💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Demi Lovato believes her drug addiction “stopped her from dying”

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Demi Lovato spoke on Diane Guerrero’s podcast Yeah No, I’m Not Okay about the misconception that that "if people are using drugs or if they are dealing with an eating disorder or self-harm that they want to die."

She said that she believes her drug addiction “stopped her from dying.”

"In the same way it almost killed me, it saved my life at times, because there were times that I dealt with suicidal ideations. And had I gone forward with that in that moment, instead of another destructive coping mechanism, I wouldn't be here to tell my story."

She added that after getting treated, she believes "I turned to those coping mechanisms because I genuinely was in so much pain that I didn't want to die and I didn't know what else to do."
"I did the best that I could at times and now that I have other tools and other resources, I know how else to deal and how else to cope so I don't have to resort to those behaviors again.” 

source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

HEARTSTOP

Ms Poot always finds a problematic way to say things, doesn't she? :poot:

IDGAF

RAMROD

Where is her speech instructor/coach at?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

The Fame Monster

I get her point. She used to be in a painful stage in her life, and she found a way to make herself feel better. It’s not always that simple to find the right and healthy ways to deal with your problems. Especially when you’re young. I’m glad she chose drugs over suicide. And those who criticise her, why can’t se be truthful about her own life?

Find your freedom in the music

Nathaniel Arven
8 minutes ago, Adrenaliner said:

Could you even like try to get her point?

she has a point, drugs have an antidepressant aspect. 

But she also glamorise it with the 'killing and saving' part... This is honestly both interesting because it speaks about how isolated she was, and sad, and how a lot of young people are. But any addict knows well drugs take more than they give. So putting things publicly that ways may not be super fully clear, especially if you think about young readers. 

Sorry for Demi if you ever were to read that....

I'm really going to stream your music and give it a kind ear because you still seem like an interesting girl. 

Helxig

Well what she's saying is true... she just needs to learn a more eloquent way of stating it that gets her point across more clearly, and ensures she doesn't glorify drug use. I know she doesn't like to be a role model, but unfortunately if you are being interviewed then you are one... and you need to think, act, and speak responsibly. Impressionable youth who relate to her struggles listen to everything she says. Stating it this way could cause some kid to turn to drugs as a way to escape suicidal thoughts :smh:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

ZiggyZiggs

Not everyone completely missing her point. 

here this woman is being extremely vulnerable and talking about her PERSONAL issues and here y’all are offering PR advice 

whew :smh:

HEARTSTOP
40 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Not everyone completely missing her point. 

here this woman is being extremely vulnerable and talking about her PERSONAL issues and here y’all are offering PR advice 

whew :smh:

I don't think anyone missed the point here. It's just the way she says things. It makes it seem like she condones abusing drugs instead of conveying her actual message, which you can only generally understand by reading everything and contextualizing it with your previous knowledge of her story and background.

Perception =/= reality, and that's what PR teams are for.

IDGAF

zakariah

just quit being a celebrity if it hurts so much, just go off the grid or something, she definitely has the funds for it

PxA limited
2 hours ago, Lighter said:

this woman is just not... smart

And you call yourself a Gaga fan? And presumably defend her mental illness..?

But you bash this girl.

Archived