💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Adele is best-selling female album artist of the century in UK

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Official Charts Company revealed that Adele is the UK’s best-selling woman album artist since the year 2000, leading a Top 10.
The Top 10 artists have sold in excess of 72 million albums between them (including streaming equivalents).

Adele also claims the Number 1 album by a woman artist of the century to date, with her 2011 album 21 which has sold just shy of 6 million copies in the UK alone. Her other albums, 25 and 19 also feature in the Top 10 at Number 3 and Number 9 respectively. 

The UK's Official Top 10 women album artists – 2000 to 2021
Adele
P!nk
Madonna
Rihanna
Dido
Amy Winehouse
Kylie Minogue
Beyonce
Britney Spears
Lady Gaga

The UK's Official Top 10 albums by women artists – 2000 to 2021
Adele ‘21’
Amy Winehouse ‘Back To Black’
Adele ‘25’
Leona Lewis ‘Spirit’
Lady Gaga ‘Fame’
Dido ‘No Angel’
Dido ‘Life For Rent’
Norah Jones ‘Come Away With Me’
Adele ‘19’
Emeli Sande 'Our Version Of Events’

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

SummerBoy223

The fame is such a classic. 3 million pure sales in the U.K alone. 
I don’t see Adele’s next album doing well. She waited too long and sales are dead. 

I dont know for sure but I suspect A Star Is Born might not be included in Gaga's numbers here. I think it's credited to the cast of ASIB rather than to Gaga herself. Which might mean that Gaga's true numbers are even higher  

Gerrard174
22 minutes ago, SummerBoy223 said:

The fame is such a classic. 3 million pure sales in the U.K alone. 
I don’t see Adele’s next album doing well. She waited too long and sales are dead. 

People said that about 25 also and see how well she did

Lovelife
49 minutes ago, JohnyTheSame said:

I dont understand how Britney is ahead

quite frankly, Britney had 10+ albums. and she was huge in the 2000's

SummerBoy223
1 hour ago, Gerrard174 said:

People said that about 25 also and see how well she did

The success of 25 was mostly from 21 hype. Similar to BTW coming from TFM hype. Her next album will show if she's a fluke or not. 

Gerrard174
3 minutes ago, SummerBoy223 said:

The success of 25 was mostly from 21 hype. Similar to BTW coming from TFM hype. Her next album will show if she's a fluke or not. 

But 25 was very well received though. It spawned big hit like Hello and many songs went on to chart well globallh

Reject False Icons

I’m so shook at pink’s success, everyone just doesn’t mention her but she’s there, she had consistent success from her debut until beautiful trauma,(except for try this, maybe) probably she won’t comeback to those numbers again but she’s really big

8 minutes ago, Reject False Icons said:

I’m so shook at pink’s success, everyone just doesn’t mention her but she’s there, she had consistent success from her debut until beautiful trauma,(except for try this, maybe) probably she won’t comeback to those numbers again but she’s really big

Same, surprised with P!nk. She and Rihanna stays unbothered :whitney:

JusKeepBreathin

I didn't realize Dido was that huge. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

SummerBoy223
15 minutes ago, Gerrard174 said:

But 25 was very well received though. It spawned big hit like Hello and many songs went on to chart well globallh

I guess it depends. She's taking too long to release, and that can effect her chart performance. She's obviously not going to do 21/25 numbers. I guess it depends on the lead single and how it's received. 

10 minutes ago, Reject False Icons said:

Pink's success is very underrated. Her album sales are much better than her peers. She sold 40 million albums, which is more than Beyonce and Xtina. Beyonce's WW album sales are not impressive. She sold less albums than Gaga in a better climate. 

Quartz
1 hour ago, SummerBoy223 said:

I guess it depends. She's taking too long to release, and that can effect her chart performance. She's obviously not going to do 21/25 numbers. I guess it depends on the lead single and how it's received. 

Pink's success is very underrated. Her album sales are much better than her peers. She sold 40 million albums, which is more than Beyonce and Xtina. Beyonce's WW album sales are not impressive. She sold less albums than Gaga in a better climate. 

Whaaaaat fr?!

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

SummerBoy223
4 hours ago, Quartz said:

Whaaaaat fr?!

yup.

Chartmasters has Gaga at 36 million, Beyonce at 33.7 million, Xtina at 30 million and P!nk at 37 million. 

The 37 million doesn't even include her last 2 albums. Beautiful Trauma sold 2.8m pure copies ww. H2BH sold around 600k. It'll bring her up to 40 million. Her success is honestly underrated 

Archived