💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

I Really Don't Get the Madonna Comparisons

RRR

Featured Posts

Help me understand because I REALLY don't get it, other than they are both triconic. Is it because they are both female, and Italian? Help me get it because I need it to make sense. :saladga:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. They're both italian, from New York City, with strong opinions and point of views, defenders of the LGBT community.

2. Gaga did get inspired a lot by Madonna, especially in The Fame Monster times. A lot of the looks, ideas, came directly from her, no one can deny that.

Gaga is a referencial artist, everything she does is a mixture of culture from the past, ARTPOP is about that. Madonna is also a referencial artist.

JINNOCIDE

They both have really similar inspiring speeches about freedom and empowerment.

They both did things considered weird or shocking at the time, they both defied the odds and inserted themselves into the industry like no one.

Heck, even the word "superstar" is shared between their speeches.

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

Bonkers

I think it has to do with how they positioned themselves, and it all goes back to Michael Jackson.

Michael was positioned as the King of Pop and that went along with this "bigger than life" style of promotion and theatrical performances and music videos.

Madonna hired one of the people who did that for Michael and they figured out they could apply the same type of branding to make her bigger than life with spectacular shows centered around great pop music and dancing.  They invented the first Queen of Pop.

Right from the start, Gaga was setting herself up to be the epicenter of pop music, bigger than life, theatrical, intensive dancing.  And part of it was defining a female icon as a Marilyn Monroe architype - the blonde hair and sex positive.

I really think that's where it all comes from.  Madonna (and many others) saw it as someone coming for her crown.  

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Obobo

they’re both white pop girls that support LGBT, celebrate their sexuality, and the fame monster had lots of looks inspired by her...but thats it.

If you actually look deep into Gaga, she references so many artists from Grace Jones, Whitney Houston, MJ, Elton John and her whole concept of transformation seen through her whole career is totally David Bowie.  

androiduser

1) Madonna set the standard for the female pop star, she is the blueprint

2) Gaga is a Madonna fan who was directly and indirectly inspired by Madonna

IllusionLover

Same, there's some outfits from the past and stuff people compare, but now in 2021 and I see Chromatica and i literally can't compare it anything Madonna has done.

Like, there was a time when they shared similarities but now I literally can't see what they have in common they're so different.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Starmie25

I mean, Gaga was/is inspired by Madonna during TFM days, however I feel as the years went on she grew into her own and added that "GAGA" flair. 

Honestly people are very selective these days, because you could do this with so many acts - 

MJ - Bruno - Abel 

Lil Kim - Nicki - Doja 

Mariah - Ariana 

Janet Jackson - Britney etc etc 

Guest Adarsh

I don’t think they’re similar at all. I mean you could also argue that Cher did the same things as Madonna even before her. It’s the female popstar persona that makes people people compare them. But Gaga was gracious enough to credit Madonna as an inspiration and now they have a good relationship. That’s all :vegas:

gypsy101
28 minutes ago, Bio said:

1. They're both italian, from New York City, with strong opinions and point of views, defenders of the LGBT community.

Madonna is from Michigan 

i’m from the same county (Oakland) and my high school spanish teacher was her first cousin which is pretty cool

Jose P

It really isn’t about the sound or even the literal image or visuals, but what they represented. Both controversial artists with art that pushed boundaries and resonated culturally. Gaga was the closest thing to a modern day Madonna when she debuted. Even Gaga herself has acknowledged Madonna’s huge influence on her. But then again Madonna has influenced pretty much every female pop star that succeeded her.

Chromatica Island

They have some similarities when Gaga first started, but now I don't see similarities, they are both in good graces with each other now as well.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Justin Drew Bieber

All things aside, I still don’t know why they haven’t done a performance together, is it that hard? :deadbanana: I think they were gonna perform together but Gaga was on tour or something.

Archived