💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you speak a neo-Latin Language?

FfFfFfFF

Do you speak a neo-Latin Language?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you speak a neo-Latin Language?

• Spanish, Portuguese, Galician, Asturleonese/Mirandese, Aragonese
    • Occitan, Gascon
    • Catalan
    • French, Franco-Provençal
    • Italian, Tuscan, Romanesco, Corsican, Sassarese, Sicilian, Neapolitan
    • Piedmontese, Ligurian, Lombard, Emilian-Romagnol
    • Romansh, Ladin, Friulian
    • Tuscan, Lati-Umbric
    • Sardinian
    • Romanian

Featured Posts

ARTPOP BALL

Yeah, I speak Spanish which is my native one and I also speak a bit of french (I've almost forgot everything of french after studying it for six years:bradley:)

I'm addicted to delusion

brizoda
6 hours ago, Andreu said:

yep the most beautiful one which is Catalan :ladyhaha:

and then Occitan and aragonese

My grandmother spoke aragonese

Oriane

Yep, the most beautiful one which is French :flutter:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

My first language is Spanish, but now my brain keeps mixing Spanish and English so 90% of the time I just speak gibberish  :enigma:

(And I know basic French)

alsemanche

My primary language is Arabic and my secondary one is English but I also know French cause I went to a French school (and I used to know Spanish but I forgot most of it :bradley:)

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Kadikaado

Yes, I speak brazilian portuguese. <3

I love the sound of galician, sounds like charming brazilian portuguese accent, it sounds really lovely to me.

8 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Greek and Portuguese are both part of the Indo-European group (as in, Latin derives from a version of Indo-European and so does Greek) but they are not part of the same sub-family. There is the neo-Latin subgroup and the Greek subfamily (which doesn't include other Language but Greek). Genetically, neo-Latin Languages are more related to Irish and the other Celtic Languages because it's theoretized that Latin itself was somehow related to the Celtic Languages.

Greek itself has some influences from Latin though (same as Albanian). However, in Greece in some areas the Aromanian and Meglenoromanian dialects of the Romanian are spoken. Those itself are very interesting and there is a lot of speculation about their origin but I already talked too much. :poot: Basically we don't know if they're people from Romania proper that migrated there or ancestral population from the Roman times.

So, Greek and Portugese are not part of the same subfamily but the same Indo-European family, that also includes English, Russian, Hindu etc.

Funny and useless facts: the original people that live in Portugal and north of Spain were very related to the celtics, it comes from a different branch, but every thing was really close, Portugal's name is suposed to come from Portus Cailleach. BTW the name Galicia comes from it as well, many words inn the portuguese cames from the celtic language. 

My father's family comes from the north of Portugal, so I read a bit about their history, the origin of our last name (a river that the greeks thought was the river Lethe in the underworld and avoided entering it) and all.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

FfFfFfFF
Just now, Kadikaado said:

Yes, I speak brazilian portuguese. <3

I love the sound of galician, sounds like charming brazilian portuguese accent, it sounds really lovely to me.

Funny and useless facts: the original people that live in Portugal and north of Spain were very related to the celtics, it comes from a different branch, but every thing was really close, Portugal's name is suposed to come from Portus Cailleach. BTW the name Galicia comes from it as well, many words inn the portuguese cames from the celtic language. 

My father's family comes from the north of Portugal, so I read a bit about their history, the origin of our last name (a river that the greeks thought was the river Lethe in the underworld and avoided entering it) and all.

I know and it's not useless! Some Celtic Languages were spoken in continental Western Europe up until the Middle Ages I believe. Some even go as far as classifying Galicia as a Celtic nation like Wales, Ireland, Scotland etc but that's debatable.

The entire Europe has some Celtic history, even Anatolia.

LateToCult

Here’s something kind of wild. There are potentially more Spanish speakers in Greater Los Angeles than there are people in Spain’s second largest metropolitan area (Barcelona). 

Nathaniel Arven

only French, but I'd like to speak Spanish, and learn a bit of Romanian too. 

FfFfFfFF

Fun fact: all the Languages voted are from the Western Romance branch (which doesn't include Oriental Southern Italian dialects or Romanian).

Monstruomexicano

Mi idioma es el español. Comprendo el inglés pero no me animo a escribir en el foro por la razón de que no domino a la totalidad el idioma. Así que sólo entro a leer los temas y comentarios de los demás. :yennefer:

Creo que esta será mi única publicación por acá. 

Archived