vyniildisk

baddest era  

122 members have voted

1. 1. popstar baddie era

• Blackout

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig
41 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

so what is your favourite bad bitxh era of all time? let me guess.....

Thank you next? because of 7 rings and Break Up with Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored 

That era exhuded bad bitxh energy but the first single fvck it all up

TUN wasn't a 'bad girl' era. I'd say Witness by Katy Perry, ARTPOP by Gaga, and Confident by Demi 

End Racism Now

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vyniildisk
20 minutes ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

Blackout, and it is no contest.

Gimme More Blackout GIF by Britney Spears

tumblr_lqfvjpV2yQ1qh9q22o1_500.gif

Anderson123
1 hour ago, Dulo Peep said:

not funny no GIF

lmao alternative indie kween did that i guess (along with Donatella :sis:)

I mean it's pop music after all, she's not Björk. ARTPOP and Born This Way still took more risks than Blackout, Rated R and obviously Reputation.

vyniildisk
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

TUN wasn't a 'bad girl' era. I'd say Witness by Katy Perry, ARTPOP by Gaga, and Confident by Demi 

witness?ARTPOP? CONFIDENT?!!! giphy.gif 

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Dulo Peep said:

ARTPOP was a big fck you to the world and to pop culture standards, and it was pretty rebellious in nature at times. So was Witness, and Confident also had that vibe

End Racism Now

Agunimon
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

ARTPOP was a big fck you to the world and to pop culture standards

This is a prominent narrative people like to share but how exactly what it a big **** you to the world and pop culture standards? She included Jewels and Drugs which is dragged / skipped by a lot of her biggest fans. Other than that it was a pretty typical electro pop record and her fashion was still the same exact more vibrant with colors...

vyniildisk
15 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I mean it's pop music after all, she's not Björk. ARTPOP and Born This Way still took more risks than Blackout, Rated R and obviously Reputation.

14 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

i just think you guys are mistaking what a bad bitxh is, at least in the most literal way

ARTPOP was maybe different, yes a little rebellious, over the top, risky? questionable (maybe for some people) but i even think she was more of a baddie during TFM since she was very confident, fierce and extravagant in Bad Romance and Telephone, a truly baddie music video mv GIF by Lady Gaga

But ARTPOP does not fit in this specific criteria.

Gimme More

Blackout and it's not even close.

Don't get me wrong I love Taylor and enjoy Reputation too, but Blackout is THAT b*tch.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

JohnnyVersace

As you said, Blackout is more authentic. Britney truly was living a "messy" lifestyle fueled by the extreme paparazzi/tabloid presence, and it reflected in the music, visuals, and performances. She really was on top of the world in terms of fame, and she kinda said "**** it" and just put out what she wanted to, and presented herself in her true, idgaf form. Of course it wasn't well-received by all, and led to even more backlash w the VMA's performance, but looking back it's a really interesting, bold era that I appreciate even more now.

Taylor used a overly-discussed "scandal" w Kanye to narrate an entire era, which to me just seemed immature and desperate. She doesn't come off as cool, edgy or dark. Parts of the Rep tour are super cringe and try-hard (and of course parts are great). A lot of the music on Rep I enjoy, but I think my main critique of it is how designed and perfectionist it is. Like, every video is incredibly cinematic, the music is very clean, the aesthetics and themes are highly stylized. 

When you're having a baddie era, there needs to be an element of MESS, and Ms. Swift simply did not bring that. :lolly:

xoxo Craig
6 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

This is a prominent narrative people like to share but how exactly what it a big **** you to the world and pop culture standards? She included Jewels and Drugs which is dragged / skipped by a lot of her biggest fans. Other than that it was a pretty typical electro pop record and her fashion was still the same exact more vibrant with colors...

In terms of the era, you can't deny that it was rebellious. SXSW performance, literally dragging critcs left right and centre, going on blast saying "fck you if you want me to be a typical blonde pop start... y'know what? I'm gonna be myself until they fcking close the coffin!"

Literally that whole era was a big fck you to people who wanted her to be this "perfect" blonde popstar. 

Plus, J&D is a great song which gets too much hate among the fanbase :vegas: and her fashion was even MORE elaborate and avant-garde than previous eras

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
8 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

i just think you guys are mistaking what a bad bitxh is, at least in the most literal way

ARTPOP was maybe different, yes a little rebellious, over the top, risky? questionable (maybe for some people) but i even think she was more of a baddie during TFM since she was very confident, fierce and extravagant in Bad Romance and Telephone, a truly baddie music video mv GIF by Lady Gaga

But ARTPOP does not fit in this specific criteria.

But by that definition, every era Gaga has done is a 'bad bitch' era. :bear: Someone who's in a 'bad bitch' era is someone who is doing something unexpected, rebellious, against the norm for that artist, potentially risky or experimental... 

End Racism Now

Gimme More

Also some facts about Blackout and the era:

-Britney was Exec Producer of the album

-Britney was pregnant during most of the recording of Blackout

-Britney was late for the POM video shoot and made up the dance routine in the bathroom scene on the spot.

-Britney only did one 'interview' for Blackout and it was a radio telephone interview and said 'that was it that was the promo'.

-The album was added to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame library. 

-Break The Ice was supposed to have a proper music video and she was spotted at Millennium Dance Studio doing chair choreography for the video but that was scrapped for the animated video as she went into hospital around the time the video was supposed to be filmed.

-Britney was literally eating ice while in the studio recording break the ice - it was one of her pregnancy cravings

-Radar was supposed to be the 4th single and filmed in London but obviously that didn't happen because of Britney's situation and the C-ship - the reason it was included on Circus is due to Britney's team agreeing and signing a contract to make Radar a single, so when that couldn't happen for Blackout they made it the fourth single of Circus.

I've got so many more facts but i'll leave it at that for now :) 

#JusticeForBritney ♡

bionic
Just now, Gimme More said:

Also some facts about Blackout and the era:

-Britney was Exec Producer of the album

-Britney was pregnant during most of the recording of Blackout

-Britney was late for the POM video shoot and made up the dance routine in the bathroom scene on the spot.

-Britney only did one 'interview' for Blackout and it was a radio telephone interview and said 'that was it that was the promo'.

-The album was added to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame library. 

-Break The Ice was supposed to have a proper music video and she was spotted at Millennium Dance Studio doing chair choreography for the video but that was scrapped for the animated video as she went into hospital around the time the video was supposed to be filmed.

-Britney was literally eating ice while in the studio recording break the ice - it was one of her pregnancy cravings

-Radar was supposed to be the 4th single and filmed in London but obviously that didn't happen because of Britney's situation and the C-ship - the reason it was included on Circus is due to Britney's team agreeing and signing a contract to make Radar a single, so when that couldn't happen for Blackout they made it the fourth single of Circus.

I've got so many more facts but i'll leave it at that for now :) 

Was Britney still dating KFed when she made this album?

buy bionic

Agunimon
5 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

"fck you if you want me to be a typical blonde pop start... y'know what? I'm gonna be myself until they fcking close the coffin!"

Yeah but then she curbed her original plan to go brunette and was still the blonde pop star. And her message for eras before that was to liberate yourself and to be who you are and live your truth. She was always over the top and rebellious. Not sure how ARTPOP resonates to you as her rebelling considering her past eras. Her debut to most people was her hanging above a stage bleeding out. Her SXSW performance was the only real rebelling she did that era.

xoxo Craig
5 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Yeah but then she curbed her original plan to go brunette and was still the blonde pop star. And her message for eras before that was to liberate yourself and to be who you are and live your truth. She was always over the top and rebellious. Not sure how ARTPOP resonates to you as her rebelling considering her past eras. Her debut to most people was her hanging above a stage bleeding out. Her SXSW performance was the only real rebelling she did that era.

I mean, not really. The Fame was an era establishing herself as not your average blonde pop girl. It was about being outside of the box. The VMAs 2009 performance is the epitome of this. Singing a song about the paparazzi while reminding everyone what can happen to starts once their lives are robbed from them. Was it rebellious? In a way yeah, but it was more telling a story through a theatrical performance. The Fame Monster was kind of an extention of this. BTW was more about liberation and loving yourself for who you are. But the era wasn't that rebellious apart from a couple of moments where she was like "I'm gonna do me and wear my leather in downtown New York".

But ARTPOP took it further with fashion, with her general attitude, and the way she presented herself during that era. People were wanting "TFMga" for ARTPOP, the one who sang Telephone, the one who was easy to read. And yet Gaga didn't allow that for ARTPOP. Her performances, her fashion, the wigs, the avant-garde pieces, the whole Abramovic stuff... she was doing things that were out of the box for Gaga. She was even more rebellious in this era. And I think that's why people didn't get it... and maybe the reason why Gaga couldn't explain it. 

End Racism Now

Archived