vyniildisk

baddest era  

122 members have voted

1. 1. popstar baddie era

• Blackout

Featured Posts

JohnnyVersace
8 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I mean, not really. The Fame was an era establishing herself as not your average blonde pop girl. It was about being outside of the box. The VMAs 2009 performance is the epitome of this. Singing a song about the paparazzi while reminding everyone what can happen to starts once their lives are robbed from them. Was it rebellious? In a way yeah, but it was more telling a story through a theatrical performance. The Fame Monster was kind of an extention of this. BTW was more about liberation and loving yourself for who you are. But the era wasn't that rebellious apart from a couple of moments where she was like "I'm gonna do me and wear my leather in downtown New York".

But ARTPOP took it further with fashion, with her general attitude, and the way she presented herself during that era. People were wanting "TFMga" for ARTPOP, the one who sang Telephone, the one who was easy to read. And yet Gaga didn't allow that for ARTPOP. Her performances, her fashion, the wigs, the avant-garde pieces, the whole Abramovic stuff... she was doing things that were out of the box for Gaga. She was even more rebellious in this era. And I think that's why people didn't get it... and maybe the reason why Gaga couldn't explain it. 

You don't think BTW was rebellious? She literally put it all on the line for the LGBTQ community, ready to face the backlash. And in terms of fashion - the face horns, the egg, the latex, goo, I mean I could go on and on. And then the music itself was unlike anything of the time - drawing inspo from Springsteen, stadium rock, 80s/90s Madonna, Euro house. 

What you mention about AP is no different than her rebelling with every album cycle. Even Joanne is "rebellious" in her taking on the cowgirl persona. We've seen wigs, avant-garde fashion and art-inspiration for her entire career. I'd argue the most rebellious thing about ARTPOP was actually the Saint Laurent flannel and the inclusion of Jewel's N Drugs.

My point is, every Gaga era is rebellious and against the grain. That's what her career was founded on.  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vyniildisk
42 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

When you're having a baddie era, there needs to be an element of MESS, and Ms. Swift simply did not bring that. :lolly:

this i SUPER AGREE! there's have to be some messiness! some chaotic energy there

Katy always had perfect eras too, even with Witness she delivered till the end, tour and everything

For example, i think Dua will never have a messy era, she strikes me as this clean, perfectionist type like Taylor

xoxo Craig
7 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

You don't think BTW was rebellious? She literally put it all on the line for the LGBTQ community, ready to face the backlash. And in terms of fashion - the face horns, the egg, the latex, goo, I mean I could go on and on. And then the music itself was unlike anything of the time - drawing inspo from Springsteen, stadium rock, 80s/90s Madonna, Euro house. 

What you mention about AP is no different than her rebelling with every album cycle. Even Joanne is "rebellious" in her taking on the cowgirl persona. We've seen wigs, avant-garde fashion and art-inspiration for her entire career. I'd argue the most rebellious thing about ARTPOP was actually the Saint Laurent flannel and the inclusion of Jewel's N Drugs.

My point is, every Gaga era is rebellious and against the grain. That's what her career was founded on.  

I agree with the bolded part. But I think it was more so evident in ARTPOP, and if anyone was to point out an era (who may/may not be a fan), I think they'd pick ARTPOP

End Racism Now

JohnnyVersace
24 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

this i SUPER AGREE! there's have to be some messiness! some chaotic energy there

Katy always had perfect eras too, even with Witness she delivered till the end, tour and everything

For example, i think Dua will never have a messy era, she strikes me as this clean, perfectionist type like Taylor

Totally! I think if Dua had a baddie era, it'd be really clean and stylized like Reputation. 

vyniildisk
51 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Totally! I think if Dua had a baddie era, it'd be really clean and stylized like Reputation. 

you are on a roll today Johnny! exhuding bad bitxh energy and we love to see it :sis:

Taylucifer

reputation is my girl who got me into music in general, blackout was before my time

1989 (TV) is out NOW

VasilisVas

Blackout era is more iconic than anything Taylor has ever done in her entire career. I said what I said. :oops:

ELECTROHEART

Obviously Britney's, it felt more authentic than the other desperate :gaysia:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

MANiCURE 6

Reputation as an album has like.. 3-4 badass songs 👀 The others are juste regular Taytay

so Blackout is better

Archived