bad bixh era: Blackout Vs. reputation

vyniildisk

baddest era  

122 members have voted

1. 1. popstar baddie era

• Blackout

Featured Posts

vyniildisk

๐—ช๐—›๐—”๐—ง ๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฅ ๐—™๐—”๐—ฉ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ง๐—˜ ๐—•๐—”๐—— ๐—•๐—œ๐—ง๐—–๐—› ๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—” ๐—ข๐—™ ๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ ๐—ง๐—œ๐— ๐—˜?ย ย if it's not Blackout or REPUTATION?ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

If you are familiar with Wandavision i think it's safe to say that Agatha is in her bad bitxh eraย Kathryn Hahn GIF by Vulture.com

I find dark unapologetic pop eras fascinating, even better when they are truly authentic and i think this is the case for Godney & Taylucifer (call me basic if you want, idc)

tumblr_p01t88PEer1w48wlho4_250.gifvgiphy.gif

ย 

- Both eras come as a byproduct of the media mistreatmentย of both artists (even if Britney was obviously far worse)

- Both albumes have this dark twisted vibe with some love / sad undertones along with some cutesy songs ( Ooh baby, Gorgeous, etc)

- Both albumes have references about their exes

ย 

Some differences:

- Britney's one is more organic and authentic overall. Blackout really came from the hell she was living at the time and she was truly unapologetic, you can see it in the music videos, she really didn't give a f*** and the videos were unfinished and the era too.

- Taylor's one is more polished and calculated, sheย crafted each aspect of the era and deliver a very solid tour and album rollout.

This two points really tells you a lot about Britney's and Taylor's personalities.

ย 

Some points:

I thought about adding this other eras:

- Bangerz, Good Girl Gone Bad, Thank You Next, but it just didn't feel baddie enough, but we can discuss this further.

- I find fascinating that Gaga & Rihanna choose a different path after mistreatment from the media, they went with LOUD & JOANNE wich is overall is a different way to heal with past trauma, instead of going for the bad bitxh route. (Edit. Sorry, Rihanna released RATED R after her problems with Chris Brown i thought her problems happened during that era)

- I thought adding Meghan Trainor Thank Era because she tried to be a baddie with her single NOย :sis:

ย 

Questions.

-Wich one is your most iconic baddie era?

-Do you wantย Gaga to getย a proper fvck you all era ? if she is ever at that stage in her life?

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

- I find fascinating that Gaga & Rihanna choose a different path after mistreatment from the media, they went with LOUD & JOANNE wich is overall is a different way to heal with past trauma, instead of going for the bad bitxh route.

Didn't Rihanna release Rated R as a response to everything going on in the media about her after the whole Chris Brown situation?

I would label that one as her dark era.

vyniildisk
Just now, Yennefer Stark said:

Didn't Rihanna release Rated R as a response to everything going on in the media about her after the whole Chris Brown situation?

I would label that one as her dark era.

i thought the chris brown situation happened during that era, my bad

Anderson123

Blackout. Not my favorite Britney album but feels more authentic to what she was going through at that time, even though she doesn't write the lyrics but it was a good record.

Gaga kind of had her FU era with ARTPOP.

vyniildisk
10 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Blackout. Not my favorite Britney album but feels more authentic to what she was going through at that time, even though she doesn't write the lyrics but it was a good record.

Gaga kind of had her FU era with ARTPOP.

i disagree about ARTPOP, the singles don't agree and either the whole album, maybe swine? i think even perfect illusion feels more unapologetic than applause

vyniildisk
1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

reputation >>>>>>>>

yes but why?ย 

Anderson123
16 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

i disagree about ARTPOP, the singles don't agree and either the whole album, maybe swine? i think even perfect illusion feels more unapologetic than applause

The music might not reflect that so much but it still had songs like Aura, Swine, Sex Dreams, the R. Kelly duet, Jewels N' Drugs etc. that she made to get out of that popstar box, then with some of the performances like SXSW, she was clearly angry at the stuff that went on behind the scenes so it was like her "rebel" era.

I mean Gaga has never been the typical popstar so she has been doing things different with The Fame Monster and Born This Way, then ARTPOP.

Magic Mike

reputation is the only taylor album i listen to (i chose this option), <and gosh I dislike her so much!> ,ย whereas I listen to all of britneyโ€™s discography. britney still wins, but between both ,Reputation is better imo

vyniildisk
29 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

had songs like Aura, Swine, Sex Dreams, the R. Kelly duet, Jewels N' Drugs etc. that she made to get out of that popstar box

not funny no GIF

lmao alternative indie kween did that i guess (along with Donatellaย :sis:)

bionic

Blackout.

Reputation is like a Disney version of a bad girl era

buy bionic

vyniildisk
7 minutes ago, bionic said:

Blackout.

Reputation is like a Disney version of a bad girl era

After years of people calling her snake and slut shaming her? I think she came w a very interesting conceptย 

A disney version of a bad girl era would be I can't be tamedย :gaycat:

Archived