💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

First Ever Diamond Female Rap Song

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

TSUNAMI
42 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Boday Yellow is more rap than Superbass. Calling Superbass rap when is very influenced by pop is debatable anyways. 

Also, Superbass is a collab, too 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biagio2103

I Like It is probably going to get there before Super Bass as well (currently 9x Platinum since last December), and maybe Girls Like You (8x Platinum since last June).

I'm only good at being bad

7 hours ago, Biagio2103 said:

I Like It is probably going to get there before Super Bass as well (currently 9x Platinum since last December), and maybe Girls Like You (8x Platinum since last June).

Also WAP is already 5x platinum. It has great recurring stats especially in the US. It should reach Diamond certification later this year or max by early 2022 :giveup:

1 hour ago, pratz said:

Also WAP is already 5x platinum. It has great recurring stats especially in the US. It should reach Diamond certification later this year or max by early 2020 :giveup:

not 2020 again pls :saladga:

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

The Z
5 hours ago, vpez said:

super bass > bodak yellow

Never heard any of them lol

weed

so iconic!!!!! After Gaga she's the latest superstar imo. Ofc I'm not saying she has the same level of talent, creativity, etc. but the cultural impact and how famous/popular she is

ALGAYDO
3 hours ago, weed said:

so iconic!!!!! After Gaga she's the latest superstar imo. Ofc I'm not saying she has the same level of talent, creativity, etc. but the cultural impact and how famous/popular she is

Ari too! 

anyway, congrats to this problematic queen that I’m only slightly embarrassed to stan :firega:

Runway

As she should! queen of rap!!!

Btw, Superbass is a POP song not rap at all but I guess 9 million is not too bad

TEANUS
13 minutes ago, Runway said:

Btw, Superbass is a POP song not rap at all

6 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Boday Yellow is more rap than Superbass. Calling Superbass rap when is very influenced by pop is debatable anyways. 

Y’all, please

BOTH verses are straight rap, Nicki’s style to a tee: chaotic and with multiple different flows. The first verse alone SH*TS all over any rapping in Bodak Yellow and most of Cardi’s career. Just cause there’s singing in the chorus + bridge doesn’t mean it’s a pop song.

Cardi’s an amazing artist with an insane trajectory, but let’s not act like when it comes to actually spitting bars and making rhymes she’s better than Nicki....not gonna convince me otherwise

Also, influenced by pop /=/ pop music 

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

weed
50 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Ari too! 

anyway, congrats to this problematic queen that I’m only slightly embarrassed to stan :firega:

Oh truuuu, she is bigger than Cardi even but her rise was much more gradual vs the instant BAM! like Gaga and Cardi. I should have clarified :vegas:

FfFfFfFF
23 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

Y’all, please

BOTH verses are straight rap, Nicki’s style to a tee: chaotic and with multiple different flows. The first verse alone SH*TS all over any rapping in Bodak Yellow and most of Cardi’s career. Just cause there’s singing in the chorus + bridge doesn’t mean it’s a pop song.

Cardi’s an amazing artist with an insane trajectory, but let’s not act like when it comes to actually spitting bars and making rhymes she’s better than Nicki....not gonna convince me otherwise

Also, influenced by pop /=/ pop music 

The song may have different flows and may or may not be better sounding than Bodak Yellow, this doesn't make it more rap than it is. Superbass has rap elements but a lot of influence from 2010s pop music. Is a fact.

The fact that it has a pop chrus doesn't make it a pop song, you're right. And the fact that it has rap verses doesn't make it a rap song lol.

About the past point I'd suggest you to re-read my reply more clearly and see that I didn't claim Superbass is straight pop because is not. But to act like is completely and undebatably a rap song is weird.

Btw, I am a fan of neither of them.

MadreMonster

I was following Cardi on instagram about a year before this song came out. She released it and I just thought it would be another fun song from a lesser known rapper
 then it suddenly blew up and all my friends were asking me if I heard about her :ladyhaha:

Glad to see she’s still doing great :kara:

52 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

The song may have different flows and may or may not be better sounding than Bodak Yellow, this doesn't make it more rap than it is. Superbass has rap elements but a lot of influence from 2010s pop music. Is a fact.

The fact that it has a pop chrus doesn't make it a pop song, you're right. And the fact that it has rap verses doesn't make it a rap song lol.

About the past point I'd suggest you to re-read my reply more clearly and see that I didn't claim Superbass is straight pop because is not. But to act like is completely and undebatably a rap song is weird.

Btw, I am a fan of neither of them.

well it is labelled as a Rap song and I believe Nicki being Black and being acknowledged as a "Rapper" + having hip hop/Rap Collab's play a huge role in that. But imo from a sonics viewpoint it IS MORE OF A POP song than a Rap song. Also Wikipedia labels it as "Bubblegum pop,pop rap"

FfFfFfFF
Just now, pratz said:

well it is labelled as a Rap song and I believe Nicki being Black and being acknowledged as a "Rapper" + having hip hop/Rap Collab's play a huge role in that. But imo from a sonics viewpoint it IS MORE OF A POP song than a Rap song. Also Wikipedia labels it as "Bubblegum pop,pop rap"

I don't doubt for a second that race plays a role. FKA twigs is one of my favorite singers and she also said how after her pictures emerged and people found out she is mixed raced, they started to label her as R&B wherease before they were just calling her experimental. Not to mention Blinding Light being nomintated as an R&B song. The classification of a song takes into account many things but in the end I really think it should be about the song itself.

7 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I don't doubt for a second that race plays a role. FKA twigs is one of my favorite singers and she also said how after her pictures emerged and people found out she is mixed raced, they started to label her as R&B wherease before they were just calling her experimental. Not to mention Blinding Light being nomintated as an R&B song. The classification of a song takes into account many things but in the end I really think it should be about the song itself.

agreed. Also I was gonna use Blinding Light as an example but I erased it lol nvm you included it :heart:. Don't forget Changes being nominated as a POP album by the Grammys 

Archived