💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Gaga still hate ‘Telephone’, song and video?

Kimmo

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galvon
4 minutes ago, Regina George said:

There’s many mistakes in shots.. Gaga’s outfits are styled differently when they’re supposed to be the same between shots, few scenes are flipped horizontally for some reason, it’s too fast paced together, people around are standing in totally different positions from scene to scene.. IDK those just come to mind from my memory.. There was also a 3 minute video containing all the mistakes in it and it was removed in like 2013-14 for some reason.

The only thing I can remember without watching atm, is Gaga's lipcolor changing from very dark red before she's in the *** Wagon with Beyonce to a brighter more carmine color red when she's in the *** Wagon. But that could be intentional.

Anderson123
2 hours ago, LittleMonster20 said:

She didn’t like the song because apparently she didn’t quite get along with the producer, Darkchild, and it was a messy process.

I don't think she had any problems with Darkchild since there's a vid of them having fun together in the studio. I think the whole process of getting it right and the music video trying to make it perfect is why reminds her of so much stress at that time.

LittleMonster20
1 minute ago, Anderson123 said:

I don't think she had any problems with Darkchild since there's a vid of them having fun together in the studio. I think the whole process of getting it right and the music video trying to make it perfect is why reminds her of so much stress at that time.

Maybe this was before? Also I think Akon’s involvement was the problem but you could be right. I don’t remember where I heard this rumor so it’s probably not true anyway.

GagaSine
46 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Then explain all the shelved projects that fans are excited for, but never heard again after the plan was said initially. Or the shelved LG5 to pursue her own spiritual journey with Joanne instead.

Obviously she can‘t run her career for the fans‘ taste but I think it‘s pretty clear that her & her team consider what they think the fans would like/how they would respond (but that doesn’t mean they guess right). She obsessively talks about making her fans happy in Interviews and hoping they love what she does, and personally I think that mentality holds back her artistry and creativity.

But that‘s just my opinion.

It‘s a balancing act for her, what she wants to do vs what will sell vs what her fans will like and I think that hinders her.

James Gibson

Yeah she said many times on not liking the song and the video soon after the release. And at artrave she barely sang it with the least enthusiasm.

Ever since the super bowl (which tbh i wasnt expecting to be performed) she included it with prominence in all her shows ever since and seemed to be more fine about it.

ShayCristoforo

Weird. It’s actually pretty popular and iconic but I get it. The lyrics are a little vacuous and basic in comparison to her more powerful songs. 

I don’t get why she hates the video though. Sure there’s corniness and product placement etc. but I think those elements really connect to the themes of busy-ness and noise, disruptions, etc. 

It’s a smart video imo. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Regina George
20 minutes ago, Galvon said:

The only thing I can remember without watching atm, is Gaga's lipcolor changing from very dark red before she's in the *** Wagon with Beyonce to a brighter more carmine color red when she's in the *** Wagon. But that could be intentional.

Watch it again and try to notice what I told u.. There’s much more

MonsterBall13

I remember she said she said she didn’t like the process Of making it but she said she felt bad hating it cuz of her and Beyoncé and she respects her 

Galvon
31 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Watch it again and try to notice what I told u.. There’s much more

O right I forgot about the moments Beyonce doesn't wear the yellow hat. But other than that I don't see a lot. Some dancers changing position don't bother me. I try to find horizontal fliped shots, but I don't see them.:shrug:

Fresco

Idk about Gaga, but I like the song, nothing wrong with it, imo.

The video went to plot scenes that the song never went anywhere near, and I frankly don't like in the video. In particular, the poisoning in the restaurant, is just too much. But whatevs, contoversy makes for views, I guess.

What I find interesting about the video is the over saturated color effects, like a very well-known movie of the time.

venuspop

I could've sworn I heard that she hated telephone because it was a meaningless generic pop song... :saladga:

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

The Z
2 hours ago, venuspop said:

I could've sworn I heard that she hated telephone because it was a meaningless generic pop song... :saladga:

I don't think so... otherwise she would hate Just Dance and a few other songs as well

Oriane

Yes, she said it was also because of the circumstances surrounding the creation of the song and the video. I understand this feeling now.

Personally I'm not a fan of the song but I really like the video (I love Tarantino so obviously, since it's been heavily influenced by him, I love this too).

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

7 hours ago, Kimmo said:

E1-B63-CF3-BE04-4-F1-B-89-E7-1694-AC1643

“There are so many ideas in that video and all I see in that video is my brain throbbing with ideas and I wish I had edited myself a little bit more.” 

I mean I don’t really like the video but the song still slaps and She performed it at the Super Bowl and is part of almost all of her tour set lists. I wonder if she still feels the same dislike feeling she had for the Song and Video as she explained in that interview... 

Like your signature; Tragic. :toofunny:

Archived