Jump to content

Chromatica out now

💌 monthly fan mail 💌
movie

Disney cancels lgbt+ Animated film “Nimona” that was 75% done


BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • RichAssPiss

    6

  • BUtterfield 8

    5

  • RAMROD

    2

  • Jose P

    2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Uhm guys this has nothing to do with the fact it was LGBT+, it has to do with the fact they closed Blue Sky Studios because it was really unnecessary for them to have another animation studio apart fr

75% completed...  Just finish it and release it on Disney + if you don't care about it  What a waste of time and money 

LG2008

75% completed... :selena:

Just finish it and release it on Disney + if you don't care about it :enigma:

What a waste of time and money :air:

Edited by LG2008
  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
ThisGuyTony

Of course there’s tweets like “this isn’t for children” or “stop pushing LGBT+ on kids.” :smh: 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
LaLuna

EDIT: Nevermind.

 

Edited by LaLuna
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quartz

Wasn't the kid in inside out bi or something.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SetMeFree
9 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Of course there’s tweets like “this isn’t for children” or “stop pushing LGBT+ on kids.” :smh: 

but when I was a child they wouldn't stop pushing heterosexuality on kids :saladga:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Phantomhive

It's funny how Disney always claims to be inclusive but are struggling to put out content that centers around lgbtq+ characters. They must really think they did something by making a throwaway gay character like LeFou and decided it was enough. :billie:

"I am the Swarm. Armies will be shattered. Worlds will burn."
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Reality

The coverage of this is a little misleading. They didn't cancel the film itself. They shut down the studio that was working on the film, so every movie they were working on got trashed. 

It is sad though. We definitely need more LGBTQ representation, especially when it comes to companies like Disney. They can do a lot.

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒸𝒶𝓇𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 ᱬ // GOᗪ Oᖴ ᗰIᔕᑕᕼIEᖴ ४ // 𝕊𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕦𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕖 ۞
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BUtterfield 8
8 minutes ago, Jill said:

Uhm guys this has nothing to do with the fact it was LGBT+, it has to do with the fact they closed Blue Sky Studios because it was really unnecessary for them to have another animation studio apart from Disney Animation, Pixar, and 20th Century Animation. I even made a thread about it :poot: 

 

It's not like we're 100% sure they won't create another film with the franchise, but let's not relate this obviously corporate reestructuring with LGBT struggles. Let's focus on the real threats that actually are related to the community.

 

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

The coverage of this is a little misleading. They didn't cancel the film itself. They shut down the studio that was working on the film, so every movie they were working on got trashed. 

It is sad though. We definitely need more LGBTQ representation, especially when it comes to companies like Disney. They can do a lot.

Fake news!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Harper
Just now, BUtterfield 8 said:

Fake news!

?? :poot: 

  • LMAO 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Reality
1 minute ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

 

Fake news!

??:poot:

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒸𝒶𝓇𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 ᱬ // GOᗪ Oᖴ ᗰIᔕᑕᕼIEᖴ ४ // 𝕊𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕦𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕖 ۞
  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chromatography
41 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

Cancelling a movie that's 75% done? And claiming it's because of the current economic context?

Come On Reaction GIF

 

girl they shut down the whole studio, not just cancel a movie.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
HuffsAhoy

Misleading anti-Disney propaganda, they did not cancel anything.

Rain on Me
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PartySick locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...