đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Kings of Leon to offer new album as a non-fungible token

Teletubby

Featured Posts

holy scheisse
20 minutes ago, NewUsername said:

My question was can't I just screenshot the digital art and I own it for free, so what's the point in buying it? And this article appealed to my brain bc they address that directly lmao 

It seems like it's just a way for rich people to flex/invest in things that may or may not pay off in the end? Still dgi :wtfga:

Teletubby
5 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

It seems like it's just a way for rich people to flex/invest in things that may or may not pay off in the end? Still dgi :wtfga:

money laundering for rich

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

alsemanche

Okay I just read about it and this has got to be the most useless thing ever :derpga: 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

likeitrough
39 minutes ago, whoresup said:

I don’t understand what this means.

Can someone explain :mark:

36 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

What is fungible, what is cryptocurrency, WHAT IS THIS :air:

it's hard to grasp for me also but I read this little thing the other day that tried explaining it with a metaphor:

there's only 1 Mona Lisa painting. sure you can go to the Louvre and take a photo of the painting but that photo won't be worth what the actual Mona Lisa painting is worth. 

now imagine a digital version of the painting. it can be copied, screenshot or shared between friends but there'll only be 1 original file; a NFT (non-fungible token) worth money. 

alsemanche
4 minutes ago, likeitrough said:

it's hard to grasp for me also but I read this little thing the other day that tried explaining it with a metaphor:

there's only 1 Mona Lisa painting. sure you can go to the Louvre and take a photo of the painting but that photo won't be worth what the actual Mona Lisa painting is worth. 

now imagine a digital version of the painting. it can be copied, screenshot or shared between friends but there'll only be 1 original file; a NFT (non-fungible token) worth money. 

Yeah this is basically it. It's like selling original artworks but digitally. Basically rich people stuff lmao

Actually, not just rich people. I'm fine with small artists doing this but rich people selling stuff to get richer is just....

Soft, soothing, and succulent

ZiggyZiggs
14 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

My question was can't I just screenshot the digital art and I own it for free, so what's the point in buying it? And this article appealed to my brain bc they address that directly lmao 

See but that’s the thing you don’t own it. You just have a screenshot. Now if you try to sell that screenshot you can get sued. That’s the whole point. Ownership.

Teletubby
11 minutes ago, likeitrough said:

but NFT are often sell in more than just one copy. Kings of Leon are selling 1000 qty of each of their logos.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

likeitrough
5 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

but NFT are often sell in more than just one copy. Kings of Leon are selling 1000 qty of each of their logos.

it was just an example. there's only 1 Mona Lisa :enigma:

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, likeitrough said:

it was just an example. there's only 1 Mona Lisa :enigma:

Hide contents

erm...

holy scheisse
59 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

See but that’s the thing you don’t own it. You just have a screenshot. Now if you try to sell that screenshot you can get sued. That’s the whole point. Ownership.

Right so it's just about investing

ZiggyZiggs
17 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Right so it's just about investing

Yep basically. Just how all these labels own an artist’s masters. Some of them are selling it back to the artist/ other folk for a **** ton of money. Take scooter Braun/ Taylor controversy. He bought her masters and he owned it hoping for a huge return in future streams etc. Same thing here. It’s all about ownership.

I read another story about a guy who bought a digital art featuring trump for like $70K and then sold it for $6 mil.

Leblanc

Honestly this is gunna blow up even more, it's just a matter of time, I kinda didn't see it happening this quick.

Makes me wanna invest more in crypto, there's a chance for regular people to make lots of money. I just hope it doesn't become a pawn for the rich.

I always let the good ones go

Archived