Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

I Really Don't Get the Madonna Comparisons

RRR

Featured Posts

The Child
1 hour ago, Bebe said:

C2C/Joanne/ASIB soundtrack is not something Madonna could pull off at all

Madonna could totally pull these off. I’m Breathless, Evita & Music are similar to these.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse

Honestly tbh what a lovely person to be compared to. Madonna is the queen after all

1 hour ago, Bebe said:

C2C/Joanne/ASIB soundtrack is not something Madonna could pull off at all and Chromatica has these dystopian, mad max, wasteland visuals that I don't see Madonna wanting to touch.

C2C: I’m Breathless

Joanne: Music and American Life (with deeper and more personal lyrics, I might add. Love Joanne, but that was not an extremely personal album as she likes to say it was).

ASIB: Evita

Dystopian visuals: Ghostown music video

March34th

Gaga credited Madonna intensely during the beginning of her career as an inspiration. She's also numerous times made references to Madonna's past work in her videos and performances - which isn't bad, but it's definitely clear she was inspired, which again isn't mad.

Then, of course, there's the Born This Way fiasco. Born This Way 100% sampled and was influenced by Express Yourself, which once again in case someone tries to drags me whenever this is brought up, is not a bad thing.

Gaga has a habit of showing her influences clearly. You can see it a lot during her career, Madonna isn't the only one, but she's made references to people like Roisin Murphy, Bowie, Grace Jones, Queen, etc.

Gaga's appeal for me was always that she does this, she's the ultimate commentary on pop culture and makes great music as well. it's cool

March34th
12 hours ago, IllusionLover said:

Same, there's some outfits from the past and stuff people compare, but now in 2021 and I see Chromatica and i literally can't compare it anything Madonna has done.

Like, there was a time when they shared similarities but now I literally can't see what they have in common they're so different.

the Stupid Love video reminded me a lot of the video for Frozen, albeit with a more upbeat and colourful vibe.

Dancing in the desert, same sort of hairstyle. Not making accusations of copying of course, but it was the first thing I thought about.

Nathaniel Arven
1 hour ago, Bebe said:

Unsure if being serious or sarcastic but Madonna could not pull standards in the same stylings and vocal prowess as Gaga. Don't want this to come across as Madonna hate either, it's just not the skill set she has.

Madonna's La Vie En Rose is a cool interpretation and some may prefer it:

It's obviously different to Gaga's though:

not. My point is about reinvention. Not like judging who's the loudest vocalist :) Not sarcastic. Just me. In between trying to be kind and a snake tongue. 

March34th
12 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

Madonna is from Michigan 

i’m from the same county (Oakland) and my high school spanish teacher was her first cousin which is pretty cool

I think what op meant is that they both are from New York City in the sense that they came up there. Madonna was a nobody before she moved to NYC, that's where she met drag queens and other artists and dancers who helped her become Madonna.

Dr Fudge

Persona-wise, sure. You can make Madge and Gaga comparisons from early in Gaga’s career.

Voice and talent-wise: I’ve always felt like comparisons could be made more between Whitney and Gaga. Both use their pipes in such a way that have range, rasp, and soul. Gorgeous, both of them. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Ziggy
4 minutes ago, March34th said:

Gaga credited Madonna intensely during the beginning of her career as an inspiration. She's also numerous times made references to Madonna's past work in her videos and performances - which isn't bad, but it's definitely clear she was inspired, which again isn't mad.

Then, of course, there's the Born This Way fiasco. Born This Way 100% sampled and was influenced by Express Yourself, which once again in case someone tries to drags me whenever this is brought up, is not a bad thing.

Gaga has a habit of showing her influences clearly. You can see it a lot during her career, Madonna isn't the only one, but she's made references to people like Roisin Murphy, Bowie, Grace Jones, Queen, etc.

Gaga's appeal for me was always that she does this, she's the ultimate commentary on pop culture and makes great music as well. it's cool

Right like Babylon basically started as a re-write of Fame then shifted a bit to having more of a Vogue flair to it. Gaga plays heavy with references and whether that’s good or bad is really up to you as the listener/audience

March34th
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

Right like Babylon basically started as a re-write of Fame then shifted a bit to having more of a Vogue flair to it. Gaga plays heavy with references and whether that’s good or bad is really up to you as the listener/audience

Oh definitely, Babylon directly sampled both of those songs. It's very interesting how she blended those songs

Nathaniel Arven
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

Born This Way 100% sampled

3 minutes ago, March34th said:

Oh definitely, Babylon directly sampled both of those songs. It's very interesting how she blended those songs

sampled ? Gaga never sampled Madonna or else i'm :wtfga:

March34th
4 minutes ago, Nathaniel Arven said:

sampled ? Gaga never sampled Madonna or else i'm :wtfga:

Nathaniel Arven
7 minutes ago, March34th said:

a sample is like, when you take a bit of the song to put in so no this is a mashup ^^

edit : the song have similar chords in it... That is all. 

March34th
6 minutes ago, Nathaniel Arven said:

a sample is like, when you take a bit of the song to put in so no this is a mashup ^^

edit : the song have similar chords in it... That is all. 

that is not what a mashup is

Archived