Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is the Chromatica era officially over?

FrederickSpears

Featured Posts

Haralampos

But I can't tell the same for Chromatica tour. Who knows maybe she already filmed a studio (kind of) performance for streaming. We really don't know what she have done after the last single. So those months were empty to us.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haralampos

By the way it's crazy how much she's following Madonna's steps. Her Evita era is coming and the spiritual electro themed album will follow (Ray of Light). JK

n1kos
2 hours ago, Delulu Rogers said:

It’s been over since September. Gaga said in the Zane interview she wasn’t going to promote this album. They 100% lied to us when they said they spent 18 months planning the promo for this album and I am disappointed in gaga for hyping us up for stuff that was never going to happen. She easily could have done more videos, performances and singles but she didn’t want to. So unfortunate how she just wasted this amazing album. By the time LG7 comes it’ll be more than 10 years since we had an album with more than 2 singles :saladga:

I think that we were all affected by all these fake news by "insiders" about FW and Babylon video, Sour Candy,  Sine short film etc! All these lies really made us happy and we were believing that the era will be huge and we had high- expectations! If these "insiders" missed, maybe we would be more ok with the no-promo thing!

I will fly on a challenger across the sky like a phoenix..

PropaGaga
2 hours ago, Delulu Rogers said:

It’s been over since September. Gaga said in the Zane interview she wasn’t going to promote this album. They 100% lied to us when they said they spent 18 months planning the promo for this album and I am disappointed in gaga for hyping us up for stuff that was never going to happen. She easily could have done more videos, performances and singles but she didn’t want to. So unfortunate how she just wasted this amazing album. By the time LG7 comes it’ll be more than 10 years since we had an album with more than 2 singles :saladga:

That wasn't a lie. It takes time to ink all the deals she's now roped into – all of which were meant to coincide with the album release and tour. Not to mention the things that had to be scrapped completely due to the pandemic and having to make new plans and having those ruined as well. Things are still coming, mainly because they're bound by contract. So I wouldn't consider Chromatica over just yet.

Focus

It is and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded tbh. Gaga moved onto other projects including HL, the gucci film, and C2C. Also activism and the elections but that's off the list now.

Delulu Rogers
1 minute ago, PropaGaga said:

That wasn't a lie. It takes time to ink all the deals she's now roped into – all of which were meant to coincide with the album release and tour. Not to mention the things that had to be scrapped completely due to the pandemic and having to make new plans and having those ruined as well. Things are still coming, mainly because they're bound by contract. So I wouldn't consider Chromatica over just yet.

What was meant to coincide with the album? Haus labs and Tudor? The only brand deal related to chromatica is oreo and that was done late last year.

numb the flame
2 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

do you at all know when these contracted things are due to start happening? We know about the Nick Knight and Dom Perignon collabs from when her contracts leaked earlier last year but have they been scrapped or are they waiting to be announced? 

numb the flame
1 minute ago, Delulu Rogers said:

What was meant to coincide with the album? Haus labs and Tudor? The only brand deal related to chromatica is oreo and that was done late last year.

the Valentino campaign used Sine but it's not necessarily the Chromatica content that would get us hyped for weeks on end.  

PropaGaga
Just now, Delulu Rogers said:

Did you forget about Apple, LG, Adobe, Lamborghini, Dom Perignon, Armani? All the music videos have been paid for by product endorsements. Oreo was in the works long before it actually came out; remember when Joe mentioned Gaga giving him a box for Father's Day? Haus Labs and Tudor don't count since those were very much in motion before the era even begun. Even the Tudor photos she's been posting are from early 2019.

numb the flame
4 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Did you forget about Apple, LG, Adobe, Lamborghini, Dom Perignon, Armani? All the music videos have been paid for by product endorsements. Oreo was in the works long before it actually came out; remember when Joe mentioned Gaga giving him a box for Father's Day? Haus Labs and Tudor don't count since those were very much in motion before the era even begun. Even the Tudor photos she's been posting are from early 2019.

so we've got two more videos then if Dom Perignon and Armani are sponsors?

PropaGaga
10 minutes ago, numb the flame said:

so we've got two more videos then if Dom Perignon and Armani are sponsors?

Dom Perignon has a Chromatica tie in. Nick Knight confirmed himself they filmed a music video last year, so that is presumably it. And I can't 100% confirm if this is true, but there was talk of her filming a performance video to be used as part of the Armani campaign. No idea if it actually happened, though, because the pandemic switched a lot of stuff up as far as when things were released and what they were able to shoot for that. I'm not holding my breath, though. I'll also add that the Universal website accidentally put up new Chromatica merch back in January before quickly removing it. All the merch drops so far have coincided with something, whether it was a music video or a performance... so unless they outright say they're done and moving on, in those exact terms, I really don't consider the era dead by any means. Someone used the term "limbo" and I think that's pretty accurate.

numb the flame
2 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Dom Perignon has a Chromatica tie in. Nick Knight confirmed himself they filmed a music video last year, so that is presumably it. And I can't 100% confirm if this is true, but there was talk of her filming a performance video to be used as part of the Armani campaign. No idea if it actually happened, though, because the pandemic switched a lot of stuff up as far as when things were released and what they were able to shoot for that. I'm not holding my breath, though. I'll also add that the Universal website accidentally put up new Chromatica merch back in January before quickly removing it. All the merch drops so far have coincided with something, whether it was a music video or a performance... so unless they outright say they're done and moving on, in those exact terms, I really don't consider the era dead by any means. Someone used the term "limbo" and I think that's pretty accurate.

okay, thank you for taking the time to explain things thoroughly :kara:

PropaGaga
2 minutes ago, numb the flame said:

okay, thank you for taking the time to explain things thoroughly :kara:

It's definitely not an ideal or very exciting campaign by any means with the way it starts up for approximately one week and stops for months, so I understand the frustration. A lot of things could have been handled better, but I also think there's a lot they don't have control over. Although as I've said many times before I wish there was a bit more transparency as to where it all stands so we could avoid these conversations and doom mongering.

Archived