Billboard to count Facebook videos into the Hot 100

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C1trus
1 hour ago, jacs vs looser said:

I feel it should be at least 1 minute, but however long it is there should definitely be a different way of counting views for MVs. 

Agreed. The fact that a video there could get a view just by a little seconds of autoplay is fraudulent imo. 

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

nswain1110

I remember when Kelly Clarkson’s live American Idol performance of Piece By Piece blew up on Facebook. It would have went number one if this rule was in place back then. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

Judas Oyster

How is this happening now? It seems fishy. It's one of the oldest social media platforms and has had videos for many years...

2 hours ago, CameltoeKween said:

Doubt the 12 views Facebook will generate will make a difference for anyone in the industry :billie:

Sorry but isn't facebook the biggest social media platform lmao

Cameltoe Chariot
57 minutes ago, Rio said:

Sorry but isn't facebook the biggest social media platform lmao

Maybe for bots and racist Americans :billie:

My point was that that demographic that streams music videos and other digital content isn't really on Facebook - anyone who works in social media would agree. It seems like a weird move to suddenly include them for Billboard chart placements :awkney:

nikola

Problem with this is that facebook coilunts autoplays... so half of views would be kinda fake.... 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Gerrard174

There's gonna be more no.1 debuts.

From this day onwards, popular artists eg ariana, justin bieber,taylor swift gonna have #1 debuts from every album they have.

This will only be good for those artists with inmature and annoying fans. Watch BTS and Blackpink dominate the cahrts without effort. 

this would have helped us enormously when the Million Reasons performances were going viral all over facebook :air: and also when Shallow performances were mega viral on facebook :air: Shallow could have had multiple weeks at #1 on the Hot 100 :air: oh well  

androiduser

you do realize these rules will be the same for everyone, right? Big stars like Gaga can only profit from these, more than others

SEANGT

Surely they are considering what counts as a view right....?? Facebook and instagram posts count a video view as anyone that had it loaded on their screen for even a moment lol. that's why those numbers are always so high. 

TEANUS

Imagine Shallow’s #1 run when Facebook uploads of the Enigma performance with Bradley and the Oscars performance were generating millions of views

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Archived