• Slovak
    • Sorbian
    • Slovene
    • Serbo-Croatian
    • Bulgarian/ Macedonian

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF
Just now, BABYL0N said:

Since weā€˜re talking about that Iā€˜ve always wondered if these languages are similar or the same one just with different pronunciations and dialect? Can anyone educateĀ me

Depending on geographical closeness, many are quite inteligible with one another. Czech and Slovak for instance.Ā 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gabi001
6 minutes ago, BABYL0N said:

Since weā€˜re talking about that Iā€˜ve always wondered if these languages are similar or the same one just with different pronunciations and dialect? Can anyone educateĀ me

They are independent languages, each has own grammar and vocabulary, but they are also quite similar, because Slavic languages started to evolve into separated languages quite recently.Ā Because of geographical and historical closenessĀ of slavic nations the languages are often intelegible. My native language is Slovak, but I can understand Czech withou any problems, I also live and study in Czechia and at the University I can do exams and write papers in Slovak and my Czech teachers don't have any problems with that and they can understand me perfectly.

I'm not having fun tonight.

MoonIight
15 minutes ago, BABYL0N said:

They are quite similar since I can understand Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian/Montenegrin and a bit of Bulgarian as well (talking about South Slavic languages).

Queen Gloria

I want to learn Russian

River

I speak Sokovian, I don't see this option

Je ne parle pas franƧais but I can padam if you like

27monster27
13 minutes ago, StarryNight said:

Why?Ā :oprah:

I have family from Serbia, and I would like to be able to visit the country one day.

he/him/his

StarryNight
6 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

I have family from Serbia, and I would like to be able to visit the country one day.

Oh that's great, hopefully you'll visit our country soon.Ā 

Š”Š¾Š±Ń€Š¾ Š“Š¾ŃˆŠ°Š¾Ā :tony:

FfFfFfFF
5 minutes ago, Lemonky said:

https://hr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srpskohrvatski_jezik

It is a term usually used by extremists who want to claim Croats as Serbs and therefore is offensive.

It roots from the fact that Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian and Montenegrin are standardised versions of the same dialect. ThisĀ is the non-nationalist worldwideĀ view on the issue.

I am neutral on the subject and don't want to make propaganda in either direction but it's agreed that Serbo-Croatian is a single Language. It would be more extremist to call it simply Serbian instead of Serbo-Croatian.

FameMonster01
11 minutes ago, Lemonky said:

https://hr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srpskohrvatski_jezik

It is a term usually used by extremists who want to claim Croats as Serbs and therefore is offensive.

Dude I'm Croatian, Serbo-Croatian is aĀ pluricentricĀ language with multiple dialects, (Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian) etc

Technically each of these is a language on its own, however they form the serbo-croatian continuumĀ 

FameMonster01

And yes, i speak Serbo-Croatian, but can also understand macedonian, slovene, and a little bit of bulgarian and russian

Archived