💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How Long Will Doja Cat Last?

RRR

Featured Posts

Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

WAP which is a Cardi song and Savage. What else?

Hot Girl Summer was big too, and let's move on from Megan because I legit am NOT her fan and did not even bring her up, this topic is about Doja, for all I care, Megan is the biggest flop in the entire world.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland
Just now, Lady Papa said:

Hot Girl Summer was big too, and let's move on from Megan because I legit am NOT her fan and did not even bring her up, this topic is about Doja, for all I care, Megan is the biggest flop in the entire world.

HGS has no better peaks than any of the songs I named first, in fact it has worse (and local) :yennefer:

OT: Yes Doja, yes longevity, yes versatility :applause:

Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

HGS has no better peaks than any of the songs I named first, in fact it has worse (and local) :yennefer:

OT: Yes Doja, yes longevity, yes versatility :applause:

Okay I hate how I got pigeonholed somehow into discussing Megan. Next time I will know better than to even put ha name on my lips :applause:

MaryJaneHolland

No hate to Megan tho, she's doing her thing and killing it (in The US). :applause:

LittleMonster20
2 minutes ago, Lady Papa said:

You do have to realize that part of Doja’s undeniable commercial success comes from the fact that she has a HUGE online following and has been famous for longer?

She didn’t just pop up out of nowhere with Juicy. She’s been active since at least 2014 and has been making music since her teenage years online. It’s just that everything she did before MOOO! kind of when overlooked like her first album. However after that video she went viral again and people ironically started taking her more serious and that’s how her succes grew. There’s nothing ‘one hit wonder’ about her.

2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

No hate to Megan tho, she's doing her thing and killing it (in The US). :applause:

If Doja releases another true iconic bop like Say So, I will stan her forever. Just right now... I haven't seen it :saladga:

1 minute ago, LittleMonster20 said:

You do have to realize that part of Doja’s undeniable commercial success comes from the fact that she has a HUGE online following and has been famous for longer?

She didn’t just pop up out of nowhere with Juicy. She’s been active since at least 2014 and has been making music since her teenage years online. It’s just that everything she did before MOOO! kind of when overlooked like her first album. However after that video she went viral again and people ironically started taking her more serious and that’s how her succes grew. There’s nothing ‘one hit wonder’ about her.

Doja has sexy energy and has potential to make wonderful songs, but a huge online following is pretty common these days... :fatcat: I pray for her

ToxicHot

Honestly...

She’s got great marketing: a cute/trendy image, obviously a big social media presence, and of course cool visuals (several music videos AND performances).

But as a RAPPER, she’s just not very good. :( I’m interested to see how long she stays relevant. I like a handful of her singles (and features) for sure, but honestly a lot of her album tracks are pretty bad/mediocre. As a female rapper, I’m proud of how far she’s come honestly in the mainstream scene, but if it weren’t for the memes about her.... :smh: 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Teletubby

I'm waiting for her collab with Katy Perry :party:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

President Biden
15 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

No other song from that movie has that many streams. It goes:

Boss Bitch: 400M

Diamonds (by the "hit after hit" rapper Megan :rip:): 32M

:yennefer:

Edit: Wait, even Sway With Me has more streams than the Megan song, 33M :rip: 

Edit 2: Nope, Joke's On You - 39M. Still 360M streams difference :yennefer:

Wb Experiment on Me

I got drunk

HuffsAhoy

I think she has potential. I initially dismissed her but her performance at the VMA's caught my attention and she's now a guilty pleasure. I'd be interested to see how she continues to evolve. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, President Biden said:

Wb Experiment on Me

11M only. Deserved better :vegas:

3 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

Honestly...

She’s got great marketing: a cute/trendy image, obviously a big social media presence, and of course cool visuals (several music videos AND performances).

But as a RAPPER, she’s just not very good. :( I’m interested to see how long she stays relevant. I like a handful of her singles (and features) for sure, but honestly a lot of her album tracks are pretty bad/mediocre. As a female rapper, I’m proud of how far she’s come honestly in the mainstream scene, but if it weren’t for the memes about her.... :smh: 

She sings just as good as she raps. If not better :)

LittleMonster20
Just now, Lady Papa said:

Doja has sexy energy and has potential to make wonderful songs, but a huge online following is pretty common these days... :fatcat: I pray for her

Doja’s talent is literally through the roof because she recently said she could literally make a song everyday of the week. If you went to her IG lives you could sometimes see her making songs (lyrics to the beats) all by herself and brushing off beautiful songs as demos. It’s beyond impressive and rare. 

I wouldn’t worry about her at all. Plus her online following has been consistent since she’s been famous for so long and she’s only gaining following since last year. Plus her new era is going to start very soon and the anticipation is there already. She’ll be fine.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived