💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Cardi B deactivates Twitter amid backlash over doll release

Teletubby

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, Jill said:

The basic premise of fans not understanding the singer doesn't owe them sh!t is the same

Ehmmm well its the artists job to create art (in this case music), and the reason why she is where she is today is because of music and that her fans are fans of her music and her as a person. So in a way, yeah she does cause it is her job. 

They are people, but it's her job to entertain.

End Racism Now

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jill
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

I mean, yeah it has success. But most fans are here for the music - not something like make up. Make up products are way more expensive than a full LP at full price. The make up market is lucrative and it doesn’t take the same number of people who buy or stream music to make the make up products a success.

But is it groundbreaking? No. The make up offers nothing new to the beauty world and many MUAs have said this. Don't get me wrong... the photoshoots from it look incredible.

The number one thing that people are looking for from Gaga is music, followed by more acting roles, then the other stuff like make up. I genuinely think most fans don’t care THAT much about Haus Labs compared to if Gaga dropped a new album

But she's a person, and many of us began to stan her because she wasn't doing what people were expecting of her in terms of anything, she was doing what she wanted to do, and that was a trademark of hers, something we could all stand behind. But I find it funny the moment she released something that was completely different from the sound she made before, like Joanne, or something that wasn't related to music, like a movie or a make up brand, people just lose their sht. It's not about fans stanning her because she's independent and not like everyone else, it's about fans stanning her because they think 'being different' is doing the same thing over and over again.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

xoxo Craig

OT: I think Cardi overreacted a bit... I thought there was something wrong with the doll lmao

End Racism Now

Bonkers

I recommend watching that instead of just reading the transcipt 

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Jill
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

Ehmmm well its the artists job to create art (in this case music), and the reason why she is where she is today is because of music and that her fans are fans of her music and her as a person. So in a way, yeah she does cause it is her job. 

They are people, but it's her job to entertain.

The artists job is to express themselves, whether it is to an audience or to themselves. The reason she is where she is today is arguably the hits of the TF/M eras, so should she make glam pop during the entirety of her career? If you apply this theory to her entire career, there would be no movies, no C2C, nothing that even slightly compromises her early image of the plastic IT girl that brought her worlwide attention.

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Jill said:

But she's a person, and many of us began to stan her because she wasn't doing what people were expecting of her in terms of anything, she was doing what she wanted to do, and that was a trademark of hers, something we could all stand behind. But I find it funny the moment she released something that was completely different from the sound she made before, like Joanne, or something that wasn't related to music, like a movie or a make up brand, people just lose their sht. It's not about fans stanning her because she's independent and not like everyone else, it's about fans stanning her because they think 'being different' is doing the same thing over and over again.

Being different is not releasing a quick cash grab beauty line which is exactly what many people are doing :huntyga:   Her personality and her art as musician is why we stan. Her being different and out of the box is why we stan. We don't stan her because we are so into make up or the way she looks. Though she looks amazing, but its not the reason why we are all here. 

End Racism Now

Jill
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

Being different is not releasing a quick cash grab beauty line which is exactly what many people are doing :huntyga:   Her personality and her art as musician is why we stan. Her being different and out of the box is why we stan. We don't stan her because we are so into make up or the way she looks. Though she looks amazing, but its not the reason why we are all here. 

We're under capitalism sweetie. Everything can be considered a "quick grash grab" :huntyga:

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, Jill said:

The artists job is to express themselves, whether it is to an audience or to themselves. The reason she is where she is today is arguably the hits of the TF/M eras, so should she make glam pop during the entirety of her career? If you apply this theory to her entire career, there would be no movies, no C2C, nothing that even slightly compromises her early image of the plastic IT girl that brought her worlwide attention.

To express themselves artistically, yes. Artistically through music and acting. Not some make-up brand. 

End Racism Now

Morphine Prince

"How am I supposed to be rich? How am I supposed to build my net worth?"

Me when deciding if to get avocado on my Chipotle order

I really want her to just stop listening and whining about everything they say about her in twitter. I stopped following her because everyday she was in an argument with some random troll/fan/person that said/asked/criticized something related to her and she did not like that. 

I sometimes think that she is just not aware that she is a famous person and thats why she always respond. 

Love Cardi. I actually love that gaga has haus  labs to earn money for herself but the brand definitely needs to exude more gaga personality from the products 

Luke78619

Oh Cardi, you must’ve realised by now that it’ll never stop, no matter if you deactivate your accounts, or evening if you release new music :bradley: 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

insight

This social media interaction creates the illusion that fans own the artist and that the artist owes the fans whatever to keep them happy. 

Never understood this kind of logic nor artists who are actively pandering to their fanbase for approval and streams.

Hades

There is a pandemic going on. We're literally losing our jobs and yet people complain about stupid things like a Cardi B album or a ****ing doll. 

🤦

Archived