đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Madonna - Nothing Really Matters HD

Joshua James

Featured Posts

Ricardo

this is one of my favorite Madonna's video

BUT where is What it feels like for a girl in HD a.k.a her best video to date :grr:

Fresco

Does anyone know why the person got stripes painted on their back and then fell over?

2 hours ago, flavio said:

Will we then have a much-needed Madonna & Lady Gaga collab ? :ally:

200.gif

ballerios

i'm wonderin how they made her old video became hd? are they diggin up the masters or what?

Evil R
1 hour ago, Fresco said:

Does anyone know why the person got stripes painted on their back and then fell over?

In the video Madonna plays a geisha, inspired by Arthur Golden's book Memoirs of a Geisha. Madonna wanted to represent herself as the one of the book's characters, Hatsumomo. She is surrounded by Japanese men and women who seem to be her followers. Madonna's followers all treasure false forms of love, represented by the bags of water that Madonna holds at the beginning of the video, but that is not what really matters. Slowly they get the insight, symbolized with the people rising in the air. Madonna herself is shown walking and dancing through a long corridor with angular movements; she is smiling, frowning, laughing...she is losing her mind. Eventually, she realizes that she cannot be the only one, she is being 'replaced' and her era is ending. Blackstrpies painted on her back represents her end/death.

"Looking at my life
It's very clear to me
I lived so selfishly
I was the only one

I realize
That nobody wins
Something is ending
And something begins"

Also music video has four elements in it; water inside plastic bags, fire dancer, air represented by flying dancers and earth represented by big wooden block.

Fresco

The Geisha book sounds interesting. 

I thought the song was about having children, represented by the baby holding pose,  and after that truly loving them as much as herself.  

It seems the video has added another dimension that I would not have expected from the lyrics.

Quartz

So weeeeeird. Madonna back then... I respect.

Inside, we are really made the same. đź•Š

Evil R
11 hours ago, Fresco said:

The Geisha book sounds interesting. 

I thought the song was about having children, represented by the baby holding pose,  and after that truly loving them as much as herself.  

It seems the video has added another dimension that I would not have expected from the lyrics.

You're right. At that time, Madonna had her first child and she devoted her Ray of Light album to her. At the beginning of the video, we see Madonna holding the plastic bag like a baby and she sings these lines:

"When I was very young, nothing really mattered to me but making myself happy. I was the only one. Now that I am grown, everything's changed. I'll never be the same because of you"

These are clearly for her daughter as well as the other lyrics.

I guess they wanted to add another dimension to song by introducing Memoirs of a Geisha theme with the video. This gave the song itself double entendre.

Humberto77rj
13 hours ago, lance13 said:

This song and video are EVERYTHING!  Love it so much!

YES!!!! Such a shame it didn't chart well. In the US, I mean. The remixes are AMAZING!!!!!!

Archived