Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Billboard to count Facebook videos into the Hot 100

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

r4therupbeat

are you fff kidding me?  a video on Facebook can get 10 views from just scrolling passed it

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

Who goes to Facebook to watch music videos? Why is this even necessary? It's not like there's a significant amount of "streams" being lost lol

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

LG2008

So... No bundles but Facebook views :oprah: :ladyhaha:

This has to be a joke... 

EDIT: Wait... Did artists made bundles for single sales? Or only for albums? :billie: Nvm... Still a joke to me

TimisaMonster
1 minute ago, LG2008 said:

So... No bundles but Facebook views :oprah: :ladyhaha:

This has to be a joke... 

The past 7 years of the music industry have been a joke...changes in sales rules, streaming, etc

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

vyniildisk
3 minutes ago, River said:

I mean, we still use GGD so we better shh :laughga:

but GGD is a beautiful temple of wisdom and intellectual discovery while facebook feels more like a family thing, the place where you would find your aunt, your teachers, seriously who wants that?

i never understood facebook, i know twitter have its faults and a bad reputation but i find it way smoother and practical

maybe facebook is different now, I don't know. it's been years since i log in

i had to stop because some members of my family are very noisy and slightly annoying.

jacs vs looser
15 minutes ago, C1trus said:

If that's the case,  they should only consider the views if they're at least 30 seconds. 

I feel it should be at least 1 minute, but however long it is there should definitely be a different way of counting views for MVs. 

Gaga Lazuli

Waiting for tik toks that contain a song to be counted as well 😍

Little Monsters Torture Me

Warning

FB literally does not count if you watch entire video or few secs and you hit refresh :laughga:let the fraud views come thru I guess :ohwell:

CannaeDrive

This is getting beyond ridiculous, Billboard charts are such a joke now.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

ThisGuyTony

I can’t wait for Billboard to go away and we won’t have to worry about our faves “flopping.” :rip: 

StrawberryBlond

I've never used FB but I hear so many people now saying no one uses it anymore. I do know that no one's bugged me in the longest time for not having an account there so maybe it's nowhere near as popular as it once was. Been hearing that it's just an older generation who are still into it so will counting views for current music videos by young artists make a dent? And I wonder if Katy's fuming over this? If predictions were to be believed at the time, wouldn't Smile (the song) have gone to #5 if FB views counted? Then she would've had a top ten from the Smile era. But people would have called that position out as bogus so I don't see how it would have benefited her. I can't believe this change is going to happen after all these years. Such a change should've been implemented back when streaming was incorporated. To do this for FB views when FB has majorly fallen in power as a platform is just outdated and bizarre. And the fact that the site apparently counts views if you've just scrolled past a video means this isn't a fair system at all.

Dutch

I was about to say the more sources they use, the more accurate it would be (also more options for bots to hack), but then I realised FB indeed counts auto plays too.

River
35 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

but GGD is a beautiful temple of wisdom and intellectual discovery while facebook feels more like a family thing, the place where you would find your aunt, your teachers, seriously who wants that?

i never understood facebook, i know twitter have its faults and a bad reputation but i find it way smoother and practical

maybe facebook is different now, I don't know. it's been years since i log in

i had to stop because some members of my family are very noisy and slightly annoying.

I know what u mean

I have a fb account just to stfu the family but I open it only at birthdays and holidays to.. stfu the family.

but daily, family, friends and others goes to whatsapp groups for me, it's a much better bonding way than fb

twitter I use for hmm other things, I have a fake account for that :laughga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

vyniildisk
1 minute ago, River said:

twitter I use for hmm other things, I have a fake account for that :laughga:

to troll in pop stans accounts? gotchaa  200.gif

Archived