💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Gaga still hate ‘Telephone’, song and video?

Kimmo

Featured Posts

The Fame Monster

”I know a lot of stories about Lady Gaga...”
- Donald Trump

Maybe we should ask him?

Find your freedom in the music

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gerrard174

Sometimes you all have to understand that, an artist not necessarily will love every single song they put out. And most of the times, they hate their biggest hits. Imagine u have to sing and dance to it gazabillion times.

You eventually grow sick of it

LittleMonster20
8 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

wow never heard that, they worked on quite a few songs together so that's a shame. I thought it was that she didn't like the whole legal side of having to get the song back from Britney

7 minutes ago, Cookie Woman said:

Do you remember where you heard this?

I think it wasn’t necessarily Gaga that didn’t get along with Darkchild, but Akon was involved and he and Darkchild had some issues and I think it led to the process being unpleasant for her. Something like that. I don’t remember any specific source.

Regina George
40 minutes ago, Galvon said:

I actually love the way the video is edited. It really fits the instrumental. Like every beat is a moment. Same goes for Poker Face, Paparazzi and most of her older video's.

I guess it's just a perfectionism kinda thing. As an artist you see all the ''flaws'' in your work, while outsiders don't see it. She probably wanted the video to be even longer or have all these ideas more time to shine. But 

That video is full of technical mistakes and editing is pretty bad. Still iconic and one of her best videos. 

RAMROD

She still put it on her Joane tour and ENIGMA song list, so IDK if she really hate that song so much :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

pachinko
59 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

She also said it had nothing to do with the song & video themselves, it's just that the whole creative process was very stressful for her

So no, I don't think she still hates it

She hates Beyonce confirmed.

tylerjs

Wait, was it an absolute fever dream that Telephone was originally made for Britney and Gaga ended up with it and tweaked it? I’m reading the room and feeling that’s not the case but I swear I have been living with that as the reality of Telephone in my head all these years wtf

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

Sarah H
9 minutes ago, soularpower said:

Wait, was it an absolute fever dream that Telephone was originally made for Britney and Gaga ended up with it and tweaked it? I’m reading the room and feeling that’s not the case but I swear I have been living with that as the reality of Telephone in my head all these years wtf

From wiki

"Telephone" was originally written by Gaga for singer Britney Spears' sixth studio album, Circus, but Spears rejected it. Later, Gaga recorded the song as a collaboration with Beyoncé for The Fame Monster. Gaga said, "I wrote it for her [Spears] a long time ago and she just didn't use it for her album.

RAMROD
10 minutes ago, soularpower said:

Gaga didn't "ended up with it", the song is hers all along, she wrote it for Britney for Circus recording session, demo was made, but Britney and her record label ultimately didn't use it, Gaga don't want to go waste then using it herself.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Gorehound
1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

I mean I don’t really like the video but the song still slaps and She performed it at the Super Bowl and is part of almost all of her tour set lists. I wonder if she still feels the same dislike feeling she had for the Song and Video as she explained in that interview... 

See I'm the opposite. I like the video and think it's great fun and very Gaga (could probably have used a bit of a touch up but it's a great example of Gaga's 'shockpop' catalogue), but I find the song very mediocre and honestly quite irritating to listen to.

I'm fine, Ta

The Z
39 minutes ago, Regina George said:

That video is full of technical mistakes and editing is pretty bad. Still iconic and one of her best videos. 

What technical mistakes? 

(not asking in a shady way, I'm genuinely curious cause I never noticed them) 

Galvon
39 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Full of technical mistakes? Which ones are you talking about and why you think the editing is bad?

JohnDeWayne

I always found it interesting how Telephone is such a fan favorite. To me it's a very mediocre pop song. I always preferred Video Phone as far as Gaga/Bey collabs go. 

1 hour ago, HuffsAhoy said:

If she hates it why does she insist on ruining every tour set list by singing the song :yennefer:

sponsors require songs on tours, maybe that's the case

or she knows that gays love this bop 

Archived