *vocal*” and vocally, Chromatica is FAR superior than every album nominated 

JustJames
1 hour ago, Bio said:

It’s obviously going to Dua

I don’t see a path for Future Nostalgia. The Grammys need to determine whether Pop is a genre (and add a panel / categories like “Best Pop Song”) or if it means “Mainstream,” which - by taking the submissions with the most votes as nominees - seems to be the current approach. 

Despite AOTY moms, neither FN nor Folklore had the mainstream success typical of a BPVA winner (TFM, 21, 1989, Divide = big sales, peaks, longevity, singles). DSN was the only hit between either album (at voting, Levitating was still outside Top 20), so you have to assume they’re competing on factors like acclaim, which point to Folklore. 

Fine Line was the biggest “mainstream” success (2 inescapable Top 10 smashes and 2-3 more moderate Radio / streaming hits), and is most deserving based on the award’s history, IMO. I think Folkore will win it though, and AOTY, with Dua winning Pop Solo + 1 of R/SOTY for DSN. 

Chromatica could’ve been competitive, with its opening week #s (streaming / pure sales) in the midst of COVID, critical acclaim, early success with 2 top 5 singles, and relevant narrative (“dancing through the pain”). Had ROM not been pulled from Pop Radio (the only reason FN is a front-runner), 911 been released as a 3rd single, and Gaga been visible/vocal in the media about mental health, it’d have been hard to deny. 

14 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said:

Also; it needs to be said that category is “pop *vocal*” and vocally, Chromatica is FAR superior than every album nominated 

This this this!

I think the production of Future Nostalgia is amazing, but Gaga’s vocals are unmatched to me. 

Gabi001

FN is fun and cute, but Replay alone is better than whole Future Nostalgia

I'm not having fun tonight.

Lion Heart

I dont know. I have a feeling she's not winning anything this year. :(

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

freebit

They can keep it. After the Weeknd stuff, the Grammys are about as corrupt as the Golden Globes. They are meaningless. 

KingRedd

Chromatica is a great album. It doesn’t get much exposure as the others so I see why people will lean towards FN. For me, Chromatica is superior in structure, memorable songs that don’t sound too radio friendly but could easily work on radio as singles, and the depth in lyrics. Vocals are always great for Gaga albums but she had a diverse range for this album. It’s great and I’m glad this trash outlet decided to speak some truth. 

May I Read You? 😎

Cameltoe Chariot
7 hours ago, James Gibson said:

Its true. People underestimate how well crafted it is

The only people underestimating the album are Gaga fans - the GP LOVES this album and it's her most critically acclaimed release.

The vacuum of complaining on GGD is so easy to get sucked into, but I promise you the rest of the world thought Chromatica was a smash.

Archived